Videos of Modified Unique Weapons Tested with Whirlwind Barbarians

I think making Indestructible uniques able to roll eth is a great start. I like the ‘up to 400% ed’ and I’d like to see a standard 3os. Just these changes alone would make it a great endgame weapon. What I want the most is to see whirlwind proc.

1 Like

then you better make them all repair durability, or add indestructible.
a non trivial amount of uniques do not have room left in the text file to add more attributes. (maybe this has changed in d2r, with the modding additions they made. i haven’t paid attention much since we can’t share with anyone)

uniqueitems.txt limit is still 12 properties just like original D2.

2 Likes

Nice. The existing unique items need to be improved in such ways…

2 Likes

no,

1. first off whirlwind can’t proc amp, and 15% is too much, maybe like 10%, also you have grim ward
  2. 400 ED? rofl NO, maybe change it from 250-300?
  3. i agree with removing the indy and replacing it with self repair this would allow it to sometimes spawn eth.
  4. why the hell are u removing all res? if anything buff it to something like 35-40
  5. instead of adding vit or str how about we give it -25% req
  6. lets increase the IAS a bit

+250-300% Enhanced Damage (varies)
+50% Damage To Undead
75% Chance Of Crushing Blow
10% Chance To Cast Level 1 Amplify Damage On Striking
30-40% Increased Attack Speed
All Resistances +35-40
-25% Requirements
self repair

also… even unmodified cranium basher is perfectly usable

@Endugu, I would be very grateful if you could test out and make a video for the beefed up version of The Cranium Basher (proposed buffs shown below). Maybe you could even test out both the non-ethereal and ethereal versions. The Cranium Basher is also my favourite unique weapon, alongside The Grandfather.

The Cranium Basher
Thunder Maul
Two-Hand Damage: (119-132) To (560-632)
Required Level: 87
Required Strength: 253
200-240% Enhanced Damage
20 To Minimum Damage
50% Damage to Undead
4% To Cast Level 1 Amplify Damage On Striking
20% Increased Attack Speed
All Resistances +25
25 To Strength
Indestructible

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add Requirements -20%
    • Change Min Damage from 20 to 200
    • Change Required Level from 87 to 77
    • Change Increased Attack Speed from 20% to 30-40%
    • Change Enhanced Damage from 200-240% to 300-350%
    • Change Strength from +25 to +1-99 (+1.00 Per Clvl)
    • Change Indestructible to Repair 1 Durability in 10 Seconds
2 Likes

Charles, I would very much enjoy that, and would be happy to do it with any item a barbarian can use. However I didn’t make this weapon and don’t know how it was made, nor do i want to learn. @Nickie sent it to me. If you you can find someone to make them, send them to me and I’ll test them. (endugu@live.com)

1 Like

@Nickie, can you please create The Cranium Basher shown below and send it to Endugu so he can test and post a video here? Would be nice to test out both the non-ethereal and ethereal versions. Thanks boss!

The Cranium Basher
Thunder Maul
Two-Hand Damage: (119-132) To (560-632)
Required Level: 87
Required Strength: 253
200-240% Enhanced Damage
20 To Minimum Damage
50% Damage to Undead
4% To Cast Level 1 Amplify Damage On Striking
20% Increased Attack Speed
All Resistances +25
25 To Strength
Indestructible

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add Requirements -20%
    • Change Min Damage from 20 to 200
    • Change Required Level from 87 to 77
    • Change Increased Attack Speed from 20% to 30-40%
    • Change Enhanced Damage from 200-240% to 300-350%
    • Change Strength from +25 to +1-99 (+1.00 Per Clvl)

Er, he already did? He’s saying if a unique already had indestructible mod, allow it to roll eth.

I’m all for buffing WW especially after the IAS changes that made 2H lose FPA, but I don’t really want my eBotD CB / eDeath CS WW Barb that I’ve painstakenly kept all forms of cold damage off of start shooting out Glacial Blast that will freeze enemies. Even if lvl 18’s 200 some odd damage is unlikely to get the killing blow, it still adds a freeze duration that will mean death by my other attacks will shatter corpses so I can’t hork. Things like amp/decrep would be cool of course but I don’t think the game is setup to differentiate?

