Werewolf and Werebear skills are useless in PTR

I really hope this change was unintended, we really need IAS outside the weapon to work for Fury, but also the cap needs to be 3 FPA not 10 FPA like it is in PTR.

1 Like

I’ve been trying to do a hurricane shapeshift (werewolf) build in the PTR. Any recommendations on how I should make my skill tree? I feel like besides hurricanes it relies on summons. I’m wondering which summons I should use and also which merc I should use to help deal with cold immunes

I am not sure if hurricane will do enough damage, I see it more like a small aid to a fury druid, but damage is very small…

Blizzard just made a post saying that this intended. I am not sure what they are thinking, but this is the actual death of an entire skill tree if this remains the same moving forward. I am in a bit of disbelief here and am not sure the developers are truly understanding the IAS mechanics of the game.

3 Likes

can you paste a link here please

Wow, just wow, this was an intended change? No amount of buffs can make up for how slow it attacks now, in PvP completely useless, no chance to hit anyone. In PvE attack speed is everything for a attack that gets INTERRUPTED, also leech and tons of PROCS, feral rage will take 10 seconds to charge and lasts 20. Please just remove all shape shifting skills, and replace them with something useful, gives us a new tree, and repurpose all previous shape shifting items to work with the new skill tree

2 Likes

RIP druids, they have just deleted a class from the game

6 Likes

blizzard is this a joke? the class CANNOT BE PLAYED IN HELL anymore??? the nerf to unintended IAS cap removal ALREADY made me stop playing the shapshifter, this will make it so bad it will be literally UNPLAYABLE PLEASE DONT DO THIS!!!

5 Likes

Holy crap Blizzard. Do they understand why shapeshifter druid maniacs were playing them?? For years and years? Just make zeal and whirlwind all hit 10frames capped, and kill all melee classes, why you guys are ruining werewolf only?

We frigging never complained about the weapon diversity. We play them because of their theme, high attack speed, and damage. SLOWER IAS ON HIGH TIER GEARS?

When human form druid uses zeal while equipping tomb reaver, zeal is capped at 6frames. Thats gonna be the current state of werewolf on PTR right? And some phaseblades will go same 6frames as well. IS this the balance Blizzard speaking about?

8 Likes

The developers have such a poor understanding of IAS mechanics that I agree with others’ sentiment to simply remove shapeshifting skills at this point. If you keep them there in their current state, Druids overall are at a huge disadvantage. All other classes in this game have three skill trees that are at least somewhat useful and can often be used together. Druids now only have two. This should be a huge concern for the Druid community overall.

This is the biggest nerf I have seen in Diablo’s history. I have no idea why it is not receiving more attention.

11 Likes

Blizzard, please consider alternatives - why nerf the end game druid?

3 Likes

Calling summoning skill viable is being generous, the oak sage and wolf skill could be moved to elemental skills, and the summoning tree removed as well as shape shifting and the PTR state of druids would not change at all

2 Likes

Man, wow. I’m all for them fixing bad coding in the calculations, but shouldn’t they have at least tried to make them match up or even buff them a bit?

Looking at all the changes as a whole, it seems like they just threw changes around massively without even testing a fraction of them.

They have thousands of good players they could ask advice from. Coulda just had one druid player throw on some items and be like “Wow, this isn’t fun”.

6 Likes

It’s become obvious they DONT HAVE any druid players on the team, at all, whatsoever. Druid just went from being the worst class in D2 to being the first class in D2 that got deleted…

1 Like

There is zero way they tested it before putting it into the PTR. Wolf druids can’t HIT things anymore. I am really not exaggerating here. This build cannot be used in PVM or PVP. If they tested this themselves, they would have been extremely concerned and probably not moved forward with it.

3 Likes

all we can hope on is that they were serious with their words:

“We will be looking at ways to improve the performance of the transformed Druid without sacrificing the benefits obtained from unifying the attack speed calculations.”

Off-weapon IAS, please

2 Likes

I wonder if ubers is even possible now attacking as slowly as druids do now?

1 Like

That wont matter, the way that IAS works, bear and druid will be CAPPED at 10 frame attack with their current changes. You will only need 11 IAS (anywhere on character) to max out, you CANT get faster than that because you’re starting with a 23 frame human attack swing table. Add the fact that fury is interruptible and druid has to facetank everything, and you get an unplayable mess

7 Likes

HAHA no, i tried last night… a fury druid , with godly gear, BIS uber killing gear, cant even kill duriel in shifting sands. You cant hit fast enough to proc lifeleach and heal yourself, you just die. over… and over… and over…

3 Likes