Started a new character (summon druid)

If you dont fancy doing that, you could be an auradin and not even have to summon any animals! Or hit anything! Or… well… you just walk around.

Summon druid absolutely pwns that.

I RESPECTED my wind druid to 1 point in all summon 20 in oak sage. and my druid now is a BEAST!

3 Likes

That’s actually not true - Wind Druid here, with full zoo of meatshields.
1st, your homing missiles - Ravens. If you point an enemy with cursor, then summon a new Raven all flock of your birds will fly towards, and start to attack that target. Check it in some light locations, like act II desert, or act 1 moors, this way you’ll clearly observe that behavior. This trick is very useful against pesky resurrecters, and works even at the very edge of screen.
2nd, bear boy. You can target it in similar way as birds, however he won’t stick to the target as much as they. Also you can summon it in more or less area where you want it, like in front of a pack of archers - the boy will attack them. Note however if you are too far away, like say 2/3 of screen it will come back to you instead of attacking.
3rd, wolves. They work practically identical like Grizzly, from my observations though I’d say they won’t abandon their target as easily as the bear.

1 Like

Try using a bow with Summon Druid, stand behind your meat shields as they engage everything, and fire away. Bows like Harmony and Edge works wonders. Of course on the high end there’s even Faith.

3 Likes

Summon druid has got to be the worst possible way of playing a Druid. It’s sort of like building a character focussing on curses/masteries/passive&magic and then complaining that it is too weak and needs to be buffed.

Every character except the sorc has an easily recognisable “support” skills branch. Summoning skills on a Druid fit this description quite well and you can get a lot of value, with very few points invested…

Because others might actualy know how to play him. Its new build so it require asome learning how to use summons.) . I made full HC playthrough with him just fine.

1 Like

i have tested this… i just did a ssf fury druid ( single player)and at the start of hell i had to respec to get some summons to tank for me
and all i had with spirit tarnhelm and sig shield for prebuff with 1 point in each

it would have been impossible without this

also yes pure summon druid is absurdly stupid for what the op mentioned… no control

unless u get enimga and telertop stuff and even then its dumb

It’s very slow. It’s a gimmick. Hopefully blizzard plans on improving it more; that this current uptick in its viability is just one step in it becoming worthy of playing as much as sorceress or hammerdin.

I say, if a build is not as effective as hammerdin, then either hammerdin needs to be nerfed or the build needs to be buffed.

Nothing bothers me more than people saying a build is in a good place after a slight buff that made it go from absolute trash to something to do as a gimmick during your downtime after MFing on a real build.

A build is not in a good place until it is equal to hammerdin in usefulness.

1 Like

I’ve found that I go (pardon my lack of terminology)

The cold damage wolves with fireclaw wolf.

It is t massive numbers but it gets the job done.

There’s obviously a few more talents within but that’s the core

Making me the primary damage
You can flank the rear while your dogs take the aggro

Disclaimer: not at actv hell yet

Its subpar B tier class instead of being useless completely -they need to up it a bit give spirit wolves pure magic damage and let them stack with some aura.
Maybe give extra bear tank at 20 or 25 skill to have at least extra sponge on both sides!

2 Likes

Or just nerf the meta builds and stop making the game challengeless.

1 Like

How are these changes going to make Summoner meta build pls?
This should just make him more viable like B+ build?
Summonmancer is still going to be much better because he has CE and AMP damage, so i just dont get how is this making game challengeless?

From moment hammerdin and sorceress entered scene no druid can match them especially not summon druid in anything>

Then nerf the pally and the sorc? Makes a lot more sense than buffing 5 others classes. Also if you think Hammerdin is bad… you should check out Foh pally… waaaay more op.

Builds in D2 are like difficulty settings in other games. Want it easier? Play an easier build. Want it harder? Play a worse build. Everything doesn’t need bought up to hammerdin/sorc levels… pally and to a lesser degree sorc could both stand a bit of a nerf to make other builds feel better though.

1 Like

LoL wut? Only in areas whit undead and demons. Budget FoH suck. BiS FoH still sucks where budget Hdin wrecks everything, namely on higher player count.

1 Like

And how much time do you spend farming bnet on p8? It’s not even slow on P8 for that matter… 3:30 minutes to clear chaos in less than BiS gear.

Tell me how DOES summoner druid buff affects the game except making this part of class more viable since 2001 it was barely viable for normal and nightmare now its semi viable for hell?How does this affect challenge of game?

So everyone should play same builds for next 20 years?Is that that?
Oh no maybe this tier F class became B now it has chance to be closer to OP classes?(better stop that so it doesnt stand chance of doing something even remotely close to A/S tier classes)-bad logic
I

Let me try this another way.

Sally has $100.
Tom only has $10.

If you Take $45 from Sally and give it to Tom, how much money does each have?

Want to paraphrase that nonsense
Sally has 100 dollars
Tom has 10
You give Tom 20 more now he has 30 she still has 100 if you give Tom more 20 he could maybe buy 50% of Sally has?

2 Likes

Okay you aren’t going to get it. Cool.

None is taking anything from OP classes just giving other classes more chance to compete in the uphill battle.

2 Likes