Skills not binded on loading character

Started the game up tonight, once in, I noticed that I couldn’t cast anything. Look at skill bar, back to defaults, every skill unbound.

Only took a few seconds to bind everything again, but this shouldn’t be happening.

Also, using the L controller joystick to select menu items with Cain or Akara is a p.i.t.a. Basically, moving the joystick down just skips trade. Cain is really bad, Akara not so much. I’m now using the cursor buttons instead. This wasn’t an issue on the closed/open beta on the PS4 btw.

4 Likes

I’m getting it too, every time I log in and go straight to online and join or create a public game… My controller skill bindings don’t load, it’s like they’re not saved. But if I create a private game they do load. If I then go back to public, they suddenly load all the time. Wouldn’t be bad if the load times weren’t so long. Am on PS4. Anyone know a fix. Might try to clear the cache if that’s even possible on console

2 Likes

That didn’t work, shame

I’ve got exactly the same problem on ps5. Has anyone found a solution ?

same here. happened twice in the last two weeks.

This problem has been there since the launch of D2R.

same here the date is 9/17/2022
PS5 key bindings are undinded everytime i start a game. what is going on, fix it blizzard. Very anoying to rebind everytime i have to start a game…

then it sounds like Blizzard is ignoring all console players. this unbinding bug really bugs

3 Likes

Bilzzard is ignoring the console players

3 Likes

A month later. The issue still stands…

1 Like

Still ongoing.

Happened to me 2 times last week, and the last one was about 1 hour ago, after the patch 1.23 dropped on PS4.

Annoying bug.

2 Likes

Same. Ps5 skill binds won’t save. Unplayable.

1 Like

workaround:
after starting the game go to private game, and only after this go to public/friends game.
and cross fingers, maybe the bug will be solved in the next update.

2 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Skills not binded on loading character:

Come on blizzard this is getting old please fix this ps4 not saving skills really thinking on not buying another game an stop playing this one… fix now please…

1 Like