Terror Zones ladder only?

did they not learn that NOBODY likes “Ladder” gated bull $hit.
Why do you think everyone was JUMPING FOR JOY when they said all “legacy ladder only stuff” will forever be unlocked to non ladder. So everyone can make griefs, infinity, faiths, insights, etc on their time , no rush to have to make “gated” content.
Then ofc they turn around and add more ladder only garbage and people have to wait till the ladder ends to beable to try them out if they are REGULAR working people who dont have time to spend starting over a fresh account JUST to get the stupid ladder gated stuff…
and now they want to GATE stuff AGAIN ??? Let Terror Zones be Non Ladder AND Ladder. So non ladder fellas can enjoy it while those who do want to play ladder … can do their ladder stuff. Ladder should only be for no lifers who dont have a job and can play 24/7 where they can start fresh. Reason why alot of people enjoy NL because they have jobs and a life … and cant play this game 24/7 to beable to get a couple Ber and Jahs.
Dont make the mistake by turning D2R into D3 with seasonal only BS. People are forced to play Seasons to get to experience the fun stuff. They want to force people to play a mode to “keep it fresh” but really … the whole point of Diablo 2 is to loot hunt… and you can forever be on a loot hunt even on Non Ladder. Its kinda why so many people end up just playing single player because they dont have to restart and loose their progress… and they can keep all their hard earned items they have farmed over the years (dont think the devs realize how taxing and impossible it is to try getting multiple jah and bers and CTA’s EVERY 3-4 months just for Ladder … thats impossible for a regular working adult with adult duties lol) D3 season … items rain from the sky so this isnt the same for D2R … one doesnt get 30x Jah and Ber’s in 2 hours… maybe because there arent those “greater rifts” and “colorful treasure goblins” in d2r #sarcasm

Leave D2R like D2 is … and also stop trying to nerf stuff too lol. You guys already messed up alot of things like 2handed Barb builds sucks now for WW (with the ias change) cause they are too slow. And sounds like you want to mess up hammerdins now too (when you guys said you wouldnt touch and change the Core original Builds of what made D2 great.) if you have to “change” stuff … just buff, and not nerf. There are many easy solutions to up damage on some builds to put them on par wth Infinity Lightning sorc/Javazon, hammerdins, etc. But im not gonna go over that in this post because this post is suppose to be about Terror Zones and how they should be available for both Non ladder and Ladder…
Anyways …
If you REALLY want to make the Terror Zones challenging (which is what their argument is right???) , I’d suggest you guys alter those game files and make EVERY monster an Act Boss or Super Boss (uber diablo, uber baal, etc) but just make them drop regular loot and not anni/torches. Cause trying to farm a P8 area thats just FILLED with Uber diablos and Baals or mephs, etc … that actually would be a challenge for even the best geared chars if you get mobbed by them. I would like to see a squishy lightning sorc with infinity try to tank a screen filled with Uber Meph, baal, dclone, and whatever act bosses (and multiple copies of them all… so like 30-40+ mobs on the screen).
This already exists on a single player mod called Boss mod which turns all enemies into the act bosses or super uniques so you can get mobbed by like 30x Dclones at once lol.

8 Likes

same bro. i leveled my barb religiously to 98 from 97 and it took a straight week just for 1 level 8+ hours a day

not to mention, there’s almost 100 players that have hit 99 on HC … there seems to be enough people still doing it that it isn’t THAT hard.

For Ladder there is already someone from Blizzard who dresses up as a random user called Heidi Plays Diablo, and brings out Diablo Clon almost daily, only with this the ladder is atractive.

Can you count? the ladder started end of april.

end of april, may, june july august sept (almost mid sept now, no sign of reset, PTR still on , estimate next week? end of sept?) how many is this? do i miss a name of months here? can you count?

That’s four months plus two weeks not six months.

1 Like

you are right i am sorry, got emotional

2 Likes

im disappointed too. END GAME CONTENT

1 Like

WHEN will the new ladder season begin? I want to start playing a new character … not knowing the exact date is TOTAL BS …

1 Like

agreed it should be non-ladder

2 Likes

Bro i just want to level my non-ladders chars to 99 and have some fun without the need to leveling and getting gear but they just cant let us…

1 Like

So is this their final statement? No TZ in NL? I think they are pushing towards the same direction as with D3. Players shall go for Ladder/Seasons. Sad to see that Blizzard is killing Diablo. I got no hope left for D4.

1 Like

I think that it’s obvious new features are going to be Ladder only when introduced. That’s been D2 tradition for a long time.

The real question is if the new feature becomes non-ladder after the first ladder season. That’s also D2 tradition.

So I think Terror Zones being ladder only for season 2 is only to be expected. There is a real decent chance they will become non-ladder in season 3 though.

yea i wont even give d4 a chance bro

ya only thing is they said patch 2.5 would be applied to the live severs after PTR and a week or two after that we get ladder reset.

so there will be TZ on live servers soon, before S2 starts…

to me this new TZ and other changes will come to D2 ( ladder and non ladder ) next week.

1 Like

wrong. tzs will be ladder only.

proof

1 Like

So if want to hit 99 and wont make it before s2 ends, is over. Sad.

Would be very strange if they gave access to TZs for 1-2 weeks to S1 players/ characters and then take it away. Pretty sure TZs will be NL too

he was talking about how it wont be on SP at first, and probably ment to say that TZ is online only coming out on S2.
if TZ is not on LN then what LN will be running a different patch? if its not Automaticaly put on NL it will most likly come to NL soon after.
they are also putting this on SP soon after S2 Ladder, idk why they would put TZ in SP and Ladder but not non ladder.

1 Like