Set item upgrades

Why on earth are they ladder exclusive?? I must have missed that in PTR. Why? just Why? New rune words sure, but the set recipes?? how the hell will THAT help item diversity???

3 Likes

New Horadric Cube recipes are ladder exclusive.

Literally from the patch notes and I found out when they did not work. So I’m not sure what he’s playing

Hmm. Either they just added that, or it didn’t pop out when I read it earlier. Did they add the cube recipes and runewords to offline then? I upped a set item earlier on offline, and it worked perfectly.

probably. even MORE reason for them to just have ANY form of local play for offline characters… They REALLY REALLY need to bring open battle net back if they are not going to do TCP. The only reason I even have them on BNet is to play with my wife…

3 Likes

So yeah, just tested out a ladder only runeword on offline, and it worked. The cube recipe thing is dumb though for ladder only, mainly because they never said these would be ladder only until now. I had planned to up what I could of Nat and Aldurs on my non ladder account in a week or so after patch dropped. That ruins that idea, giving me no real interest in coming back to Non ladder to finish my last couple of characters through Hell.

Because Ladder has always been legendary.

Can someone link where this info is posted? I’m a little annoyed, but quitting doesn’t help since they already got my money. I’ll never buy another Blizzard product, that is certain.

It’s in the patch notes above the chart with the cube recipes. Either it was added after the patch notes went live, or it didn’t jump out at most folks, including myself, since it was never mentioned in the months leading up to today that the recipes would be gated as well, only the runewords. I have a suspicion new runewords and cube recipes are planned for various seasons.

I do not know where you are referring. There are a lot of charts with cube recipes.

New Horadric Cube recipes are ladder exclusive.

1 Ral Rune + 1 Sol Rune + 1 Perfect Emerald + Normal Set Weapon Exceptional Version of Set Weapon
1 Lum Rune + 1 Pul Rune + 1 Perfect Emerald + Exceptional Set Weapon Elite Version of Set Weapon
1 Tal Rune + 1 Shael Rune + 1 Perfect Diamond + Normal Set Armor Exceptional Version of Set Armor
1 Ko Rune + 1 Lem Rune + 1 Perfect Diamond + Exceptional Set Armor Elite Version of Set Armor

Developer Comments: We felt that players enjoy the current Horadric Cube recipes for upgrading Unique items, so we decided to offer the same capability for upgrading Set items. This can add more possibilities by using lower-level Set items for more character builds.

Perfect.

Yeah, that message is new. I’m really annoyed now.

Thanks for the info Tanis. It’s appreciated.

2 Likes

This was, indeed, added later.

1 Like

Send complaints here: Email Blizzard Public Relations

They don’t have customer service that you can direct contact.

1 Like

oh so this is why I can’t upgrade my nat’s boots earlier. that’s dumb

1 Like

But will the recipes come to non-ladder after first season like the new runewords? :thinking:

I’d say so. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see them before ladder to be honest. Doesn’t seem like a popular decision to say the least

What Ladder-only runeword did you make offline??

I think it was added, because that was an issue I was specifically looking for and if it was there I missed it in the hype train, but this morning its there clear as day.

honestly I’m not even mad anymore (that’s a lie I am) but the fixing mana burn has turned the enchantress I was gonna up some set stuff on into a freekin juggernaught anyway