Season 4 - Buff 10 Nostalgic Uniques

That’s usually the first insult I hear. Look I did not mean for you to take offense. But the design of TC87 items should not be framed as “It’s rare, therefore it should be the most busted item” it should be just good enough that you will actually be happy to have found one. And I know I still haven’t self found one. And streamers who log thousand of hours have only ever found 1-2. Same is true for zod rune. And yet there are somehow thousands of them around. Rarity does not dictate quality.

I doubt you even read my items proposed changes. But they take lore into account as well as other factors. I have even playtested hero edited versions of them.

I do not wish to gatekeep what changes should or shouldn’t be allowed to exist. That results in rather stale dialogue. But again I reiterate rarity should not dictate quality.

Also my proposed change is to either increase teleport charges on items by a factor of 10 (so 250) or make them an oskill instead. Teleport is an issue in and of itself that I don’t wish to address in this topic

Maybe you should take the hint then. I am not even bothering reading rest of your post.

As a contributer to CharlesJT´s thread, I would like to share my personal top then over here as well…speak about it. The more, the better…

1. Tyrael’s Might
    Reasoning:* If the sacred armor of Tyrael himselfe can be found in a players lifetime and du to it´s rarety it should be no question to use it. Even a bad roll over the high RWs. The forces of the light will use it devine powers to overcome the dard hordes.
    Convert existing items:* Additions are made and rolled (like salvation aura). All res simply exchanged for plr. ED ist increased by 33%. Dmg to demons ist increased by x2,5 but with min. of 200%. This item needs to be a solid :green_circle: choice!
  2. Arkaine’s Valor
    Reasoning:* The nature of this treasure is shrouded in speculation, my friend, but it is said that the ancient hero Arkaine placed the holy armor Valor in a secret vault. Arkaine was the first mortal to turn the tide of the Sin War and chase the Legions of Darkness back to the Burning Hells. So needs to be good right?
    Convert existing items:* Easy
  3. Templar’s Might
    Reasoning:* A paladin focussed alternative which adds a might aura (to lower the need for an A2 merc and adds more to offensive auras then to all skills). Since it´s very rare it should be clear choice to use it somehow.
    Convert existing items:* Add +5 strength, +1 offensive auras become +2, +2 becomes +4 (no +3 for existing items). Since it´s currently never used it could be completely rerolled as well.
  4. Leviathan
    Reasoning:* Leviathan, beeing a big sea and wind monster can deliver massive damage and take massive damage. A beast of great strength and power with a water and wind based theme.
  5. The Grandfather
    Reasoning:* An iconic weapon of the old days. Not even buffed for nostalgy, buffed to be an notably addition to the weaker melee classes and offer an alternative to op grief. Given the rarety every Grandfather should find use (we wish, that the Act 5 frenzy merc could wield two-handers).
    Convert existing items:* Easy, ED +100% to the existing value. OS must roll. A 250% ED version should roll 3 OS.
  6. Azurewrath
    Reasoning:* Blessed by the Song of the Arch to be an instrument of the righteous, it was wielded by the angel Izual prior to his failed assault on the Hellforge.
    Convert existing items:* Easy. +skills needs to roll, damage to demons as well. Add the rest and keep existing.
  7. Eaglehorn
    Reasoning:* To offer a competitive alternative to a Windforce, Ice, Mist or Faith Bow. We buffed, along with many others, this unique bow.
    Convert existing items:* Add new affixes an reroll those, Reroll +skills
  8. Lidless Wall
    Reasoning:* Offering a very viable but affordable alternativ to the also affordable default spirit shield. Solving most mana problems disengaging the commond insight Act 2 merc.
    Convert existing items:* Reroll Skills, Mana after kill +2, reroll fcr.
  9. Rune Master
    Reasoning:* The 3-5 OS offers a vast variety of builds. The Buffs make it very viable to add precious runes and jewels to customize and support various builds (if you find a 5 OS one). With the buffs it´ll be used in far mode builds then with the present state.
  10. Lightsabre
    Reasoning:* To offer a decent mid-level and maybe end-game sword with elemental damage to overcome physical immunes, we would like to see this unique to put, along with almost all other, to be viable.
1 Like

make barbarian great again

1 Like

That’s a solid top 10 list, hopefully we can convince the devs to consider buffing a hand full of uniques for Season 4. That would be such a boon for the game.

1 Like

That’s some impressive knowledge of the lore

1 Like

To be honest, I’m not a fan of adding teleport to Tyrael’s Might as it doesn’t fit the fantasy and we already have Enigma to fullfill that purpose. I am a fan of adding salvation aura as it is very fitting for the archangel of justice. Cleansing aura was just added to Cure, so let that helm fullfill that unique purpose.

2 Likes

1. Tyrael’s Might

Justification: rarest item in D2. It’s a sacred armor with a TC 87 and named after the Archangel of Justice. Tyrael, who is found in-game and is part of the Angiris Council, the ruling body of the High Heavens. It is an extremely rare item, yet so useless (primary use is a trophy item).

Tyrael’s Might
Sacred Armor
Defense: 1322-1502 -------------------1908
Required Level: 84
Required Strength: None
+120-150% Enhanced Defense --------------------------215ed
+50-100% Damage To Demons
+20% Faster Run/Walk
+20-30 To Strength
All Resistances +20-30
Cannot Be Frozen
Requirements -100%
Slain Monsters Rest in Peace
Indestructible---------------------------------remove add rep dura
add 2os

this item doesnt need an overhaul these upgrades would make it very endgame op

I respecfully disagree. Tyrael’s Might is the rarest item in the game and should reflect the power of the Archangel of Justice. Why is the damage to demons so pitifully low? Plus, adding L1 Salvation Aura in the OP feels thematic for angelic armor. If any item in the game deserves buffs, it would be Tyrael’s Might (with The Grandfather right behind it).

3 Likes

Sick ideas… been looking at your posts blizz should definitely take some notes.

2 Likes

Appreciate the feedback. It would be nice if the developers could buff atleast 10 uniques per Season. This would breathe new life into the item hunt.

That’s bad. Barb is powerful because you can dw a buff stick like beast or lawbringer. I’d always use x+law bringer over a weapon limited to 2h

I mean tbh the main use for Barb is still just Trav Horking for runes… so really you don’t need lawbringer for that cause you just zerk’em down. :stuck_out_tongue:

Quicker to swap to grief/lawbringer and ww down undeads.