Thank you for the wide screen fix

PRAISE VICARIOUS VISIONS.

I’m glad the devs realized seeing from the rogue encampment to the cold plains was a problem.

THANK YOU.

This is not a good fix, it will never be a good fix. You’re going to put off a good portion of gamers with this. No one wants to play with crapbars on the sides of their screens.

They could’ve easily had just made these bars appear if you enabled PVP.

I agree, the fix is welcome but they need to do it better. I think a fog of war was suggested for PVP only instead of black bars, etc. A lot of people are really mad about it on Reddit.

It has to be this way for more reasons than pvp. It gives you an advantage on item drops as well.

Best solution would be to have a fog of war where the terrain is visible but monsters/ players are not. Or simply enable wide-screen for solo only.

No offence but there isn’t a lot of ultrawide screen users, less than 10% if you look at Steam data.

Ah yes the level headed folks at reddit who don’t get up in arms over everything.

Ultrawide for single player only, please.

This is ridiculous change. Bug reported it as a bug. Operating under assumption this was a bug it is such a horrendous change. No one actually cares about PVP.

Everyone calm down on these black bar threads.

The likelyhood is that its just disabled for the Beta to mitigate any added stress to the servers.

Until there is any word to the contrary, lets all just relax and believe that its still a thing for 1.0

I’m done at this point I just want a refund

this is 2 steps backwards… it worked just fine in the alpha, why you changed it?

And even the way they handle it is not good. The fade is not good at all, it feels like my eyes are not properly open by looking at the screen… and even the gui elements (inventar etc) do not use the “free” space, its set as 16:9 as well…

please change thats, thats not good at all…

“Worked just fine” God no, it didn’t. At all. There are numerous threads documenting, in detail, how broken it is. There’s a really common theme among people supporting Ultrawides - none of you have any idea what you’re talking about. You’d have the game completely broken in the technical sense just so your 40 hours could be a little more “immersive”… I cant stand you guys lol.

I can’t stand guys like you. Buy a 21:9 monitor and be happy.

The difference is guys like me understand the game deeply in a technical sense and thus understand how game breaking ultrawides can be.

People like you speak out of a position of not knowing, cry loudly. And if you had it your way, you would turn this game into pure trash just so you can play a bit more comfortably in the short term.

PVP helped keep diablo 2 alive for so long. You obviously don’t know what you’re talking about.

i refunded the game because of it and a few other reasons.

Buddy, you don’t know me, but as you seem like a guy who plays diablo 2 for the last 20 years, it come as a shock to you, that Diablo 2 could have used a few tweaks years ago. I played the game over 12 years before I finally left it behind because it was and is outdated in many ways. I know that you are talking about Skill range and pickup range, but as this game has had problems with duping, boting pickit and other even more gamebreaking things, widescreen support is the least issue.

Go play the original D2, without any new features.
Have fun and dont be so mad, it’s not good for you

Game is broken if spell cast range is more than the vision range of a 16:9 (even for more than 4:3 it is not working correctly, but that is a small issue), both for pvp and pvm. you are not supposed to go from kurast docks to travincal in 3 teleport clicks, you know?

Ultra Widescreen gives a player a distinct gameplay advantage over other players who don’t have ultra Widescreen in both pvp and pvm.
So it’s fair that ultra Widescreen players can cheese the game mechanics, eyeball items before anyone else can, and have a competitive edge from speed running in ways the game never intended.
“Oh so just buy a new monitor” yeah okay you got hundreds of dollars to give me to do that?

In other words, all the ultra Widescreen boys want to control the game economy by being able to cheese the game faster and better than everyone else.

Very disappointing to see those black bars, Odyssey G9 5120 x 1440 and those giant black bars really do get in the way of enyoing the game like I thought I would. I hope they will fix that on the launch date or I will refund my preorder for sure… Played D2 like 15 years btw, hardcore fan, veteran, and I am really looking forward to this remaster…