The lobby "fix" confirmed what I suspected. This game is empty

As I suspected… Hardly no one is actually playing the game right now.

You can confirm it yourself , on hardcore, hardcore ladder normal there are zero games right now, zero in the whole world. And on regular ladder there are only about 30-40 games. Sometimes 50 if you’re lucky.

I always suspected this was true but the new lobby search system confirms it. You can search for baal for example and only 5-6 games popup. Search Chaos, only 1-3 games. Search for common items like anni or SOJ and only 3-4 games.

No one is really playing this game, they’re either all on Diablo 3 or on immortal now.
Blizzard has to do something to spice up this game and make it fresh again. New changes. Something to get people back playing it.

Tell me what you think about it, did you notice the game is empty?

6 Likes

This level of “emptiness” (which I don’t believe is only 40 games like you mentioned) has been around for the past decade plus. This is a 20+ year old game with a fresh pretty face, as was advertised all along. Noone in their right mind would have expected it do be any different in terms of player count, except at the launch and maybe ladder reset.

They also said that you will only see the best 40 or so games for your own location. But there are more than 40 games in the world. Just browsing trading and pvp communities you can see how much real action and player base there is, not by looking at an artificially limited game list.

2 Likes

There are games in softcore.

1 Like

In SC there is a lot of games.

1 Like

Try a peek time… its morning on a Thursday.

1 Like

I mean as expected for hardcore… It’s alway a minority of people that do play it lol

1 Like

As it was stated sc is not empty, this applies to HC only. Im sorry for that tho. I hope next ladder or next time forward in general with the lobby improvement HC will populate more

1 Like

Both you and god of magic need to read my post again.

I did check softcore and hardcore both… cmon now learn to read.

The majority of people playing the game are playing solo or private games. Also, of the public games being played, only the ones that show are the ones which aren’t full.

So, if you’re not seeing any public games and would like to play in a public game, why not set the stage and create a public game for others to join?

We’re also two months after the start of the ladder, a lot of people have moved on to other things. Most will be back at the start of the next ladder.

If Blizzard would crack down heavily on bot usage, I’m talking fast fast fast between detection and banning, it would slow down the proliferation of items flooding the ladder economy, slowing down people getting those precious shiny items they want, keeping them in the game longer to manually grind for them.

2 Likes

24 games in my HC hell list

Well there are players… all in solo games running pits/AT to show how “HC” they are.

this made me curious so i made a hc char for fun, i have 10 games in Ladder hc in normal rn, eu Server 5pm.

And people running 5 or more bots so they can sell items on eBay, etc.

1 Like

This.

20 characters.

Sorry, bud. Not many like masochistcore mode xD

Or they’ve switched to offline play entirely due to the character slot issue. Not gonna juggle character deletions constantly just to play ladder when I can play offline with no lag, a functional /players x command, and as many character slots as I need (I know it’s at least double that of online mode’s number of slots).

2 Likes

thats because blizzard cant program to save their lives. They dont deserve your money. Just quit like the rest of us

There are currently 58 NL Hell games on my list at 9AM PST, and if I do individual searches, I’ll find even more, what you talking about man?

There are also 42 Ladder Normal games on my normal list, there are PLENTY of people playing.

Where are you located? US West, US East, Australia?

The servers are not setup like that anymore, All the US regions are one. You can prove that by searching for games and you’ll see some which show the ping is bad.

This proves that no one is playing, it also proves that you’re seeing literally ALL of the games happening period.

I suspected this was the case for a long time but now this ping and showing us all the active games proves it.

1 Like

The games list ONLY shows u public games and games that are not full. Ur not going to see private games.

Theres way more games than ur thinking there is. Ur basing it off of ONLY games u can see. Thats not going to give u the true number of games actually on ladder.

I can create a baal run game in private and u wont see it or beable to search for it. Its not public.