Season 4 - Buff 10 Nostalgic Uniques

But you said what most of us think. We need certain uniques to shine again. They were neglected by Blizzard in 1.10. As a matter of fact they have history of revamping sets and changing uniques. 1.08 Gaze vs 1.09 Gaze as example.

1 Like

Completely agree. Uniques are dated and in bad shape. With all these new runewords, uniques will become extinct and all we will be using are runewords for Seasons to come.

2 Likes

I also agree, this one needs more. Otherwise, why would anyone swap from hoto/spirit, or even a +5 orb+spirit, for it other than, why not for a bit.

I feel it needs to be so OP that its worth finding and using.

Change to +8 skills
Change to 80% FCR
add an aura… Conviction would be crazy, but it is rare, or Salvation?

I should want to hunt this thing and if I find it, actually use it with some pride, not sit in my inventory like it currently is, unidentified.

2 Likes

How about proposing 75% FCR and straight up +7 to skills?..

Mang Song’s Lesson
Archon Staff
Two-Hand Damage: 83 to 99
Required Level: 82
Required Strength: 34
+5 To All Skills
30% Faster Cast Rate
-7-15% To Enemy Lightning Resistance
-7-15% To Enemy Cold Resistance
-7-15% To Enemy Fire Resistance
Regenerate Mana 10%
50% Damage To Undead

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add +75 To Mana
    • Add All Resistances +15-25
    • Add Increase Max Mana 30%
    • Change All Skills from +5 to +5-7
    • Change Faster Cast from 30% to 50%
    • Change Required Level from 82 to 77
    • Change Enemy Lightning/Fire Resist from -7-15% to -15%
    • Change -7-15% To Enemy Cold Resist to +15% To Cold Skill Damage

i dont have hope for anything at this point

but here my list

Baranar’s Star
+50% Increased Attack Speed
+400% Enhanced Damage
200% Bonus to Attack Rating
Adds 1-200 fire damage
Adds 1-200 lightning damage
Adds 1-200 cold damage
+15 to Strength
+15 to Dexterity

only add 200%ed and this weapon will be only a good decent weapon very far to be bis , the 200% Bonus to Attack Rating will hep a lot of melee

Immortal King’s Stone Crusher
Indestructible
+40% Increased Attack Speed
+400% Enhanced Damage
+200% Damage to Demons
+200% Damage to Undead
40% Chance of Crushing Blow
Socketed (4)

the iconic underwhelming ik set what a shame
i add 200 ed to mak ethe mace more valuable , the 4 socket is because before you only have too put 2 sheal rune and cap the ww break point with 80 ias . sadlt after the massive ww nerf this maul need 125 ias and you dont ww to 4 frame anymore , but 5 frame . so 40ias from the maul +4xsheal rune= 80 mean 40+80 =120 you are still not reaching ww break point compare before with 80 . i think these change will put back the ik pride and glory of the ik barbarian on the map well deserve the set look good also the armor is hard too find

Bul-Kathos’ Sacred Charge
+400% Enhanced Damage
+35% Chance of Crushing Blow
Knockback
All Resistances +20
Socketed (2)

add 200ed and 2 socket and 20% ias , again noting bis but playable

Bul-Kathos’ Tribal Guardian
+400% Enhanced Damage
+50 poison damage over 2 seconds
+20 to Strength
Fire Resist +50%
Socketed (2)
add 200ed and 2 socket and 20% ias , again noting bis but playable

• Angelic Halo
    3% mana stolen per hit
    3% Life stolen per hit
    these level 12 ring are use from hight level character because the set bonus sadly the stats of +20 to Life and Replenish Life +6 are just useless hight level , so a make them very low level leech usefull in both world

• Angelic Wings
    3% Life stolen per hit
    +20% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
    change the useless+3 light radius for 3% Life stolen per hit nothing op but usefull for low and hight level

Vampire Gaze
Adds 6-22 cold damage
10% Mana stolen per hit
10% Life stolen per hit
+100% Enhanced Defense
15% Slower Stamina Drain
Physical Damage Received Reduced by 25%
Magic Damage Reduced by 15
+40% Faster Run/Walk
add 3 life and mana leech , and add %5 dr the same of 1.08
the helmmet is call Vampire Gaze so i add +40% Faster Run/Walk never see slow vampire lol also good for merc to move faster , good for melee
also ( Trang-Oul’s Scales the vampire necro set have +40% Faster Run/Walk) why not gaze

• Shaftstop
    220% Enhanced Defense
    +250 Defense vs. Missile
    +60 to Life
    Physical Damage Received Reduced by 30%
    Socketed (3)

only add 3 socket player have the option too add damage ias or resistence all up too you , again nothing bis but usefull

Highlord’s Wrath
+1 to All Skills
+30% Increased Attack Speed
Adds 1-30 lightning damage
+37% Deadly Strike (Based on Character Level)
Lightning Resist +35%
+20% Faster Run/Walk

add 10 ias and +20% Faster Run/Walk , melee need mobility and ias

Arreat's Face
+30% Faster Run/Walk
+2 to Combat Skills (Barbarian Only)
+2 to Barbarian Skill Levels
+30% Faster Hit Recovery
100% Bonus to Attack Rating
10% Life stolen per hit
200% Enhanced Defense
+20 to Strength
+20 to Dexterity
All Resistances +30

add 80% Bonus to Attack Rating he all know this issue with barb , and +30% Faster Run/Walk with 3%life leech

2 Likes

Thanks for your feedback, we can definitely discuss in the thread below as that is the main brainstorming thread. One request. Can you please show what your changes are (proposed buffs listed at bottom of item stats) similar to how we did it (easier on the reader) and re-post your ideas in the thread below?

