Stop trying to fix the game based off of noob responses to PTR

Nobody asked for TZ, though overall I don’t think they’re a terrible idea.
There are a million QoL updates that people are actually asking for that you should be focusing on instead.
The new charm might work out, but you could have just balanced the classes rather than attempt finding a shortcut through these charms. Now classes that were weak before are still weak with the exception of Cold Sorc in the late game. Hdin/Light/Java still will dominate, the only thing you did was make it so weaker classes could slowly trudge along against immunes if they have the charm on.
The charm only being able to be farmed in TZ is also a weak mechanic. You need the charm with certain builds, to farm TZ, but you can’t farm for one unless you get a lucky roll on a TZ for an hour, and then you have to get lucky enough to find one, and then you have to get lucky enough that it rolls how you need it to roll.
Also Magic + Physical have much more limited options of using these charms properly.

You should have fixed immunities long ago and made them evenly spread. TZ will still work fine if different areas largely focus on 1-2 immunities max. And then every damage type needs a way to create their own version of infinity to break immunes. Then beyond that they all need a way to further lower those immunities resistances. Also all types of damage deserve their own type of infinity involving late game runes or extreme rarity. Allowing certain classes to breeze through all content because of one unique charm isn’t great balancing if other classes are still left way behind.

Overall none of this would even be an issue if you didn’t focus on these Noob’s responses to TZ. Yes Hdin has been OP for years. You could have buffed the map against them. You could have buffed the weaker characters and/or gave them better options. Now all of a sudden you’re attempting to rush out a weird fix that won’t work as intended and will just create further disparity between the different builds. You should try and focus on actually buffing classes that need it and figure out why they need it.

6 Likes

Working as intended… :rofl:

They also didn’t think through the consequences of the different penalties. Lightning damage is the biggest threat in HC. Especially since they still haven’t fixed the invisible charged bolts off MSLE mobs.

Melee get a marginal 5% boost over just using amp/decrep/grim ward at a massive cost to survival…

For magic immunes, there is no way to build back the - 50% Magic Resistance through gear. Furthermore, most of the monsters that are Magic Immune don’t actually do magic damage so the debuff is trivial at best when the charm is actually need/utilized. There is no way to reduce magic resistance lower than 95% either so in reality it is virtually useless.

2 Likes

There responses are 100% on point and true.

You CAN deal with the lightning damage in HC - you’ll just need like 2x +30% lightning GCs and some SCs as well (weaking your character in other ways).

I actually did just try a hdin run. Baal wave 2 got moped up pretty easily.

But they just don’t understand. Not only do they need to realize they’re incapable of coming up with good idea, but there are countless forums of players who have good ideas. They have this ego like they actually know anything about the game which is kind of funny. Same way when they went on llamas stream and were laughing at ideas people submitted for the QnA. They laugh at what the majority of the actual players want, and then they come up with TZ and this charm. Two things nobody asked for?

I’m not even saying that TZ or being able to break immunities shouldn’t be in the game, but they don’t know how to implement those concepts at all and neither were a priority of the userbase. They only started down this route because a bunch of noobs finally played a late game character and decided it was too easy on P1 PTR lmfao.

3 Likes

Is this forum full of jsp users and Ebay sellers? Asking for a friend.

I have played this game off and on since vanilla release. Yes, I’ve taken years long breaks but always came back for spurts. I’ve always played online so I’ve never had access to /players X command or static maps. In all my years and probably leveling 20+ toons into the 90’s and another 30+ into the 80’s I have never found better than a SUR rune.

All this QQ from min maxers playing OP meta builds for 10 hours a day is getting nauseating.

So you basically want to make the game too easy for everyone else, so that you can level to 90 once every 6 months?

1 Like

The reason you’ve never found better than sur is on you bud. I’m sorry we can’t rush you to the end of pokemon yellow too.

1 Like

LOL OMG dude.

The reason is

#1 RNG is RNG
#2 I have a life
#3 I refuse to play meta builds over and over
#4 I play SSF and occasionally with friends (thus the online)
#5 I don’t trade because I don’t trust the source (ebay, jsp, bot)
#6 I play for fun, not min max OCD

This isn’t a job for me. I have one of those in the real world. Why shouldn’t I be afforded the same play experience as a fire sorc that a hammerdin has had over the past decade.

Stop OCD’ing about a game and have fun… Unless of course this is a source of income? Then all is crystal.

You can always go back to old school D2. Those servers are still up. D2R was a money grab at nostalgia. Those of us who played 22 years ago are in our late 30’s, 40’s, 50’s and 60’s with real lives. This TZ+ sundered charms outrage is laughable. I welcome the change to a stagnant game lost in time.

Yeah but you wouldn’t be mad if you weren’t global elite in CSGO if you never played and only used meme weapons right?

Like sure if you don’t have time everyone gets it, but then whats the point in playing if everything is given to you?

Not that I think TZ is bad the charms might be.

1 Like

cant agree more. they are just so lazy.

1 Like