Swapped to orb/fireball. SO MUCH FUN

I generally play alone and was getting frustrated running a blizz sorc due to the many cold immunes. I made the switch to orb/fireball and am having a freaking blast. I was skeptical at first but this build is so much more fun. I love the speed of it. Teleporting around and blasting groups in the face and moving on to the next. I have yet to run into an area I cannot clear and I would say my gear is semi-budget still.

So for all you worried about going hybrid build and if you like to run solo games, this one is absolutely viable.

Happy gaming my nerds!

4 Likes

Yep, Frozen Orb/Fireball is a solid dual element build! I’ve ran it many times and always had little issue progressing with it. Once you get full Tals and a few fire facets, you can convert over to MeteOrb and she becomes a meteor commanding beast!

I’ve been running Nova/Hydra this ladder, which is very fun as well! It slows to a crawl in Act 4 due to the high fire/lightning resistances though… Nova is BACK!!! Plus full screen static is awesome! Plus the hydras, those awesome looking hydras… Are actually useful now! :smiley:

1 Like

Classically called Meteorb, but yeah fireball is used far more often than Meteor it should be called OrBall or something, lol.

2 Likes

I too find it much more fun than blizzard but you will probably hit The Wall in the mid-to-later acts of Hell. It’s good to farm the first couple acts but it can’t manage chaos/baal runs or even cows in reasonable speeds.

which mode/act are you up to?

You are correct. Chaos and baal runs are kind of rough but everything else is still fine in Act 4 and 5. Boss killing is a tad slower than if I was blizz still though

Good for you. I have played FO/FB Sorcs for years. They are more versatile and not as singular as a lot of others builds.

Get an 2 Freezy merc iwth insight at first for mana. Later go with something with gusto that’s cheap, like obedience. Or go with the Act 5 merc. They can be fun.