Warcry Buff? Or false hopes

Lets talk about warcry LOL.

Warcry is a spell correct? Heres my rant about current warcry changes…

Honestly you can increase the damage of warcry by 5x its current damage and STILL get slapped around by max block max dr characters LOL honestly stop changing the damage and mana cost and make warcry unblockable in PVP idc if you even remove the stun effect so its not considered Overpowered lmao. Just make it viable…
Tornado from a druid is physical as well and not blockable and its a spell too?

If you devs can answer this one SIMPLE easy peazy question for me ill be satisfied…

How Can A Shield Block Sound??

this being said Dragon Talon tool tips show ATTACK RATING
Why cant it be blocked? assuming its a physical ATTACK

why is a scream from a barbarian SPELL blockable though?

If warcry is ment to be a crappy Pvm skill outshined by Whirlwind and zerk and frenzy and throw barbs then fine ill let bi-gones be bi-gones. But lets put a little more thought into warcry changes to ACTUALLY improve it where it needs improved. Damage is fine IMHO. Mana cost IS crazy high for a blockable spell that can be negated through damage reduction items.

Lets just run some super simple numbers here guys.

75% Chance to block warcry
and chance to avoid it on an amazon that is using 75% block as well lol…
NOW lets figure in cost/damage taken while trying to land JUST 1 warcry on an enemy
lets say warcry is ONLY level 21ish thats what 30 mana per cast? NOW lets say you have 1k Mana, that allows for 33 casts of warcry how many can you land effectively before a zon simply jabs you to death with lvl 1 jab? i bet you land around 5 hits. which are being mitigated by dmg reduction so she might take what 300 dmg ? before your stabbed to death in the face by a level 1 skill? go ahead and go try it its pretty pathetic really. Even at a reduced mana cost per cast youll be dead before you even use your entire mana pool and an entire belt of mana pots LOL
EDIT:: Im saying this as a singer barb using 9x 45 life WC gcs, and all small charms are 20 life 11 res with 20/20 torch n anni and the best possible build i can come up with. Not some random shako using dual wizpike or hoto using singer. i take it seriously and you guys are making it a joke.

Even if warcry cost ZERO mana to cast 99% of Stormshield wearing max block characters will kill you before you can actually deal any sort of real damage to them so to be honest mana reduction on warcry WONT fix how it performs outside of PVM which is tragic.

Please i really Hope d2r devs read this post and realize something else needs done aside from a simple damage increase and mana reduction, This isnt a fix this is just a 2 second faster chaos clear LOL. Which btw even with 1.3k mana and an insight merc you WILL go oom before you can kill diablo LOL which takes about 100 warcries to do even with decrep on him at the current state of warcry.( And yes i understand its supposed to have a reduction to mana in 2.4)

And i dont want any posts saying warcry stun is OP
I see mindblast spam in every other duel game lol which if name locked can go 2 screens away and have a shadow casting it at the same time lol.

Edit:: Also this is a skill that has VERY limited maneuverability stay in 1 spot and warcry … making you SUPER vulnerable when using it in pvp scenerio. dont limit us all to playing a Bvc ww barb devs.

Sins have kickers trappers etc
Necros have nova necros pnb necros summon necros pnb/revive necro
Sorcs have fireball blizz firewall orb lightning nova etc etc etc
Druids have melee fury/fireclaw/rabies ele nado druid, fissure druid
zons have CS/bowa/plague java hybrids tele bowas etc
paladins have v/t t/v smite hammerdin foh auradin and so on
barbs have… whirlwind or a goldfind build honestly. WC Should be more viable and ignoring this fact i feel is a let down.

I know im just a no body, just a voice in the crowd and all but i mean who really plays singers anyways its always been a niche build that has so much potential but never worked on due to all the other builds shining brighter and being played more.

Also Damage Taken Goes to Mana would be a nice Fix to warcry mana issues BUT with stun it doesnt work well and the ability should ACTUALLY be called “Some damage types when damaged goes to mana” cuz so far only a few attacks actually trigger this effect making it useful only vs smiters really which are gonna slap your 7.6k hp with full Dr in seconds.

Grim ward to help Warcry? I THINK NOT so many required points for synergies and still maintain a healthy Battle orders grim ward is out of the question.

Btw just did hell baal and it takes WELL over 300 warcries WITH amp damage . had to town 4 times for more mana pots since mana drain is OP, Also had 2 mercs hitting him 1 with insight 1 with a 1k damage eth rare thresher with amp damage 55 ias 391% ed doing 10k damage per hit LOL what a joke

4 Likes