So are we going to get to fix the name issue?

Cause if not frankly I think I’ll just go play something else. I never wanted this crappy 2.4 patch to exist to begin with and now I have multiple 91-96 characters with retarded looking ALLCAPS names.

As someone who has used the same came character names in RPGS for 30 years this is beyond annoying. Pretty much just log in, stare at it for 10 seconds, and log back out.

2 Likes

I’m sure they’ll fix it. Look, don’t get me wrong, it’s not the greatest sign of competence that our names got made all caps, that our game controls got erased and are re-erased each time. But this crew has been constantly at work, protective of the game’s core, and careful to get it right when and where it counts, which is during the ladder.

They’ve earned my trust here–and they’ve got 28 more days to get it right!

Pez already stated the naming issue will be fixed with 2.4, which will fix the keybinds issue as well unless they manage to do the keybinds before 2.4.

Credit to Felix for finding this

"I figured out a work-around.

Rename your current “Player.ctlo” or “Player.keyo” file to “PLAYER.ctlo” or “PLAYER.keyo”. Basically make the name all uppercase."

You can find these files directory by typing in your character name into the Windows Search bar. This at least allows us to play without having to worry about our keybinds being reset every time, for the time being. Of course, it’s no excuse for their continued mess-ups, and we shouldn’t have to be doing such workarounds in the first place, but it’s where we’re at, unfortunately.

That doesn’t exactly fix my issue. I don’t much care about the keybinds, that takes 2 seconds to change in game. It’s the all caps name that annoys me.

I agree, but I guess beggars can’t be choosers, or something. If you wanna play D2R for the time being, this helps.

Gotcha. I’m actually just going to hold off and see if it gets fixed. Too OCD to deal with it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

They say this will be fixed in patch 2.4, which is scheduled to be deployed April, 14, 2022.

PezRadar:
So coming in here to clarify a few things…

1. The only known issue that will be in the 2.4 patch is that character names are coming up as all CAPS. So enjoy screaming your name to the world for a few weeks as 2.4 hits on the 14th of April.

Cheers.

No where in that does it say it’s going to be fixed.

It just says, “Hahaha I’m a prick, listen to me try to make a witty comment about a bug. Now suck it up and deal with it. Patch 2.4 is coming the 14th. Go Blizzard! We rock! /selfbackpat”

Where in that does it say anything at all about fixing the character names?

What do you think the word “patch” means?

When you “patch” something, you FIX it.

The caps issue has absolutely nothing to do with patch 2.4. It’s clearly just some mistake that they made during the last round of server maintenance work. This is evident in the fact that the custom key binding problem that we’re seeing can be fixed by going in to C:/Users/Saved Games/Diablo II Resurrected and renaming the .ctlo and .keyo files in there to all uppercase. If the caps were some intentional change they would have made it so those files got updated automatically. Also, no offline characters were affected by this, just online. This was very likely caused by some admin accidentally running something that iterated over all of the character directories or database entries or whatever and converted them to uppercase. I’m fairly certain that this wasn’t intentional and was some big accident. I did notice that if I press “c” in game to view the character stats my name appears the way it should there without being fully capitalized, so I’m hoping they can come up with some way to use that data to reset everything back to the way it should be.

Im more annoyed over that im not allowed to be Sefika, then that i have to be something in all caps. And that i cant name a mule Jewel…