Valkyrie dies instantly when summoned from Peace

Reported in somewhat less detail 23 days ago, the valkyrie summon from peace will die instantly upon being summoned. Whether you are in combat or out of combat, it doesn’t matter. I’ve NEVER had a valkyrie last more than 2 or 3 seconds. Often, it’s death is instantaneous and without being hit by any enemies. So, basically the spell effect is just loud and annoying without having any benefit other than an unlimited supply of disappointment

• peace (runeword)
4 Likes

Not a bug.

It has always worked this way. Even in the original D2:LoD.

You have to put at least 1 Point into Valkyrie for it to have any viability. (And Peace gives you +2 to Amazon Skills. So, with 1 Point, you would have a Level 3 Valkyrie).

I unfortunately disagree. I have been playing D2:LoD the past two years, and my Peace runeword has been summoning Valkyries for random amounts of time, but in Resurrected the Valkyrie immediately dies. I can’t confirm it’s even 2 or 3 seconds for me, seems like an immediate death.

I guarantee it’s a bug, since I started Resurrected I was wondering what the heck is up with my Valkyrie. To confirm, I have 0 points in Valkyrie and have for my entire build.

2 Likes

maybe d2r checks for the point in valk more frequently than og d2 did?

Yes can confirm my valkyrie dies within 0-2 seconds.

1 Like

My Level 15 Valkyrie last for 3 seconds.
Also the Mercenary won’t cast the Valkyrie on strike.
We could need some use of peace right now.

sure, it probably does.

but WHY does it?

I mean, you can summon skeletal warriors with faith, and they have a timer (what is it, like 2 minutes?)

I know it’s “reanimate” and thus a different mechanic, but why is there a need for a valk to disappear? At level 15 unsynergized, it’s going to die on its own rather soon anyways.
And if you slapped a timer on it, you’d be making dead sure noone “abuses” valk. proc. - though I really fail to see how it could be abused in the first place.

Not really answering anyone here, I just made one of these and it’s bothering me that this is still an issue (because it is an issue).
If it’s supposed to last 2-3 secs, why is it even there? It serves no purpose with a 2% proc and 2 sec timer.
The Valkyrie Amazon-skill doesn’t have a timer, why would a lvl 15 proc from a runeword have one?

1 Like

Lv 15 valkyrie without synergies it hardly matters much, it’s just a bit of flavour.

As of latest patch, this bug still remains. On proc the Valkyrie stays up 0-2 secs before dying. She should stay up just like the normal skill, until she die from damage and/or a second proc happen to summon another one. The “on hit/strike/attack/…” effects should have the exact same effect as the normal skills they are referring to, no matter what skills they are procing. That proced valkyrie should also benefits from your synergies, just like the Tesladin (dual Dream Runeword with hard points into synergies), but that is hard to test since, well, she die too fast.

Cheers.