Still no solution to "Your character is already in a game" issue?

multiple reasons
could be something with the shared stash
or because you have a char stuck no other connection is allowed

So you want them to repeat an activity that caused more database issues leading to more locked chars?

It did not work well yesterday and made things worse. Why do that again?

I don’t see what streamers have to do with any of it.

Sad but true. The streamers get massive favoritism.

5 Likes

Hey everyone - just to add something here,:

having the same error message since I tried to create a game (while sever issues?) like few hours ago after I could play the rest of the day without any issue.

@MissCheetah,

Something else I’ve discovered while my Level 56 Barb is unplayable. Created a new Level 1 Sorc, tried to join a lobby game “Join Failed” error. Not sure why. Even trying to create a game, I ended up with a “black loading screen” with just music and never got in my created game. Not sure why a newly created character would have this issue. Possible account related with the Barb issue?

No. I asked that hours ago. Players who have issues do not need to do anything at this time. I also asked if you needed to stay offline or anything and was told no.

IF that guidance changes, they will post it somewhere I am sure. I will keep an eye out for it.

1 Like

This database issue locking characters doesn’t make sense though because you can create a brand new character and still not be able to create games. The lock is account wide meaning the entire account is flagged to prevent any action besides lobbies. Instead of character database they should probably be stating entire accounts being locked.

Anyways there’s no reason the servers should be up with a problem like this seeing as people play games to compete. There’s no competition if more than half your players cannot even host a game or join a public. Right now basically some people are getting what they paid for while others are essentially left in limbo with little communication. This is not the way to operate.

Take the servers down, give an estimate time and earliest availability. Don’t allow some to play while others can’t it’s just going to enrage customers.

7 Likes

Can confirm from my side. No online char works for me.

Either black screen on game create in EU Servers or login failed on Asia/US
Don’t ask me why it’s different

I don’t know, but that seems to be addressed separately in the info post they just put up. Related maybe, but not exactly the same. It would have the same error if they were exactly the same.

For what? They have the same issues as everyone else. Restarting is what caused the database issues. They are not holding off restarting for “streamers”. They need to fix the database.

How do you know our players are locked? I can still get into the lobby and talk to people, When I try to join a game it says I am already in a game… Join failed. They haven’t been clear that locked out equates to that issue. It’s pretty confusing, the message. It is a clear issue everyone is having yet there are no words in the statement that directly reference, “Character already in a game on the server”.

3 Likes

My “main” toon is locked and can’t play online with any other new I just create. All my friends list (no excepetions) are happily playing their games…

How do we prevent being locked again? I don’t really know why my character is locked.

I had the stuck in game error yesterday at 9am (before the server restart). So restarting the server does not cause the issus, it temporarily fixes.

I have no idea why they won’t reset the server when it fixed it yesterday. I just need to get in 1 game and can play for hours. But nope lets leave half the user base unable to play. Smh

2 Likes

I honestly don’t know. Hopefully the cause of whatever messed up the databases during restart was identified.

Hi. Maybe a stupid question, but I’m a bit confused, because what’s being communicated by Blizzard conflicts my experience.
Yesterday I was locked out before the server restart and could play again afterwards. Today I could play until I manually left the game with no server restart happening at the time and am locked out since then.
Was there a server restart in the last hours that I just missed?

1 Like

same dude. sucks and wish we didnt have to deal w this

1 Like

I’m beginning to have the feeling we are talking about different issues then them.

i can’t believe the answers coming from blizz. my rearsons are pretty simple. yesterday my “your character is already in game” was fixed by server reset. then today i was able to play for hours with NO problems. then when i bluescreened, i haven’t been able to make a game since. can’t make new toon either. there was NO reset before this happened therefore my account was not locked due to reset.

1 Like

That would be really sad… I know I could expect server issues, but not multiple issues locking me out.
Hope, the db cleanup will at least temporarily fix it until the root issue is solved.

1 Like

It seems to be mode specific and not account wide. I’m locked out of SC, but I can join HC games. While you get a different error on other SC characters than the main one that got locked, you can not enter any game in the mode you are locked out of. I’m not bothering to play HC because I just want to play my SC sorc I started, but it’s mode specific (I imagine you could potentially get locked out of both if you happened to trigger a lock in both modes separately).

Yesterday after being locked for 3+ hours their 45 minute maintenance fixed it and I was able to play for the rest of the day, though I got other errors that were fixed by region swapping.

Seems pretty random when it occurs. Yesterday I did a dozen+ normal countess runs to get a specific rune and it never triggered the bug. Today I did a few normal baal runs and a couple private NM games and then I was locked randomly after leaving one of them.

My guess is there is some “in a game” state value that isn’t being updated correctly every time you leave a game for whatever unknown reason.

It could be something completely unrelated, but it seems like there could be some old legacy code that it’s related to (perhaps they removed some of the code and not the rest leading to mismatched states that aren’t being updated correctly in every scenario).

In the old game, it was possible to disconnect from bnet while still in a game by spamming a chat command. It would say you were disconnected from bnet, but you would remain in the game. This would even let you log back into the game on another computer or instance of the game with the same cd-key and even enter the same game you were already in on two accounts at the same time with a single cd-key. However, it would NOT let you enter the same game twice on the same account (but different characters) using this trick. It had to be two separate accounts. Perhaps the reasoning behind that is related to the database entry that locks an account while it’s considered in a game.

2 Likes