Terror zones and you …

their objective with TZs is, not only, to make the whole game farmable/worth

letting players do meta map picking completely kill this

6 Likes

Op suggestion would make it better than its current state.

2 Likes

better for meta farm? sure

better for zone diversity? i dont think so

2 Likes

Zone diversity in my opinion is not the goal of this patch content. It’s to help support the leveling process at the highest level.

Even if it wasn’t the intention, zone diversity is the best thing about TZ right now, in my opinion.

8 Likes

Terror Zones being random keeps the game fresh. Sure, being able to control where terror zones are would provide the best possible gains, but it would become stale after a while.

@Shawmeck mentioned a good point about terror zones being the same for everyone in a region, having a concern that masses of people may flood the NA/EU/ASIA servers just because they are running an ideal terror zone area, which could cause a surge in activity, potentially overloading the region. To stop this from happening, I’m wondering if they should make Terror Zones random per account.

Another big benefit of making them random per account would be that it would promote group play… If friend #3 has an ideal terror zone and the other friends don’t, they could join friend #3’s game and run it together.

5 Likes

We also want the journey to level 99 to be accessible to a larger population of players, full of variety, and most importantly, challenging—this is where Terror Zones come in.

teleing while playing in another realm is a big no no but i can see some doing it

1 Like

In my opinion its not. Websites will post live updates, people will eventually figure out the algorithm for which zone will pawn next, perhaps even be able to manipulate it. Its the nature of playerbase who want to optimize thier time.

For me the randomness is the worst part, having to wait for a good zone just to play is not fun for me. Realm hopping just to play in a good zone can also cause server lag for players who may not be interested in tz.

Its all about the gains :muscle:

These are just my opinions.

Diversification/optimization… Build a character or even multiple characters capable of running a large number of Terror Zone areas… Sure the single character won’t be super efficient for any specific areas, but it will make up the time spent waiting/hunting for an ideal terror zone. :smiley:

:muscle: :man_lifting_weights:

1 Like

We finally agree friend

First time I saw the list and I saw stuff like catacomb, durence, chaos

I was like… these guys literally have no idea what they are doing

Hence why it makes more sense why I claim they copy pasted my suggestion

They applied it like they don’t know the foundations and the mechanics that lead to there

The drop of the artifact to make a zone terrorized would be random. It would keep the game fresh.

Let’s take a step back and look at the bigger picture. Most of our time spent in our season journey may well be spent before level 95 ish for most characters. That means that unless you get a GG terror zone, you are better of farming tc 85 areas with higher density for both XP and drop rates.

I can appreciate the need for randomness an excitement but it should be done without the need to to compete with current meta zones. Otherwise it just doesn’t make any sense for me especially as a melee character to engage in these terror zones.

Understood. Melee builds are at quite a disadvantage versus ranged/casters, I will agree. Many others do as well, with all of the requests to buff melee classes.

Suddenly I start thinking of a “rage” mechanic for melee builds… Similar to Frenzy, but works for all melee attacks for ALL classes, even the basic attack gets it. Gain a small damage/attackspeed/attackrating boost as you chain through enemies, which quickly fades away if you stop attacking… I dunno… :man_shrugging:

These two thoughts typed out back-to-back made me laugh :laughing:

3 Likes

but you are FORCED to play a certain area for an hour and then just lazily switch to the next, it’s actually so lazy and will be soooo boring. you think they are adding diversity but they’re just adding places you HAVE TO GO TO, to be efficient.

i think all zones should have the chances to be terrorized, and you just have to clear the champ packs in it and a new terror zone will spawn. that way you don’t have to make new games contantly as you’re clearing the area EVERY 5 minutes at least… like common, who thought this was a good idea…

and who continue to thinks that’s a good idea. just slamming an area for an hour, and then SWITCH. oh, i can feel how diverse it is already /facepalm.

please switch up how terror zones spawn, this is going to be so boring, like even worse than just slamming cbaals.

IB4 D3 Kill Streak correlation is brought up :upside_down_face:

1 Like

They are trying to make all zones playable instead of players STILL running only cows and chaos

The fact of the matter is the grind to 99 is better with terror zones than without.

2 Likes

What are you talking about? You are not forced, you can play any other lvl 85 area and it will be the same loot wise.

so you’re either, forced to do the same old thing or forced to play whatever zone is terrorized, if you ask me, the diversity they are looking for IS NOT HERE. you see my point already… your option is to… go play the game as normal??

why not take some of the ideas i just spouted, that are insanely more intuitive than what we’ve been offered… please… don’t do this to me.

I don’t really notice the terror zones that much - they can institute them if they want, I will neither seek them out nor avoid them.
Nothing in this patch really seems to change much of anything that’s relevant to me.