Season 5 - Early Melee Helm Runeword

I like O skill charge - (Though I realize this isnt its purpose) it makes this usable at high levels for pvp as a specialty build, and the lack of other powerful high level stats creates a strong trade-off with other items.

Though, even at low levels +2 ar per level is underwhelming compared with berserkers 2 piece set helm and armor bonus of 8 ar per level.

Perhaps increase the ar to +4 per level, or achieve greater hit chance via some other means such as negative targets defense per hit, + combat skills, Ignores Target Defense, or chance to cast skill that reduces enemy defense such as Battle Cry / Cloak of Shadows?

1 Like

Good feedback. I was trying to be careful not to make this early runeword too strong. In addition to raw AR bonus per level, level 3 charge has a bonus of +80% attack rating. Nonetheless, I’ll meet you in the middle and increase ar to +3 per level. Updated OP.

If you find someone who will make it, I’ll test it and make a video, posting it here.

I’m thinking a Charger barb with Bonesnap.

3 Likes

Nice new helm so all classes can PK with charge.

2 Likes

You know, I really dislike the fact that more and more runewords come into the game, esentially killing the entire itemization in D2R.

All you need are some runes, that is it. There are TONS of unique and set items, why not simply buff them? Make them useful again.

4 Likes

I agree with you the developers should rework some of the rarest uniques in the game, heck we have an entire thread dedicated to that effort IMPROVE ITEMIZATION. However, if they decide to add additional runewords for an upcoming Season, lets have them atleast improve the melee experience.

1 Like

when does season 5 start?

No one really knows. As Season 4 began in May, I would expect late August to early September. But they’ve mentioned before they don’t want resets between D2R, D4 and D3 to overlap too closely.

That sounds sick. I actually like the idea of O-skills being accessible for early game, so I’d like to see this too. I’ll search how to make runewords and hopefully it will be doable.

2 Likes

I am with you, mate. Bit sick of all the new runewords, etc. Although I sorta liked the 2.5 Runewords.

Why yet another runeword? To make the other item qualities even more obsolete?
Improve uniques or add new ones instead!

I don’t even think any of it could really use much reworking. If I had to choose something I might nerf the 1.10 runewords but collecting all the pieces required to make them can be quite the hunt so maybe not

I’m assuming you’re just using hero editor? I think you can jump through the hoops to make it a runeword, but if the idea is just to test the stats, there’s no reason it can’t be a rare or crafted (or even “white”, really) quality item that has all the stats that Charlie has specified. Just food for thought.

2 Likes

Good point. Maybe I’ll give the runeword a go just for fun, and if it’s too difficult or causes problems I’ll make it in a white like you mentioned. Thanks for the tip :saluting_face:

i dont like the charge aspect
paladin already has it, and barb has leap, and sin has dragon flight
and this obviously does nothing for druid

replace change with like 15% crushing blow

heck, I will join yer fanatasy runeword league.
here is my runeword

Paradigm
jah zod ber ber
4os armor

2 skills
15ias
visio (% attack rating per character level)
45FRW
250~300% enhanced defense
250~300% enhanced damage
15~30% damage reduction
30% Crushing blow
5~10% to life
indestructible

*a great way to correct oversupply of HR

1 Like

What about a charging werebear… could be fun for added mobility?

Hell yeah, i want a charging lvl 12 pvp sacrifice necro.

Hey Endugu, I sent you the helmet. I just converted other uniques to have the attributes. I couldn’t figure out how to lower the lvl requirement of Giantskull so I had to make the Tarnhelm. Let me know if you need me to put other gear on like Bonesnap, etc.

2 Likes

They look awesome, Nickie. I’m going to do a Bonesnap build for the Tarnhelm and I have an idea for the Giantskull but I’m going to keep it a surprise. I’ll work on them over the weekend and see what I can come up with. I have about 30 different level barbs on D2 LoD Single Player just wait to be revitalized and become something on D2R.

2 Likes