The controller auto loot fix

it is EASIER to loot with mouse by left click spamming than pounding the A button or X depending on controller

What are smoking?

This has to be either trolling, or broski fears his controller support being removed from the game(which wont happen).

1 Like

Uhm, if you drop an item, any item, while others are standing close to you? I think most would consider that you discarded it?! As far as I’m concerned, if it’s on the ground, it’s free to who ever picks it up!

The other day while doing cows, someone dropped a sword, while in the middle of the battle, to pick up another item, guess his inventory was full? someone else picked it up and the guy was crying that someone stole his sword! Sorry, but not sorry, you drop something in the middle of a group of people, someone’s gonna pick it up!

he basically nailed it on the head.

This Is the problem at the moment. Being able to grab items before it hits the ground

A fix to this would be to add a tiny timer till you can pick things up, just a timer long enough to get the names show on the screen before you can actually loot. I don’t really care about loot when I play with others but I have many times noticed that loot just disappear from thin air before you even know what dropped, which is very unfair, especially if one of the super rare items would drop. To add so that item names need to be shown is not breaking the game because K&M can not even pick items up from thin air because there is nothing to click on.

Controller is mostly better. You can’t scroll the map, you have more difficulty doing targeted pickups (so in Hell cows where you aren’t going to spam the pickup button, you’re likely to lose drops to mouse players), and for some reason with controller, the interact button prioritizes interacting with summoned creatures over everything else… so if you have a bunch of summons around a TP or merchant, pressing interact will just make your character run to a summoned creature.

Do you really believe that? I mean, deep in your heart of hearts, that such a lopsided advantage is good gameplay?

you are missing the point, there is no other crap on the ground when baal dies

Do you only play with each other? Because obviously speed doesn’t matter then. This is for public games filled with 8 people who crowd around baal for the drops.

With the controller loot button you just stand next to baal and spam the button and you will ALWAYS get like 2-3 of the drops. It’s broken AF.

1 Like

Not only that but you also have to compete with other controller players, pickit, and PC players who have key bound controller pickup item key on their keyboards. It’s also funny that OP wants Blizzard to nerf one of the core functionalities of their game (controller support) instead of simply adding a option for personal loot so he can join those public games without controller being able to funnel, etc. :joy: :rofl:

twice i hear you say stuff like “how long you been playing for”
here’s an idea…
instead of going ad hominid
try making a REAL reason why we shouldnt have ploot
(PS, i been playing since diablo 1, pick on someone your own size)

When you plug in a controller the game let’s you pick up items via “x” or “a” depending on type of controller… All you have to do is plug in a fight stick turbo controller, map x to turbo and get all the loot. (Confirmed working)

Best part about d2r, if you click the mouse button it will automatically switch to keyboard and mouse… Then when it’s about time Baal or diablo die. Walk between their legs… Hold down turbo… Watch as all the items pop in your inventory. Players have said they don’t even see the items names on their screens LOL…

All mouse and keyboard players are at a disadvantage…

Wait a minnute can i use a controller on the pc version??

Yes you can.
/20char

Yes you can…
You can even use three controllers plugged in at the same time.

Analog for movement
Fight stick turbo button for looting bosses
And mouse and keyboard for regular play

If you don’t got those three controllers plugged in from the start. You’re not playing D2R properly.

The game will automatically switch between controllers as you input commands…
What a wonderful way to play diablo

I still get some loot from Diablo/Baalruns. Just go close enough, hold Alt and spam your mouse button. :smiley: Actually looted Giant Skull whatever and Vipermagi this way.

That’s when the turbo users try to keep you guys motivated. It’s called giving the scrubs some scraps… Don’t be fooled. Controller on d2 is a biggg issue…

We need a fix asap.

I haven’t seen any proof of this “auto loot” function. I’d expect Blizzard to confirm it is even possible.

And what do you mean “giving scraps”? As far as I know, there is no loot filtering system. It’s a free for all. You can pick the items when the text appears, works on keyboard+mouse as well. You’re just slow.

A fix without nerfing the game that could potentially anger a whole group of controller players and those who use the cross-platform system who go from Console to PC is to simply add an optional system for personal loot so they cannot steal items any longer in those games that you choose to join that has the option enabled.

I don’t know how they going to fix this issue. Maybe a loot lottery after boss for random distribution? I don’t know

1 Like

You don’t need proof buddy. Plug in a fight stick. We all believers now. Who do you think stole ur shako morbus? Rofl… This guy asking for prooof… Everyone’s already on their knees praying to Baal holding down turbo button.