Show Poison Dagger More Love

Show poison dagger some love, such as:

• Remove synergy Bonus from Poison Nova and Poison Explosion ( Create a separate dedicated Poison dagger build outside a non-used synergy skill )

• Add synergy bonus from

• Bone Armor +30% Poison Damage Per Level / .5% Poison Length Reduction per level
    • Bone Wall +30% Poison Damage Per Level / 2% Poison Length Reduction Per Level
    • Bone Prison +30% Poison Damage Per Level / 2% Poison Length Reduction Per Level

( Because Poison Dagger requires physical combat and therefore requires greater bone armor unlike ranged or summoning skills )

• OR Alternate Synergy with ( per suggestion below )
    • Bone Armor - +20% Poison Damage Per Level / 0.25% Poison Length Reduction per level
    • Fire Golem - +20% Poison Damage Per Level / Converts 1% Poison Damage to Fire Per level / 1.5% Poison Length Reduction Per Level
    • Weaken +20% Poison Damage Per Level / +1.5% Damage Reduction per level / 1.5% Poison Length Reduction Per Level / At Level 20 cannot be overridden by another curse.
      • Bone Armor synergies with Weaken providing +10 damage absorbed per level
    • Amplify Damage - +20% Poison Damage Per Level / Converts 1% Poison Damage to Physical Per level / 1.5% Poison Length Reduction Per Level / At Level 20 cannot be overridden by another curse.
    • Lower Resist - +10% Poison Damage Per Level / -2% to Enemy Poison Resistance Per Level / 1.5% Poison Length Reduction Per Level / At Level 20 cannot be overridden by another curse.

• Change to always hits

• Knocks back and slows Target by a significant percent.

• Rename skill from “dagger” to “Imbue” or something more general, and allow it to apply with all weapon types. ( For example, why does the necromancer have pus spitter crossbow…)
3 Likes

That’s the love it needs

Killing mobs with it spawns poisonous flying scimitars

1 Like

I say just make it “poison weapon” or “poison attack”, that way my melee necromancer with his Obedience Thresher could at least use some offensive skill other than basic attack.

2 Likes

One of the multiple layer to make it better

But it remains a melee skill

Therefor main melee flaw being single target

That’s why I think adding poisonous flying scimitar on kill is good, it adds pseudo-AOe

1 Like

Poison Dagger needs more than simply doubling its damage. For starters, the skills duration needs to be lowered to effectively increase its damage in a meaningful way. If all you want is to see a big number then great but the duration is so long that it doesnt matter. Poison Nova is vastly more usefull. I agree that it should be uninterruptable or the attack speed greatly increased. Poison dagger should decrease duration above a certain skill level or somthing because Poison Nova will always out shine PD unless PD can do more damage faster.

1 Like

I think we should keep Poison Dagger a single target spell but give it other synergies that provide for interesting gameplay decisions.

What I’ve always thought would be cool would be if they synergized it with some of the curses. Like, for instance, if every hard point into Weaken would give Poison Dagger -2% enemy damage. This, in turn could stack with either Weaken or Decrepify to make a super weak enemy.

You could have it synergize with several curses, and make it sort a “pick your poison” kind of skill. Maybe your Poison dagger weakens enemies (Weaken), maybe it cuts their poison resistances (Lower Resist synergy), maybe it causes traumatic damage similar to crushing blow (Amplify Damage synergy).

The idea would follow the theme of some semi-evil mad scientist necromancer mixing all kinds of devilish poisons to hurt enemies in different ways.

Good ideas.

Reminder to show poison dagger love.

Duration is much too long. Needs somthing like .01 seconds or insta poison to be truely effective!

Duration is a ‘symptom’ of the problem but it’s not exactly the issue. I’m totally fine with 10-20 seconds duration when maxed out. The problem is DPS at that point: your still ticking away at about 2K-2500 DPS. This is roughly the same DPS your getting from Nova thus your getting the same damage in single target as your are killing the whole screen.

Numbers!
lvl 25 Pdagger deals @14,500 damage over @11 sec or 1300 dps
lvl 25 PNova deals @5200 damage over 2 sec or 2600 dps.

They need to double the damage and cut the duration to 5 sec at lvl 20ish.