Teleport needs rework

Hey this time around i have played mostly assassin, sorc, druid and some paladin. But i end up going back to sorc everytime i play Diablo 2 which at this point makes me loose all interest in playing Diablo 2 once again,
because there is very little reason to play anything but sorc. Tp + static field
Starv for Enigma once again so i can have sorc power on all classes? What a massive fail in terms of designe and class identity.

Anyways this loop only brings me back to where i started, why do that when i can just play sorc.
When playing anything but sorc i feel like Diablo 2 is an actual game for me to beat.
Reworking teleport overall would free up class diversity and class identity as i said.
Im sure blizzard will make some changes to teleport at some point, but i hope its sooner rather than later… they only have to get the balding metawashed veterans at ease with small steady changes over a long periode of time so they can handle impactfull changes in the long run.

4 Likes

in heroes of the storm her teleport is super nerfed. Lol - distance is shortened, has a timer before each teleport, and mana cost is absurd.

1 Like

Oh shocking… another nerf teleport post. It’s like we haven’t seen one yet this week.

Nothing to see here… report and move along.

8 Likes

Rework implies its not working as intended… Last I checked, Teleport is working as intended.

9 Likes

Li Ming is the d3 wizard not d2 sorc

3 Likes

I believe that bots are causing chaos on d2jsp pumping cheap gear into the market. There must be many players who bet small fortunes on d2jsp and are now losing big time. So they are calling for teleport to be nerfed to try and stop the bots. These threads are all over these forums asking for teleport to be nerfed…

I agree. Teleport clearly needs a rework. I propose to fix this by adding 50FCR to enigma so teleporting feels smoother.

It’s not

It’s meant as an evading and short travel skill

Therefor it’s not meant as a spammable long distance travelling skill

Though not suitable for larger distances, a Sorceress can make good use of this spell for evading capture, or to reach otherwise inac- cessible areas.

Source: the freaking original game manual lol

1 Like

I agree so much with this. Has been an issue for me lately too. I want to farm as other classes but it is so much slower to the point that I feel like I’m wasting time. If speed wasn’t enough, my sorc is also magic find geared.

2 Likes

The day they touch teleport i quit forever.

3 Likes

I think teleport for Sorcs is just fine. However, if they added a “teleport lite” skill for Enigma/amulets/staves, etc., one with a one-second cool down, I’d be fine with that.

When Sorcs use the skill, you’d expect they’d be experts with it. When an amateur (looking at you Pallys) uses a similar skill, you’d expect they’d do so in an amateur fashion…

And I make sorc, hdin and smiter first and later I play classes “for fun”. This season it’s Summon Druid and Singer Barb. Your problem with teleport is your problem. I never even go for Enigme on my characters. Let me guess… D3 player xD

1 Like

By saying “Teleport needs nerfing” the problem is that many players (or most players?) does not like killing trash and they mostly just want an efficient way to be able to go from point A to point B (from Town to Bosses, usually).

By nerfing Teleport you effectively force everyone to kill the trash, thus slowing down the rate of finding loot that mostly dropped by bosses. And even in maps like the Cows, you just slow down all players by much.

While I agree that this should be done THEORETICALLY to even out the mobility between Sorc and everyone else, I am not sure what would be the actual effect PRACTICALLY. Would not that mean the game becomes a bit boring? After all killing just trash for basically potions and 300 golds is fun when you try out a new build (like for me when I tried the new fire elementalist druid), but after a week or so I also went back to Sorc as it is just a billion times more effective. Nerfing Teleport should - I think - also mean to improve the overall gameplay factor somehow (better drops for trash mobs, better AI for trash mobs, etc.). This is the main reason I would not touch Teleport.

Many says “just use Enigma”. That also ends up to be a content skipper and not everyone can afford an enigma. Not everyone is lucky, not everyone trades and not everyone plays the game 24/7. Since D2R launch I have found a Vex, an Ist, few Mals, Ums, Puls and like 6-8 Lems. Item-wise my best found was a kinda low-mid Griffon. But mainly because I tested different builds and did not focus on finding things. However, for the last 2 weeks since I started playing for finding endgame loot I immediately switched back to Sorc for obvious reasons. :slight_smile:

That’s why nerfing teleport and Buffing areas are not mutually exclusive

Make it fun and interesting to clear trash mobs and you’ll lessen the need for teleport

But right now Mf is all about bosses and very few far away areas that require teleport to get

This is a major bonus from my endgame mechanic

It makes people want to kill trash mobs and lots of them

Says who? You and a very loud and annoying minority making crap up for their own trolling pleasure?
Go away. It is working as intended and can be used however a player sees fit.

1 Like

I agree with the op, Teleport should auto cast your dominate skill upon use! We need this!

1 Like

Funny how you quote only the part where it looks like my opinion but leave out the freaking quote from the game manual haha

It’s true, this is why 80% of people start each season as a Sorc. The only other real reason to start as something else is if you have 10k FG saved up on JSP to buy Enigma on week 1 of the season. Teleport allows the Sorc to progress lightyears faster in both storyline and end-game progression than any other class in the game in the early season (till people get Enigma).

Teleport should have 5-10 charges and get 1 charge refilled every time you kill a monster or every 3 seconds. This would still allow you to move pretty quickly but you would have to…you know…stop and play the game.

Also, it would be just fine if they would buff or add mobility skills to other classes.

Hey village clown since when is teleporting a sceeen away considered long distance? It IS an evading skill that goes a short distance smh… otherwise what are waypoints, extremely long distances? Go play PoE noob

Yeah isnt it annoying when someone cherry picks quotes for their own narrative? :smiley:

Let me take a stab then…

“Larger distances” in the manual is referring to the limited distance every cast, not overall distance if you spam it, as players have strategized ways to max mana and mana regen to sustain this method.
Has nothing to do with the skill being intended only to leap over a wall, or lava pit, then continue to walk around.

The quote also says “a Sorceress can make good use of this spell for evading capture” sounds like a player can use the spell however they see fit, short or long distances, to evade capture.

Working as INTENDED.

1 Like