Uber Physical Bowazon doable or not?

Have any one attempt to solo uber as a Bowazon? i tried and failed terribly. Seem like bowazon does not get any love from developer at all. I think i have really decent gear but took me ~30 minutes with so many death to bring down Lilith. Once i got to uber tristram, i literally hopelessly gave up.
I’m a physical bowazon, enough point in vitality to get ~1k health, and rest are in Dex. Here are my gears:
GMB faith bow with +5 bow skill, lvl 15 fana
Helm: Andy with socketed 15ias/34ed jewel
Armor: Fotitude ( also swapped with COH but last a few second longer)
Rings: Raven frost, and 6ll 1xx attack rating
Amu: high lord
Glove: layings of hand
Belt: razor tail, Nosferatu
Boots: Marrowwalk - would not able to kill Lilith without the Bone prison.

max strafe , max Guided arrow

I really dont know what other gear can help my bowazon to kill uber tristram boss.

Hey there, I have done a few uber trist runs with my pure bowazon recently. The gear you need is radically different from what you’re using. You need lots of crushing blow, open wounds, slow and a strong valkyrie and decoy. Bit busy at the moment but will go more in depth later on.

1 Like

GFace and Goblin toe/Gore Riders would be a good start for CB

Hello,

Here is my story regarding this topic…

Yesterday I have managed to defeat without problems Lilith, Uber Duriel, and Uber Izual offline with my bowazon. The key was to increase the physical resist of my act 2 might mercenary to 40% with Leviathan and Vampire Gaze. This made him an unbrekable tank stonewall which holded long enough while I was taking Izual and Duriel down with my bow. Their physical damage was neutralized. In addition against Lilith I gave him some antidote potions, which gave him temporary 85 % poison resist so neither her physical, neither her poison attacks were able to kill him.

So far so good, but when I have entered Uber Tristram… :frowning:
I have equipped my bowazon with all resistance charms and Kira’s Guardian, reaching the 300 % cap and engaged Uber Mephisto. Despite the fact that his level 20 conviction aura has been neutralized and I had all my resistances maxed out - I was not able to take more than 1/3 from his total hit points (before he regenerates them) because my merc and my 20 level valkyrie were dying at the first second when they met him. After that I had not more than 2 seconds to fire my arrows against him before he and his army of minions to force me to retreat. No matter how fast I was clearing his minions with the multiple shot - he was replacing them right away until I ran out of mana. After several attepmpts he finally reached me and killed me and I gave up.
Next time I will engage Uber Diablo and Ball, will let you know of the result.

My character:

Level 95 multishot bowzon

Head - Valkyrie Wing with 20ED/15IAS jewel / Kira’s for the battle against Uber Mephisto for maximum resistances
Bow - Grand Matron Bow (+ 3 bow and grossbow skills) Faith with 14 level Fanaticism
Amulet - The Cat’s Eye
Body Armor - archon plated Fortitude
Gloves - Laying of hands
Belt - Razortail
Ring 1 - Raven Frost
Ring 2 - 6/6/ Dual leech rare ring
Boots - Gore Rider

Act 2 might mercenary
Weapon - The Reaper’s Tool
Armor - Leviathan/Fortitude
Head - Vampire Gaze

Sorry, still haven’t had time to prepare a full on write up, but see this post for a good overview.

@GoldenArmada this one is for you too.

1 Like

Thank you @Onadroig for the link to the detailed guide!

Few days ago I have tried everything step by step as you have described it there. The mini ubers were not a problem but again I was not able to beat Mephisto. I have respec to the same build as you suggested, then I have summoned 8 maulers from the Durance of Hate. I have to tell you that they held the line pretty long and this time I was able to take 1/2 from his total hit points before they get overkilled by Mephisto’s minions. From my point of view Strafe with Harmony and with so few dexterity stats is not doing enough damage, Mephisto is raising his minions much faster than my killing rate with that Harmony/Strafe/200 Dex. Not to mention that I am not very keen at strafe, I prefer the multiple shot… I have tried this few times bofre I ran out of maulers and gave up. Maybe I am not doing something right, I don’t know…

Anyway, I will wait for the new patch where multuple shot and the guided arrow are going to receive a significant synergies from each other. Then I am going to try with Dracul’s, Nosferatu’s coil and the Bone Prison from Marrows but this time with my standard 500 + dex/Faith GMB without any vitality but with 300 capped ressistances, with 27 Guided arrow with synergy from 23 multiple shot. I hope that the bone prison will distract him while I am taking him out. I have 13 charges and I need around 30 seconds…Will let you know of the result.

Hi,the gear is bad :slight_smile: you need 90% open wounds and 75% Crush minimal . When you have this 20 points in Guided Arrow 20 points in Multi :slight_smile: 90% open + 75% crush you need 3-4 hits to take him to 1% .Ubers have high armor so the dmg from forti + loh will do nothing to them :slight_smile: Crush Blow remove % from the life even if you have 0 dmg also Open Wounds.
1 Crush Blow is -12.5% HP vs Bosses or -25% vs Normal mobs even if you use a 2-6 dmg bow :slight_smile: And Open Wounds does dmg over time (8 sec last) base on your LvL vs Enemy LvL. Stack only Open / Crush & Attack Speed and you will melt them. The problem is items that have those stats usualy don`t provide or have low resistance, this is the main reason why Paladin is better, not because as smite can do more dmg or faster that a Bowazon , but Paladins can stack 100% Open 100% Crush and still have 95% light 85% cold . About the merc…well Mephisto hit 450-600 dmg if you have 75% light / cold if your merc is -10% - 20% because of the aura + the minions dmg, he have 0% to even get close to hit, you need to craft Treachery (Level 15 Fade) + Rain (Level 15 Cyclone Armor) to buff him before you go there,then use Forti but also go in portal when the Chilling Armor proc :slight_smile: and yes use act5 with 2xLawBringer since he can proc on Memphi lvl15 Decrepify (-50% walk/run -50% dmg) for like 12 - 13 sec if your merc stay alive long enough to proc the Decrepify the Mephisto is useless and 2xLawBringer = 2x18 Sanctuary Aura and lvl36 Sanct its 1200% dmg vs undead he will insta kill all Memphi sumoners that are close to him, Decrepify remove psi immunes too so…

2 Likes

I haven’t tried the act 5 frenzy Merc against Ubers, that should be interesting to see.

One thing about crushing blow for bows though, she will only do 6.25% of their current health pool instead of 12.5%. Ranged attacks do half CB damage than usual. That is just one reason the smiter is much faster.

The other reasons are smite can reach faster attack speeds and can even evade blocking. It’s a pretty broken skill tbh.

Hello Gr3u, Onadroig, :wink:

I gave this up, I will just use my beloved bowazon as a PvM/AoE mob killer and base gear & rune finder as intended. After all this is what the bowazon is best at…

I have created a smiter paladin for 2 days and have farmed all types of torches for less than a week.

“Uber Physical Bowazon doable or not?”

• It is doable but for me the time and the efforts are not worth it. :slight_smile:

Respect to everybody that have managed it though…

I agree, it’s technically do-able, but not worth it.