1 Like

Not bad… But as I said, I feel that it needs to be more powerful than the weapon/shield option, otherwise, other than “for the hell of it” why would you use it as a meta?

Currently, with a Hoto or even +5 orb/ Spirit, thats up to 75% FCR. +7 Skills, so that matches up, but I would put a range of say, +6-+8 roll.

Rest is looking good. Big pipe dream, but it would be nice for some of these uniques, like Mang Songs, to really step up and rival the current meta options out there.

1 Like

update and explaine sry for my poor english :v:

1 Like

Agreed. I think a roll from +6-8 to skills and a roll from 70-80% FCR would make finding a near perfect Mang Song’s Lesson really exciting…

Mang Song’s Lesson
Archon Staff
Two-Hand Damage: 83 to 99
Required Level: 82
Required Strength: 34
+5 To All Skills
30% Faster Cast Rate
-7-15% To Enemy Lightning Resistance
-7-15% To Enemy Cold Resistance
-7-15% To Enemy Fire Resistance
Regenerate Mana 10%
50% Damage To Undead

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add +75 To Mana
    • Add All Resistances +15-25
    • Add Increase Max Mana 30%
    • Change All Skills from +5 to +6-8
    • Change Faster Cast from 30% to 70-80%
    • Change Required Level from 82 to 77
    • Change Enemy Lightning/Fire Resist from -7-15% to -15%
    • Change -7-15% To Enemy Cold Resist to +15% To Cold Skill Damage
2 Likes

I’d like to see Crushing Blow so it’s more worth it to use Arreats over GFace for Barb. Maybe not quite as much as GFace has since Arreats has so many other great stats, but it’s the Barb specific unique so having it edge GFace out for Barbs would be good, IMO. GFace has 35% CB and 15% DS, maybe give Arreat’s 10-20% CB?

If CB was a stat you could get on rare jewels that would be a cool thing to socket Arreats with too, IMO.

Arreats is also a pvp helmet maybe Deadly Strike will be the best of both world :slight_smile:

I can’t speak for PVP, since I haven’t done it in years, and never seriously, but for PVM between Gore Riders and Highlords already having big DS, and getting non-stacking CS from Mastery, it seemed like CB may have more value.

my change give you +30% Faster Run/Walk mean you have np and have the option to get Crushing Blow from Goblin Toe sadly i`m not the dev , btw dead runeword offer 50% Crushing Blow right ? 2 xdead you have 100% Crushing Blow

What about amulets or gloves?
It is Highlords and LoH. End.

How boring is that for melee?

not sure what you mean

what about the 80% too 128 % increase ias too ww, something that ask 80ias before ask now 125 mean 45% more ias where i`m suppose to get this ias ??? increase

this just open option too change gear and put attack rating or other lacking stats to some item , compare now all my gear is stuck with ias on socket with 0 build option , same with the druid

what a noob

I agree with this.

In a real game, any item that was in the top 3 rarest drops in the game would be BIS worthy. It shouldn’t be easily matched by an Occulus and shield which are a lot easier to find.

The trade off should be power vs defense.

This is a good thread because at the very least the devs should be buffing the top 10 - 15 elite uniques to make this ladder season VERY EXCITING!

2 Likes

Sounds good, updated OP accordingly.

We have been discussing and brainstorming potential buffs to uniques for over 4 months now and have compiled alot of good ideas from the community in the thread below. I don’t understand why the devs can’t take a handful of uniques (10 or so) and let us test in the PTR? If it doesn’t work out, they can simply revert the changes. But if the feedback is positive and well received by the community, they could roll the changes into next Season.

1 Like

Agreed. I had the impression pre-launch that the devs would be willing to take more risks because D2R is a live service game. And the thing were talking about here–which is buffing uniques- isn’t even a risk. All of the changes in your thread are completely balanced. They can copy paste all of them and it will only have a positive effect on the game.

They would just need to go over your thread and make simple excel sheet edits to 10 - 20 Elite Uniques. The whole process would take an hour or two and leave a drastic positive impact for years to come.

People will be farming for Mangs Song and Tyreal’s Might FOR HOURS AND DAYS, MONTHS, AND YEARS!

They will also be giving the botters more items to sell, and they can make more money on the accounts they ban.

It’s a win win for everyone.

2 Likes

That was my thought as well. We’ve had the community weigh-in on the proposed changes to uniques and think we have compiled a really solid list. All the developers need to do is implement and it would be such a drastic improvement for the game to have glory returned to such items as Tyrael’s Might, The Grandfather, Mang Songs’ Lesson, etc.

Please help support this effort with your voice here in the PTR feedback thread. Maybe with overwhelming support by the community, they would consider it…

1 Like

one or the other on valor and grandfather cant be running around with both of them on that would be insane
or valor and dual wielding gf’ers oh emmm geeee
honestly all gf really needs is that 40ias that would be enough
for the valor adding 100enhanced damage with always spawning 2 skills would be enough aswell because it does spawn eth it is a good armor eth
but it does need that ed to be a decent armor for melee besides just fort and eth toothrow

also one you did not mention but i will
barb two handers in this game
are the new throw barbs leap attack barbs etc
they literally destroyed an entire build by making it weak af
make steel pillar ethereal with more ed and ias
or ariocs with more ed sockets etc
add more range to spears
idk do something its ridiculus

1 Like