Videos of Modified Unique Weapons Tested with Whirlwind Barbarians

@Nickie, can you please create The Cranium Basher shown below and send it to Endugu so he can test and post a video here? Would be nice to test out both the non-ethereal and ethereal versions. Thanks boss!

The Cranium Basher
Thunder Maul
Two-Hand Damage: (119-132) To (560-632)
Required Level: 87
Required Strength: 253
200-240% Enhanced Damage
20 To Minimum Damage
50% Damage to Undead
75% Chance Of Crushing Blow
4% To Cast Level 1 Amplify Damage On Striking
20% Increased Attack Speed
All Resistances +25
25 To Strength
Indestructible

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add Requirements -20%
    • Change Min Damage from 20 to 200
    • Change Required Level from 87 to 77
    • Change Increased Attack Speed from 20% to 30-40%
    • Change Enhanced Damage from 200-240% to 300-350%
    • Change Strength from +25 to +1-99 (+1.00 Per Clvl)
    • Change Indestructible to Repair 1 Durability in 10 Seconds

Er, he already did? He’s saying if a unique already had indestructible mod, allow it to roll eth.

I’m all for buffing WW especially after the IAS changes that made 2H lose FPA, but I don’t really want my eBotD CB / eDeath CS WW Barb that I’ve painstakenly kept all forms of cold damage off of start shooting out Glacial Blast that will freeze enemies. Even if lvl 18’s 200 some odd damage is unlikely to get the killing blow, it still adds a freeze duration that will mean death by my other attacks will shatter corpses so I can’t hork. Things like amp/decrep would be cool of course but I don’t think the game is setup to differentiate?

I think the proposal would be to change the game such that being indestructible doesn’t prevent it from rolling eth? If this isn’t possible then I agree changing to self repair is reasonable, so long as it’s a high enough rate to be sustainable.

1 Like

I think you mentioned that once before, or maybe it was DarkMaster. While it wouldn’t affect me negatively, I would not want my idea to negatively impact a longstanding build someone put so much time and effort into - I’m still suffering the loss of my 1.14d whirlwind build.

And so, as much as I’d enjoy seeing all the amazing proc skills triggered while whirlwinding, I’ll concede, and instead suggest just procing curses and/or put up to 40-90ish lvl 3-5 amp/decrep charges on wands and daggers.

1 Like

I sent Endugu the updated version.

Min damage caps at 63 unfortunately. I used to think min damage meant it would be added onto the weapon, but it only gets added onto your overall character damage.

I left it eth and indestructible since Endugu is testing the gameplay.

2 Likes

I think it was me and another user who I can’t think of off the top of my head right now, maybe Hanz or Odin?

If there was some way they could allow curses but not some of the skills then that would be awesome, although maybe someone wants to do something crazy with Destruction, Voice of Reason, or Rift, I wouldn’t want to break their ability to. I wonder if they could do something fun by making it proc only certain weapon types, like Mauls, but not others, so we could have the choice?

1 Like

Awesome, thanks! Can’t wait to see the video. If I may ask for another request, can you also send Endugu The Grandfather? As this version has the potential to roll 3 OS, maybe 3 Ohm runes?

The Grandfather
Colossus Blade
One-Hand Damage: (62-87) To (164-474)
Two-Hand Damage: (145-203) To (289-649)
Required Level: 81
Required Strength: 189
Required Dexterity: 110
+150-250% Enhanced Damage
+2-247 To Maximum Damage
+50% Bonus To Attack Rating
+80 To Life
+20 To All Attributes
Indestructible

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add 1-3 Open Sockets
    • Add 5% To Experience Gained
    • Add 25% Chance Of Crushing Blow
    • Add 10-990 To Attack Rating (+10.0 Per Clvl)
    • Change Required Level from 81 to 75
    • Change Enhanced Damage from 150-250% to 250-300%
    • Change Indestructible to Repair 1 Durability in 10 Seconds
2 Likes

Not specifically designed for whirlwind but since we’re sharing ideas, here is my Cranium Basher upgrade

(The) Cranium Basher

Original
Thunder Maul

(132-632)
(4% Chance to cast level 1 Amplify Damage on striking)
(Indestructible)
(+20% Increased Attack Speed)
(+200-240% Enhanced Damage)
(+20 damage)
(+75% Chance of Crushing Blow)
(+25 to Strength)
(All Resistances +25)

Buffed
Thunder Maul

(165-900) / (248-1350 Eth)
**30% Chance to cast level 1 Amplify Damage on striking
**Bash deals 120% damage to nearby enemies (3 yard radius)
**3% Chance for enemy to drop a perfect skull when Killed with Bash (Requires Level 80+ Enemy)
**Bash Deals +6-15% Damage per level when equipped
(20% Increased Attack Speed)
**+200-400% Enhanced Damage
**+30-75% Chance of Crushing Blow
(+25 to Strength)
(All Resistances +25)
***Level 30 Bash Charges (60) (Replenish Charges 1 every 33 seconds )

1 Like

Proc when used as a unique or two hander? Imagine the fun whirlwinding with 2 x Stormlash. It would open up a lot of new builds.

1 Like

Here is a crazy idea to transform The Cranium Basher is a truly godly weapon and help bridge the AOE gap for melee characters…

• Remove CtC Amplify Damage On Striking
  • Add CtC Corpse Explosion When You Kill An Enemy

Maybe that is too much to ask for, but it sure would be fun to see. :slight_smile:

You just created a new build for ‘Rare Rerollers’! :laughing:

I was just thinking if casting amp when you kill a monster is possible.

1 Like

I sent The Grandfather.

I put Ohms/tokens in the chest, and another copy for dual wielding if needed.

2 Likes

Nickie, much appreciated! @Endugu can you make videos for running Chaos for both The Cranium Basher and The Grandfather? Would really like to see the performance of these two beefed up weapons on WW Barb. When you make videos, can you hover over weapon tool tip for a few seconds to take a quick peek.

2 Likes

I’ll post for you later this evening.

1 Like

Here is the video of the latest modfied TCB. A little weaker that the first modified version and eBotD TM. The end of the video shows the stat difference between the lot of them. I’m having a lot of fun with the beefy The Gandfather, it’s video is coming soon.

2 Likes

Here is The Grandfather video. Not going to lie, this is the funnest sword yet.

2 Likes

Thanks for testing The Cranium Basher :saluting_face:

Do you think that’s fair for P7? The Javazon is allowed to 1 shot everything with ease and from range. In my opinion The Cranium Basher that originated from Diablo 1 should decimate anything it touches. They’re pretty hard to find too right?

2 Likes

Yeah that looks fun as hell.

This is putting the original soul back into Diablo seeing a Barb dual wield these giant swords. If you had to roll 3 sockets and eth, that would be a great sword to trade and MF for. It seems pretty well balanced.

Thanks for the vid!

2 Likes

If we want a unique maul that is comparable to D2 LoD eBotD tm, I think you came very close with the first TCB. Blizzard needs to fix the 2 hander problem though before both weapons can be remotely close to working as well as they do on p8 in D2 LoD. Im going to do a TCB Chaos run on LoD to show if it works better.

1 Like

I like seeing these test videos. It is possible to make test of my design above also? Area damage would be like the area damage from leap attack.

2 Likes