I think the proposal would be to change the game such that being indestructible doesn’t prevent it from rolling eth? If this isn’t possible then I agree changing to self repair is reasonable, so long as it’s a high enough rate to be sustainable.

1 Like

I think you mentioned that once before, or maybe it was DarkMaster. While it wouldn’t affect me negatively, I would not want my idea to negatively impact a longstanding build someone put so much time and effort into - I’m still suffering the loss of my 1.14d whirlwind build.

And so, as much as I’d enjoy seeing all the amazing proc skills triggered while whirlwinding, I’ll concede, and instead suggest just procing curses and/or put up to 40-90ish lvl 3-5 amp/decrep charges on wands and daggers.

1 Like

I sent Endugu the updated version.

Min damage caps at 63 unfortunately. I used to think min damage meant it would be added onto the weapon, but it only gets added onto your overall character damage.

I left it eth and indestructible since Endugu is testing the gameplay.

2 Likes

I think it was me and another user who I can’t think of off the top of my head right now, maybe Hanz or Odin?

If there was some way they could allow curses but not some of the skills then that would be awesome, although maybe someone wants to do something crazy with Destruction, Voice of Reason, or Rift, I wouldn’t want to break their ability to. I wonder if they could do something fun by making it proc only certain weapon types, like Mauls, but not others, so we could have the choice?

1 Like

Awesome, thanks! Can’t wait to see the video. If I may ask for another request, can you also send Endugu The Grandfather? As this version has the potential to roll 3 OS, maybe 3 Ohm runes?

The Grandfather
Colossus Blade
One-Hand Damage: (62-87) To (164-474)
Two-Hand Damage: (145-203) To (289-649)
Required Level: 81
Required Strength: 189
Required Dexterity: 110
+150-250% Enhanced Damage
+2-247 To Maximum Damage
+50% Bonus To Attack Rating
+80 To Life
+20 To All Attributes
Indestructible

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add 1-3 Open Sockets
    • Add 5% To Experience Gained
    • Add 25% Chance Of Crushing Blow
    • Add 10-990 To Attack Rating (+10.0 Per Clvl)
    • Change Required Level from 81 to 75
    • Change Enhanced Damage from 150-250% to 250-300%
2 Likes

Not specifically designed for whirlwind but since we’re sharing ideas, here is my Cranium Basher upgrade

(The) Cranium Basher

Original
Thunder Maul

(132-632)
(4% Chance to cast level 1 Amplify Damage on striking)
(Indestructible)
(+20% Increased Attack Speed)
(+200-240% Enhanced Damage)
(+20 damage)
(+75% Chance of Crushing Blow)
(+25 to Strength)
(All Resistances +25)

Buffed
Thunder Maul

(165-900) / (248-1350 Eth)
**30% Chance to cast level 1 Amplify Damage on striking
**Bash deals 120% damage to nearby enemies (3 yard radius)
**3% Chance for enemy to drop a perfect skull when Killed with Bash (Requires Level 80+ Enemy)
**Bash Deals +6-15% Damage per level when equipped
(20% Increased Attack Speed)
**+200-400% Enhanced Damage
**+30-75% Chance of Crushing Blow
(+25 to Strength)
(All Resistances +25)
***Level 30 Bash Charges (60) (Replenish Charges 1 every 33 seconds )

1 Like

Proc when used as a unique or two hander? Imagine the fun whirlwinding with 2 x Stormlash. It would open up a lot of new builds.

1 Like

Here is a crazy idea to transform The Cranium Basher is a truly godly weapon and help bridge the AOE gap for melee characters…

• Remove CtC Amplify Damage On Striking
  • Add CtC Corpse Explosion When You Kill An Enemy

Maybe that is too much to ask for, but it sure would be fun to see. :slight_smile:

You just created a new build for ‘Rare Rerollers’! :laughing:

I was just thinking if casting amp when you kill a monster is possible.

1 Like

I sent The Grandfather.

I put Ohms/tokens in the chest, and another copy for dual wielding if needed.

2 Likes

Nickie, much appreciated! @Endugu can you make videos for running Chaos for both The Cranium Basher and The Grandfather? Would really like to see the performance of these two beefed up weapons on WW Barb. When you make videos, can you hover over weapon tool tip for a few seconds to take a quick peek.

2 Likes