Servers Are Now Up - Oct 11

This is getting crazy, it’s taking quite a long time to fix this isn’t it?

We’re going to want some kind of compensation for this kind of prolonged outage.

I would be happier if this had a monthly sub fee so that blizzard could support the game better

Seriously, over buy for the first month, with enough to handle a concurrent login from 75% of every shipped copy problem solved.

They might lose 10 or 20k the first month from over buying before they spin down to whatever numbers they NEED (reporting isn’t hard) but the good launch press and continued support of their products (by folks like you and I) would net them positive gains in short order.

Blizz you need a technical biz consultant that isn’t a goober? I can freelance for yall, @me…

1 Like

We would appreciate a report of what is actually going down and maybe a time frame on a fix? Communication lacking, like always, much appreciate Blizz.

Yep servers are down for most everyone. Been this way for two days now :sleepy:

Hey again everyone,

We’re still on this. All I can really say for now is that we called some folks in from weekend to work on it and they’re trying to figure out what’s up/how to fix it. No ETA on a fix just yet but you can keep an eye on this thread and @BlizzardCS twitter for any updates we do get.

Thanks for the reports and patience while we work on this.

6 Likes

If my characters are all “already in a game on the server” AGAIN when the servers back up im going to be more than pissed.

And just what kind of compensation would you like? They offer you a free online service, you only have to pay for the initial game itself. Yeah, its a bummer that the servers have been down all weekend but its not like you are constantly paying for a subscription. I’d understand wanting a subscription fee refunded, but unless you are going to do a full refund and delete the game I don’t see how you would get any kind of “compensation”

hey blizz you can make it up to me by giving the slightest increase in high rune drop for the rest of the day.

While that is great news, as a tech company selling games and supporting servers… shouldnt you have someone watching your server status…constantly?.. Heaven knows if this was WoW it would already be fixed.

30 minutes to an hour is understandable, hours… without communication is not acceptable. We bought this game to play online… and we are not getting that experience.

Even Mobile games can keep their servers up and they have MILLIONS of people on them, and when they do have emergency maintenance…guess what they do? They Compensate their players… bet you guys wont be doing that…

In short, I am disappointed to see that nothing has changed in 20 years with your servers… or customer support/technical issues.

Sincerely,

A Disappointed Customer

6 Likes

1st off the original D2 was laggy but didn’t crash 2nd if you hate the game so much why get it again 3rd it is a server crash name 1 online game tgat didn’t…or don’t have these issues quit it just be patient and allow the to fix the problem.

i’m suprised a company this large doesn’t have staff on site at weekends.

Just bought the game, looks like it cannot be played. How do I get a refund?

Mozart works nicely for times like this , or mf runs … you know :slight_smile:

That’s my point exactly, they have to have people on site for all of the online games they sale/service… “Calling people in” doesn’t seem like a justifiable update… it’s more like “Lets get ahold of that Indie warehouse where we house the D2 servers”

Aufur , all players cant for now i think.

Deleted my buddies level 83 sorc with all this going on, been missing for almost 2 days and when reaching out to blizzard they said they don’t offer that type of support for console players!!! Console players should be up in arms about the lack of respect/support from you guys!!

This is joke :neutral_face: or? We buy game we play game we invest so much time to farm game and servers is down why ? Pls fix this Bug :bug: on ps4 and this is not all when I try to find someone to play game is dead or maybe is one more bug pls fix this with eu servers sorry on my bad English :-1: gt itz--domy--

will you be offering refunds ? I cant enjoy the product i paid for, and am just about to move on to something else to spend my time on.

Perhaps it is time for devs to consider reinstating some sort of local LAN mode for SP so folks at home can play together. You posted about not being able to transfer offline to online due to economy (understandable) but perhaps an option to take our non ladder ladders to transfer to SP and delete them online might be a better option, that way those of us that are being burned on these constant server issues, don’t need to restart to play SP.

1 Like