What do I do with my druid?

Hello all,

What do I do with my druid?

My javazon clears cows faster.
My bowazon clears chaos faster.
My barb clears throne of destruction/baal faster.
My Sorc MF farms better.
My smiter does ubers/clones.
My hammerdin is better for any screwing around.

what the heck is the druid supposed to do?

Honest question.

I really like playing him, I just need to know where to play him

Yes druid isnt the best. End of topic :wink:
You must accept the limitations.

I usually clear whole game with my wind dru - with decrep from merc he is able to do so.

New fire build is Ok for cows, arachnid lair and stony tomb. Although i do not play shape one.

Technically, if you go fire elementalist, you can clear maps with lots of mobs INCLUDING fire immunes. While Javazon is good against anything that is not lit immune (dont get me wrong, she is good against lit immunes too, but not as fast), Druid barely notices fire immunes. Plus he has a zoo for tanking, has way more health than any other char (without CtA) and pretty easy to play with. But still not as good as other chars for most (if not all) situations.

Thanks for the reply guys.

Kind of sad. I have one of each class, was hoping all were equally viable, but it does just seem the druid is subpar.

If fire skills (im looking at you, Armageddonā€¦) hit more often and also Armageddon was centered around the druid, it would be almost equally as good as a Sorc. Its damage is already good, but its not that reliable. Many times mobs just wander around unhurt while all hells raining from the sky and ground, sometimes they die on sight. So, fire is viable, more than viable, but still cannot compete with the Sorc. But who knows, there might be further changes in 2.5. :slight_smile:

Guys if u want go for fire one and you have no ā€žruneā€ limitations, try my comp:
Infi on merc, Ravenlore with fire facet, 6os weapon with facets, Phoenix. -83% fire res on enemies +85% from infi.
Also enigma is needed, with teleport you position your merc with conv, without it he will run around.

And you really dont care about immunes, most are removed :slight_smile:

But again - it isnt top build of the game.

1 Like

I think the main strength of druid, at least Wind Druid, is versatility and survivability - while not being the best at anything mentioned he can do all content(havenā€™t tried ubers yet, though), and is really tough even with mid-tier gear. His play style(full zoo + Oak Sage + Hurricane + Holy Freeze merc) is also safe, therefore it might be a good choice as a hardcore character.

I have two problems with my druid. The first is that the skills aiming/hitting is really not good. Fissure, Tornado, Armagedon ā€¦ or they have an awful cooldown like vulcanco.
The second is because of that you need a lot of skills, you need 5-6 keys for your minions and 4 for fire spellsā€¦ The gameplay is slow and stressful . IĀ“m also disapointed in hell.

1 Like

Yeah druid is just not a fluid/fun class.

Tornado is a nightmare to aim too

Iā€™ve found that the most efficient way to play wind Druid while competing for top ladder spot (hardcore, anyways) is to guard a TP in the corner of throne with xp shrine and ondals. Of course you only do this after you have split Diablo xp with a hammerdin (the same guy you may be splitting Baal with). While you keep five people in town to maximize xp split. Unfortunately in a game of really geared dps, your contribution ends with oak sage.

I would also like to know this. I run every character, but my druid sits at level 81 because he sucks at everything.

I always hope there is some super secret use for Druid.

Itā€˜s a shame. The spells looking great but I cannot find something playable ā€¦ tornado, armageddon, fissure are missing often.( I play mostly console ā€¦ )Hurricane is low damage, volcano has an awful long cooldown.
Summorer is boring. Nothing to do than recast. Hybrids because of synergies not viable.
Maybe rabies summorer?

Eh? My summoner actually gets close and personal with melee attacks. 1 pt Werebear, shockwave then go in the fray to maul (1 pt as well) and kill; helps kill bossess like baal quick as well with CB gear - using an eDeath ettin + Stormshield on switch.

You must be following one of those vanilla guides where the summoner does nothing.