Terror Zones & suggestions to liven things up on itemization

Been lurking for quite a while.

While I feel Terror Zones are a good thing, I’ve noticed that a lot of the community felt it doesn’t have enough impact.

While some QoL things can be made, I want to be realistic and constructive with some easy things that can be done on the dev team’s part. Remember they’re working in an existing framework, Loot filters & stackable runes/gems are likely not feasible, especially with each item having a unique item ID assigned internally on the server side, an artifact carried over from Legacy (see rust storm). It would be nice to have, but likely will not happen. If it does end up happening, then it will make the problem of duping that much worse (while it is low to my knowledge).

Overall, gauging community sentiment, higher monster & unique density while the zones are active would be welcome at least that’s what I’ve been seeing while lurking. Personally as far as QoL - a higher drop rate on runes would be very welcome. Highest rune in solo that I’ve found is a Jah and skills like Weaken/conviction affecting overall damage/defense after the off-hand ED% is applied. /rant

That being said, what I have NOT seen discussed is new & expanded magic affixes for magic & rare items to compete with Rune Words & Uniques. Looking at you +20% fcr on orbs/wands.

TL;DR: Add new & expand existing magic mods to compete with Uniques & Rune Words.

It can be relatively simple to do too, introducing mods like DR%, +% elemental damage/-% resist, oskills, CB/OW/DS as affixes. They would not even have to create new strings for them in the tbl files, all they would need to do is use the existing strings and use new groups to add on the new affixes. Additionally expanding existing affixes (such as the desperately needed FCR going ABOVE 20%).

What would be crucial would be adding availability of some of these mods on Jewels (magic or rare) so they can be used in something like a Circlet. A Jewel with +to skill tabs & +1 to teleport oskill, or +to skills & FCR would be extremely valuable or how about +40% FCR on a sorceress orb with +5 to blizzard overall without the sockets or +60% fhr on armor?

These would see use, and could breathe some new life on some of the other items in the game. Want to maximize your damage? Find a +30% cold skills damage with +3 to cold skills orb with 2 socks, put in a pair of jewels with +1 to cold skills & 15% fcr or even more cold skill damage, and tada a magic stick that has (with the correct mods) +5 to cold skills and +3 to blizzard and +40% cold skill damage or +30% fcr, or how about body armor that has +2 to class skills, and other good mods?

Many of the higher-end mods can require ilevel 90+ to spawn, which will make Terror Zones that much more valuable as a farming tool. How often do you find a Rare item? Quite often, especially with trash mods, it’s quite rare to find gg items, but that’s the point.

Thoughts?

Why would you want such op jewels?

I don’t see a point in your post that improves the game.

Higher density in the current state of terror zones would render any other content more useless. Unless they cap the lvl in tz it’s a bad idea

Address the imbalance between Faster Cast on rare items and rune words was one of the suggestions I gave as a small change for the new patch.

However, the problem is not with Wand or Orbs. A rare Orb is still usually best in slot for a Sorceress, maximizing damage even above and beyond a Heart of the Oak.

The real problem is with Staves, since they are two handed and so mean giving up Spirit. That’s were additional higher affixes for Faster Cast need to be limited to.

Also, +1 Teleport O-Skill on a Jewel? I think not.

this is so wrong in so many ways

the way to make magics/rares competitive is not increasing the affix pool, but decreasing it