Season 5 - Calling for Well Deserved Nerfs

This will never ever ever happen. If it did it would be the best thing since sliced bread, but i have no faith in Blizz.

Its all about insta-gratification now.

2 Likes

I am not sure if this game needs nerfing, or buffing. But youā€™re right somethings are stupidly OP like yes, Spirit Runeword.

I am okay with nerfs but they need to buff exp and drop rates, especially for not player 8 games.

There is room for more changes. Vitality, Mana, and FCR are all over the top.

Itā€™s sad this is the only weapon that makes lots of Melee builds viable though. They need to buff Melee.

Again thereā€™s room for more nerf, this is literally the best Item, even when used on a Sorceress it is great. 8% DR (Ber), Magic Find, itā€™s ridiculous.

1 Like

If we would be still before D2R release i would totally agree to all RW nerfs, even Spirit just+1, but D2R released without nerfs, unnerfed versions have been build, and as long existing items canā€™t be nerfed (which is IMHO the case), itā€™s too late.

I like everything else. Iā€™d even say 1/5 penalty for everything, consistent mechanics.

1 Like

I donā€™t think itā€™s too late for nerfing Spirit, Grief and Enigma as the new ladder season for Season 3 and onwards would incorporate the changes for a fresh economy. When a ladder resets, all ladder shared stash tabs and characters transfer to nonladder, and all the legacy items would go with it and limited to nonladder only. This is not really a issue as the developers will continue to add new RWā€™s, balance changes, etc. to ladder that will drive people to play the new ladder season.

2 Likes

I agree, I donā€™t think itā€™s too late at all for balance pass. D2R is 1 year old and even then, most of its life-span was spent on making it just stable.

In a live-service game items change all the time, meta shifts all the time. Itā€™s normal and healthy today.

1 Like

I agree major nerfs needs to happen. I play on hardcore and everyone including myself just blows through terror zones like a joke. Characters are way overpowered. I usually play classic and even older patches of classic for this reason. But now I feel itā€™s even worse with the sunder charms.

Nerf character skills or buff monsters. Games to easy.

3 Likes

After a lot of testing I change my mind. I hate to say it because, initially I hated sunders charms. Cold sorc is finally fun. Leave it. It does not feel over powered. Orb is now a viable build as well, which is super awesome.

4 Likes

Agreed if anything buff other weaker elements to be honest, to make them viable. Cold does not feel OP at all to me.

Melee classes need more stuff not less that i agree hard.Melee classes have always been in the gutters damage aoe wise!

2 Likes

The best way to increase item diversity and foster player choice is by nerfing Grief, but at the same time, buff lackluster melee skills (IAS, etc.) and buff old school uniques, like The Grandfather. Retaining Grief in the broken state to keep melee semi-viable is not fixing the core issue with melee.

5 Likes

Yep. Youā€™re one of the few that seems to actually understand the game, most people are just afraid of change or acknowledging any flaws in D2.

3 Likes

Sometimes the framing of the message matters.

In the OP of this thread there is not a word about buffing any uniques or melee. Just nerfing the only good thing a melee character has.

So yea, people are understandably skeptical.

And Last Wish should absolutely be BiS for most melee characters and preferrably not by virtue of making other stuff weaker in comparison.

The mere fact that itā€™s actually fighting itself on the monsters (blinding effect overriding life tap) is extremely annoying.

2 Likes

Yea them giving more love to melee and making guess what NEW RUNEWORDS for melee would be great both armors and shields and weapons!

My question to you is why? No matter what you think, you arenā€™t forced to play the meta builds or use best in slot gear. If you want to use that Lidless instead of Spirit and use ViperMagi instead of Enigma, you can!

The only reason you would want nerfs is to force other people to not play as efficiently. And why would you want that? Why try to control how others play?

If you think this will help control the economy because people are less efficient at farming, then let me introduce you to the larger problems of botting and now duping that are much more impactful to the economy.

Nerfing things wonā€™t make you play other classes. The majority will still roll a Blizz sorc and farm gear for the next class to play.

Overall Iā€™m not against your suggestions, I just donā€™t think itā€™s necessary to do.

2 Likes

A little bit too late, already destroyed the game, by the time next season comes most ppl will transition to d4, if not out yet they will just wait instead of playing this crap

Nerf Grief buff other melee skills/items - yes.

Then balance casters all else else around melee.

Or, do what you want, but make an SSF online ladder.

What we cannot do is buff melee to cold sorc levels so there is no choice of a challenge left.

2 Likes

I think the only problem game has is that Cold Sorc has a three times an Infinity runeword effect by default. Thats extremely powerful to have early on when all other builds need some sort of super expensive runeword to meet the damage. If we add to that free TELEPORT, we dare to say cold soso is broken.

But what is broken is fun isnt ? So instead of nerf Cold soso why to not provide all other classes/builds a new passive MASTERY that will ahve the very same effect as Cold Mastery and have every build as viable as cold soso so people have fun with multiple builds ?

Most likely though that wont happen because itll need a lot more work than just nerf cold mastery.

Also for people who call out for nerfs ā€¦ the more nerfs youll be making to other classes/runewords the more desirable SOSO will be like in the old times. The issue is not to bring SOSO down and make game a chore but to bring everything else up so people dont mind to choose something else than soso.

The ultimate goal is for D2R to be fun with all different builds for all different content. Sunder is the only way that can be possible so is a welcomed addition, i had to have such fun with Diablo 2 since 1.10 early days.

I should have prefaced with the thread below for Itemization Improvements to account for the developers buffing uniques and melee in general, which should be done in tandem with the proposed nerfs in the OPā€¦

The problem with grief is not that its too powerful, but rather that everything else is too underpowered, melee is just way more difficult compared to the same investment for other classes.

An easy way to nerf grief without nerfing all melee, is to increase the base damage of white melee bases, it wont affect grief much, but will boost the ED of other melee runewords and help all melee at the same time.

4 Likes

Agreed. Nerfing Grief, and then following up with buffing old school uniques and lackluster melee skills (e.g. whirlwind, vengeance, impale, rabies, etc.) would be the best path forward for the health of the game.