(switch) refuses to connect to server for the last 3 days

lets get this out of the way first went through alot of effort to submit a web ticket that wouldn’t go through for no reason I followed the guidelines to a T.

I have no issue logging into d2R on my computer and my other switch console but my wife switch an error keeps popping up saying ‘An Issue occurred while communicating with the game servers. Please Check that you are connected to the internet and try again.’

I have no issues connecting to the internet or playing any other online games with said console or any of my other consoles. tried resetting the router, and also managed to run a traceroute on the switch itself (pain in the butt wish I could share the screenshot here) and I’m definitely on that specific console unable to connect to blizzards servers.

Can a brother get a helping hand please.
This all being said I seldom have time as a dad to play on my PC and my one switch console that works only works if plugged into power, these days I can only play If the consoles as mobile as my kid keeps me.

thanks for any help anyone can give in advance,
cheers!
Ryan

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat. As soon as I downloaded the recent patch, the game wouldn’t let me go online. Works perfectly fine on PC for me as well. I just want to play Diablo in bed :frowning:

day 4 of having this issue go unresolved.

Ya this happened to me right after the latest update. I was able to connect to battle.net with no problem before the update. Now i havent been able to connect at all and not even once. I’ve tried power cycling, powering off my switch, deleting and reinstalling D2R but nothing seems to fix it. Its only D2R that is having this trouble. Every other online game plays smoothly. I need this fixed.

On the opening screen it says i have 1.3.70436 test-

Wouldn’t it just be nice for them to acknowledge it and let us know they are working on it…. Almost a week now and haven’t been able to play at all.

they have completely ignored people on consoles as far as I can see for any issues post the recent patch. some kind of acknowledgment at least would be nice.

Any luck at all in connecting?

even post 2.5 update I havent had any luck and blizzard has been less then helpful

Try posting in console technical support. I seen blizzard reply on there.

1 Like

I think I found a solution. Some one posted this in a different thread. They were having the exact same issues as us. They simply changed the calendar date to be the accurate date and time. I know mine is not accurate becauae of a hack that i used in pokemon shield. So i will try this and later post my results. Lol i havent been able to play D2 since July. If this fixes it im gonna slap myself.

OMG it worked and i have the mark on my face to prove it. Lol. So just synchronize your switch’s calander to the internet time and you’re in business.