So.. Economy ruined?

Just wondering whats your thoughts on it. Obviously the economy is completely tanked already, with people having insane amouint of items. already day 3 into the ladder which hey that is a substantial amount of time. But as someone who has Mf’ed in hell since night 1 for about 20 hours a day ive gotten what iwould consider the average drops. Now that being said, JSP and item values have completely tanked. P:eople having 14 shakos and countless HR’s only leads me to believe that people are running 8 accounts all botting in the same private game. Unfortunately there is no easy answer to bot prevention as one does not simply challenge the internet. Was just hoping we would get 1 decent ladder season before the 4000 bots hit the market and tank the game into what it is… Now if you a single player only guy, game is a classic as always, but holds no value, i anticipate the player basis to completely disappear which sucks. 1 simple gooogle search reveals so many bots, people on youtube running them and bragging about how they love to ruin the game. Day 3 = demotivated LOL

Thoughts?

5 Likes

Economy isn’t ruined, it’s thriving.

The game lobby, chat system, and literally a few dozen other things are miserable failures though.

7 Likes

none of which will ever get fixed.

2 Likes

Probably because the economy is essentially 7 months old at this point, ladder or no, people already have tons of wealth non ladder, ladder prices will be somewhat inflated for a bit sure, but it all goes to non ladder anyway.

the economy was ruined the minute this game launched without an in game item for item trading web site to combat the wretched JSP

9 Likes

The only thing that works in this game IS the economy. Anyone that’s already got a monopoly stranglehold on it is winning and will never lose…

Therefore they’ll always have the advantage in ladder… due to having d2jsp forum gold… so yeah, it’s over before it even started. Ladder also ='s a waste of time… so there’s that.

100 % 20 characters…

What did you expect ? D2JSP is still there … Some of them had 15 years of economy still waiting to be used… Don’t even need to bots at this point when you can just buy everything you need right off the start.

3 Likes

game is dead. when the game first launched we saw barely anyone get good items within the first day or 2. now i see some sorc with full tals and infinity already. decked out nova sorc with infinity. when the game first launched it was good now the bots have developed since the launch in september

2 Likes

People had enigma on day 1 of launch where were you?

It’s pretty much the same economy as launch with the exception of lower prices for pvp gear.

I dont see remotely anything like that on hardcore. Its still rare to see people having stuff like shako.

I got my enigma in 3 days of launch ( non ladder ) actually…
but no more JAH drop since then :slight_smile:

Botters running rampant on ladder. It’s over boys it’s over.

3 Likes

I’ve found maras and 2 shakos just today along with some steel rends nothing much else thou just was in pits for 5 hours or so today with the necro

My best spoils are a Vex rune and a Soj. Lots of other crap too that was trade worthy.

Hardcore doesn’t have quite as much of a bot problem, it is very different from softcore, here the economy is already ruined

Ruined how lol, i see people trading shako for gul+, tal armor for Ohm + on softcore.

Honestly buddy, it’s not a big deal. It also depends on the individual. For me, if the entire game was SSF, I wouldn’t mind. From the 20 years I played D2 ladders, I rarely trade and it’s usually for something odd, like right now I need “Arctic Mitts”. No one is selling arctic mitts, but they are selling high end gear.

The game is about how YOU interpret it. So right now, I’m creating one of each class on hardcore mode and going to get them all to hell and slowly gear them up. Maybe along the way I’ll find “Arctic Mitts” and send it to one of my guys. While on that journey, I randomly found 2 pieces of aldur set and a handful of decent charms.

I’m having fun in my own Diablo II world. I don’t really let what other players do effect me. I play at my own pace and if there are others to group with, great, if not, I’ll just play some SSF for a bit.

I wouldn’t worry about it to much. The fun is still there, you just have to find it.

3 Likes

Eh, it’s just how the items are in the game. There’s only a small handful of items worth using, so it becomes stale quickly. I haven’t found a shako but there are a ton of people playing, so there are a lot of shakos out there. Don’t confuse someone having multiples of something strictly botting though. Botting is an issue but people also try and control markets. I see it all the time and I did it regularly in games like wow. If you trade just one or two different things it’s easy to be comfortable buying and reselling stuff.

Day one I saw wizardspikes for 300 FG from inexperienced people and 1000+ from people who were paying attention better to the markets. This leaves a lot of room for arbitrage to happen easily.

As much as a lot of people hate corruption in PD2, it adds a lot of flavor and longevity to finding items. A shako can be useful in many different ways, from having an extra skill point, to resist all, 2 sockets, more damage reduction, and so on. It also is harder to roll that kinda stuff, which adds more longevity to a season.

Given what we have, you get geared up in 2 weeks and have 14 more of finding the same crap. ¯_(ツ)_/¯ versus PD2 I spent the entire season trying to roll %ED on cats eye amulet (upwards of 150 amulets ruined) and never got it. This is a perfect example of how it can be a lot more exciting to find items. I mean, imagine being happy to find a cats eye 12 weeks in the ladder. That’s awesome!

Either way, it’s up to you to decide when it’s no longer fun, and quit. I play the ladder season for 2-4 weeks and then it’s boring, so I’ll come back next season and give all my stuff to random people and delete my characters 🥹

1 Like

It has only been 4 days, compared to D2R release prices are dropping and supply is increasing much faster