Throw barb improvement suggestions

Hello,

I wanted to throw some suggestions out there for the devs to help improve the gameplay of throw barbarian. As of right now it is fairly good but also very frustrating to play.

• Distance of thrown weapons should go at least as far as the edge of the screen (in every direction, including diagonally).
  • Width of the double throw projectiles should be slightly larger to assist with grouped mobs.
  • Lacerator weapon should have its chance to cause flee reduced to a nominal %, or removed entirely, or swapped to knockback.

Thank you

3 Likes

I play only Throwbarb these days. And I agree with you on all 3 points.

Distance of Javelins is great (double the distance of axes/knives). Distance of axes/knives should be to the end of screen at least.

Aiming with throwing is sometimes kinda odd. I feel like I aim with cursor at a monster and it is going like 1 cm above them not hitting them. Width of projectile could help.

Lacerator flee + amp dmg mechanic canceling each other is odd. It should be just amp dmg. Noone wants monsters to flee from you so you cant kill them - also a reason I would like Grimward flee to be removed.

Another points I would like to see:

• Safety javelins/blood axes crafted recipe not removing Ethereal mod when its made.
  • And also 6x Pskulls + rare ethereal item not removing Ethereal mod from it.

Bonuses:

• Larzuk quest giving just 1 and only 1 max socket to throwing weapons - so you can boost your weapon. Since there are no runewords for throwing weapons (and i like it that way), so you can at least put Shael to boost dmg in playthrough and endgame.
  • Add new Unique Balanced axe, Throwing knife, etc. that are missing.
  • Add new Set similar to Bulkathos? Dual throwing axes (so it also looks cool).

totally agreed. just found the attack range of throw barb very ridiculous near, while the amazon almost kill everything nearly outside of the screen instantly with lightning