The Amazon's Avoid skill can cause her to get stuck in narrow areas

Trying out “IthIsTheNewIst” on the PTR, running Chaos Sanctuary when the following occured:

1. Popped west seals, spawning Grand Vizier
  2. Attacked them with Freezing Arrow on right click
  3. Some of them show those creeping ground projectiles at me
  4. I heard the Amazon Avoid “dodge” sound, and suddenly I was stuck

I was not recording at the time, but recorded a short clip of the after effects: I appear to be stuck near the seal, and cannot use any abilities or items on right click. Making town portals or dropping potions shows that my “position” is southeast of where my character appears to be.

Only fix was leaving the game.

interesting i have seen a similar bug before that’s exists in d2 since as long as i can remebr, where the game displays your character is in a different location preventing you from interacting with objects or npc’s,and then it can drop a potion to find out where u actually are.

but usually u can fix that by simply walking back to your potion area, (i always assumed it was because your model got stuck on something)
this is a new variation i haven’t see before, not being able to move at all

i would most definitely say that you dropping the potion and it showing up in a different location than u is going to help them a LOT in trying to find the error. ( i troubleshoot for my job… well when we have parts and i can do my normal job >.>, thanks pandemic supply chain issue)

so good job doing that in your video

I can confirm that this stuck bug exists. It happend to me as well, in the same place, also while playing amazon.

Getting hit can “unstuck”. This is a issue on live servers as well. Only solutions are: getting hit or leaving the room.

Also, legacy from d2.

That’s why most folks avoid using avoid skill.

Some other situations you can run back, but the common it’s being stucked in place after a hit.

I have this issue as well, although it’s not always in the same place. When my Amazon dodges excessively, she gets stuck and is unable to move until I save and exit. Even getting hit doesn’t solve the issue. I hit “w” for weapon switch, when nothing is around, at that point she does the dodge animation without being attacked.