War Cry / Singer Barb Feedback

ya find potion is probably the most useless skill in D2-D2R…

You have some good points I agree with. Here’s my thoughts

• Damage needs to be significantly increased. 30% is not enough at all, I would like to see between 80-125% increase in damage of warcry

• Mana cost of warcry is a major issue with the build affecting all gear decisions. Mana cost should be reduced by 30-50%

• With a reduction to mana cost per cast I dont believe there is any need to change/alter/ or introduce more synergies. Battle order would then require less skill investment as mana would be less of a priority and the rest of the points would be enough to spread into Grimward + Find Potion (assuming they get fixed to work with Warcry), some points can also be taken out of the last synergy if more points were to be need to put into Find potion if needed in that scenario. There is enough room for skill points I believe.

• Fix Grim ward to work with Warcry also fix the skill description. It is confusing for players what stat this directly affects such as buffing damage or lower immunities etc

Final Thoughts:

• More damage is what this build needs in conjunction with a reduction to mana cost and proper benefit from the new Grim ward skill rework, then we can properly push this build with more rigorous testing. Particularly into higher Player levels
2 Likes

hey jdizzle.

I am a singer barb from back in the day – honestly he was probably one of the most fun characters I’ve ever played in any game. When I discovered that D2R was going to be released, my immediate thoughts were, “I’m going to rebuild my singer – my pride and joy.” This is still my ultimate end-goal for D2R, and, since I see on these forums that you are highly regarded as a singer player, I wonder if there is a way we could connect sometime and I could chat you up about seeing that goal to fruition.

Please let me know if this is a possibility!

this build not suppse to be top tier

this is a support build already the barb have very fastercast rate and stun everything making a 8 player game so easy in party

dont ask to make this game brain dead this is why singer barb never have the damage

1 Like

dont ask to make this game brain dead this is why singer barb never have the damage

This is funny considering auradin is a brain dead build.

And mostly people want reduced mana cost over anything else lol

And Daai any time u want just message me jdizzle#12766 bnet tag add me up

i never say some other broken build are not brain dead 110% agree
but at least you dont add more stuff like this in the game to balance the game

sure np

ok after 4 days and over 30 more hours of testing in single player with perfect gear I tried all options out there. my opinion hasn’t changed. mana is by far the biggest issue and the overall dmg boost should be around 80-110%. lower the stun duration. open up 1 synergy to get points into grim ward / find potion. after a lot of testing I like the fear on grim ward a bit more than compared to the initial testing. but to be really good it need to affect at least unique/rare mobs/champion packs.

Yeah. Solution imo is to have the damage increase be an “aura” effect (like Conviction), or maybe replace the Curse debuff with a straight Amp Damage, since Amp Dmg naturally affects Super Uniques, where Terrify/Howl don’t.

The fear is okay with the slow, but stun would be much, much smoother to use. If we didn’t have Howl already on the class I think Grim Ward would be way less dumb.

I dont agree with you on Fear being kept on Grim ward. Its annoying and bugs AI to stand still doin nothing with fear.
Barb doesnt need another safety tool, he already has Howl, Warcry, Leap, Shout, BO.

Slowing only makes enemies to group together so you can utilize it for Whirlwind, warcry, doublethrow pierce.

1 Like

I really hope they buff war cry’s damage, reduce the mana cost and add small bonus to radius with skill point investment.

1 Like

I play war cry barb a lot and it really does need more damage increase and reduction in mana costs. Investing 80 points into your skill and synergies and using 20+ additional bonus skill points from gear, should not leave you outperformed by mid-level half-geared players in 8 player nightmare games. regarding the “support” build, whos the support for? Is it for drastically weaker players, or those who blast through the enemies in a split second so the stun doesnt even matter, or is it really just for themselves because the skill is so weak?

Something that would eliminate some of the need for damage increase and mana cost reduction would be to allow war cry to proc casts ( such as amp dmg ) deadly strikes, crushing blows, and steal mana and life; even if it was only a small percentage of your items percent chance. It would only make sense to allow this, considering war cry can be blocked, dodged, and avoided. You can achieve amp damage by switching to offhand, and it helps a lot, but it can be very clumsy.

Its a very fun build, one of my favorites, but it needs a LOT more.

I did some more testing with the changes mana - maybe we can get some more discussion here: War Cry / Singer Barb Feedback Round 2 - #3 by aintnosleep-1507

1 Like

I feel like the Singer barb is too gimmicky and still needs some buffs to be a true contender.

3 Likes

Really curious on how to buff this skill without making it an exact replica of nova. If you increase its damage/radius then this is nearly identical to the sorceress (with added stun).

I’m hoping that they try to differentiate this skill by perhaps adding “1% chance to cast when struck per hard point” making it a bit more viable as a skill splash (or 20 point investment) onto other physical builds.

Simply allow it to proc casts on strike ( such as amp dmg, etc.), deadly strikes, crushing blows, open wounds, as well as mana and life leach; all for a small percentage of a percentage of your items cumulative chance, and it will greatly enhance the skill.

Using war cry, even at lower dmg, while it proc’d a bunch of cast on hit attacks from runewords, etc. would be very fun.

2 Likes

That would be cool if War Cry could proc casts on strike (amp dmg), deadly strikes, crushing blows, open wounds, as well as mana and life leach as you mentioned. This would make this skill unique as compared to nova.

2 Likes

we still need more dmg. another 30% would be so helpful

1 Like

I think War Cry’s mana cost should be 0.60 per level instead of the recently reduced 0.75.

2 Likes

yeah I think so too I made a 2nd round of feedback but it seems like singers gave up hope :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m still here pushing for the Singer :slight_smile: