So....50 characters slots coming?

Thank you Blizzard, i hope it will really happen.

10 Likes

When did they say that?

In his dreams obviously.

2 Likes

what even is the current max character slot?
in original D2 it was 8 i think? so is is 8 or 10 in D2R?
with all cosmetic sh*t and all that WoW has D3 for $ im surprised blizzard hasn’t added the “buy extra character slots” like many similar game has like Path of Exile, same with the stash tabs

would actually love to see a rune/gem stash tab like Path has for their currency/crafting materials

20 per account in d2r, d2 had 18per account but you could just create a new account since it was not linked with your cdkey. basically unlimited

6 Likes

18? wth? that was not the case when i played,
but yes the accounts was made with email and you could just make as many as you wanted
problem was that characters (mules) expired,

20 per account doesn’t seem that bad tho, still really think they should add the rune/gem stash tab, would save up space so much and make things much more enjoyable

I think it was originally 8 at classic launch but they bumped it up over the years, and as you said, it was basically unlimited with the way accounts worked.

hmm i remembered it was 2 colums only with 5 in each,
lost intreast in the game for some years so was unaware they bumped it to 18, thats a huge bump tho

D2LoD you can make as many characters as you like, my accounts were always name “accountname13” then 14 and so on. New season, new account; I usually just abandoned old ones and never really messed with non ladder bnet.

3 Likes

Used to have as many characters as you’d want…and by extension, as much stash space as you’d want…yes you’d have to spend one second refreshing them once every 90 days, but I’d take that system over the current one 9000%, at least then I’d be able to play ladder, more modes than non-ladder softcore, have dedicated PvP characters, and as many character builds as the game offers (which is hundreds).

3 Likes

It’s too bad that cross play isn’t a thing. I guess if you buy a 2nd copy though, if you have enough ram, you can run two instances and give yourself wps, etc or have a 2nd computer for people to use at your place.

In D2 most people used sandboxes to open multiple instances, wonder how that is handled now.

There’s a pretty active thread with people who have figured out ways to do it. HOW TO: Multiple D2R Instances (requires two accounts) - #15 by GrumpyKitten-1545437

1 Like

even tho i fully agree that they should increase the character slots or even just make it unlimited, i dont see your problem with it tho since like you said you never touched the characters after they went from ladder, then you could just delete them and be happy starting over in the new ladder

If they don’t introduce more character slots, they should at least be giving isolated slots allocated depending on the type of gameplay. Such as 20 for ladder, 20 for non-ladder, 20 for hardcore, 20 for softcore etc.

6 Likes

You’re right, I don’t have a problem with it yet though more slots would be nice. Especially if I were playing softcore some as well and once 1.14 drops I anticipate playing quite a bit more than I am now.

I play hardcore so a lot of my characters end up dying anyways lol. Though I am considering buying a 3rd copy anyway for utility and guests so I’ll have two pc keys and my console key.