Sorc question Blizzard and Frozen orb

If i understand new patch notes correctly, this means that each of this skills will have its own cooldown timer.
This means i can cast Blizzard /f.orb/Blizzard/f.orb much quicker than before, since they are split yes?
Man, this will melt mobs :smiley:

FORB cooldown needs to be removed, I want to play a FORB sorc again, not have to switch to meteor/blizzard.

Im not goin pure ice on 2.4
f.orb / hydra is what i want.
But im just reading through all changes, and not made it to sorc fire skills yet so will see :smiley:

1 Like

Removal of spell cool-downs from sorceress spells…

This change is probably the one that makes me the most nervous about Patch 2.4… The sorceress is a top-tier character and really doesn’t need any overall buffs…

I worry that constant simultaneous Blizzard-Frozen Orb-Iceblast spam and constant simultaneous Fireball-Meteor-Hydra spam is going to result in power creep, making the sorc even stronger… All these skills share some sort of synergy, so removing the global skill cooldowns for sorc is just “free extra damage”…

Builds that use Firewall + Frozen Orb (or similar) are also getting buffed, because now you can spam firewall and frozen orb simultaneously. Yes it’s a weaker build, but it’s one option for farming more efficiently than the other classes before getting Infinity rune word.

Blizzard Devs: Please be cautious of incremental power-creep towards the sorceress…

Buffing the other classes relative to the sorceress doesn’t really change much if the top-tier meta sorc builds are also getting stronger now…

Granted, lightening sorc isn’t really affected by any of this, but cold sorcs certainly are, and they are nearly universal at the start of each ladder…

/end rant

yup… currently running orb/hydra, and I love the playstyle, but I wished I could drop hydras and spam orbs at the same time… this will be amazing.

No. It would mean that FO dps is nearly 4x times higher (looking at 105FCR). You can check my post on Frozen Orb and Blizzard here - Frozen Orb needs a buff - #24 by Majesty-1216