Season 4 - Buff 10 Nostalgic Uniques

Continuing the discussion from Season 3 - Buff 10 Nostalgic Uniques:

Fool’s + (16.5 Per Character Level) 16.5-1633.5 To Attack Rating / + (0.5 Per Character Level) 0.5-49.5 To Maximum Damage (Based On Character Level)

Someone mentioned above that the GF Sword was OP especially if used in conjunction with (modified)Arkaine’s Valor.
I’d say go crazy with the GF but add a unique caveat: Due to its sheer power this weapon can only be wielded 2h :muscle:

2 Likes

The problem with melee is the lack of flat AR

3 Likes

That’s actually a cool idea. That would be great if the devs could do something like that.

2 Likes

I really like the idea to add Fools mod to GF and can only be wielded 2h, and looks like we can go crazy and add all these buffs and don’t violate the 12 attribute limit as shown below…

The Grandfather
Colossus Blade
One-Hand Damage: (62-87) To (164-474)
Two-Hand Damage: (145-203) To (289-649)
Required Level: 81
Required Strength: 189
Required Dexterity: 110
+150-250% Enhanced Damage
+2-247 To Maximum Damage
+50% Bonus To Attack Rating
+80 To Life
+20 To All Attributes
Indestructible

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add Ethereal
    • Add 1-3 Open Sockets
    • Add 25% Chance Of Crushing Blow
    • Add 0.5-49.5 To Max Damage (0.5 Per Clvl)
    • Add 16.5-1633.5 To Attack Rating (16.5 Per Clvl)
    • Add 5% To Experience Gained
    • Change Life from +80 to +120
    • Change Required Level from 81 to 75
    • Change Enhanced Damage from 150-250% to 250-350%
2 Likes

Have y’all thought about adding drawbacks to rare uniques? Like + requirements or something of that nature. I feel that you could justify the stats on the grandfather with having 200 str required and 145 dex.

ie: Horizon’s Tornado
One-Hand Damage : (9-11) To (264-304)
Required Level : 64
Required Strength : 100
Required Dexterity : 62
Durability : 65
Mace Class - Fast Attack Speed
+230-280% Enhanced [Damage]
+50% Damage to [Undead]
+50% Increased Attack Speed
Slows Target By 20%
20% Chance To Cast Level 15 [Tornado] On Striking
Requirements -20%

Proposed Buffs:
10% cast level 1 blood mana when struck
50% faster cast rate
50% faster hit recovery
+3 to all skills
+20-30 to all resistances
increase maximum mana 10%
+2-3 tornado (druid only)
remove all melee aspects of weapon

The blood mana curse here comes from succubus. The user whenever they cast a spell are dealt damage. It fits well within lore because Horizon saw to grow his power through demonic magic. This new horizon’s tornado is strictly better than HOTO, but also comes with a potential to kill you that arguably is far worse than oculus chance to proc teleport. Hopefully I didn’t hijack this thread I just like theory crafting items that fit with lore and nostalgia.

2 Likes

Not at all, all ideas are welcome and like your idea about adding some potential debuffs that fit with lore and allows the proposed buffs to go above and beyond, while making the item truly unique. If you have more ideas, please share with the group.

BTW, we need keep the PTR thread below alive and kicking so the developers can actually SEE we want to see glory returned to uniques…

2 Likes

That’s a can of worms I won’t open yet :stuck_out_tongue: but I largely have similar notes as the ones in your original post. Maybe I will roll them out piece wise. Magic Finding would be so much more thrilling if these items were actually useful. Not to mention some have unique artwork that is truly beautiful.

1 Like

:point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2:

@pezradar

2 Likes

Arkaine’s Valor was a quest item drop in D1 iirc.

Arkaine’s Valor was a lot better in 1.07-1.08. As were some other items. Like Shako and Chromatic Ire, which both had huge life% increases.

The benefit of Tyrael’s is the fact there are no stat requirements to use it. Imagine +2 all skills 1400 def +30 all res armor with no str requirements. Any reason to use CoH would go out the window. I guess it would probably be cheaper. Tyrael’s is so rare as it is, if it was BIS for some classes, it would be out of reach for 99% of the player base. The only people that would have them would be RMTers and people who have carried their currency over 20 something seasons on jsp.

oh you wanted to remove the resistances. I see. Trading 30 resistance for +2 skills… not sure. I mean I like the idea.

I just think Tyrael’s especially should NOT be BIS for any class as long as people are using jsp and RMT

oh wait, i forgot what salvation did. they’d get even more resistance than CoH. I see. 75% on a perfect one.

Yeah it would be universally good. I can’t imagine the price tag it would have.

The devs also made Azurewrath and Shadowfang level 18-20 items. They rerolled Azurewrath but forgot about Shadowfang.

The devs should reroll Shadowfang as a new TC87 end game unique.

3 Likes

That would be epic, another solid TC87 unique end-game weapon. C’mon devs, please consider the ideas from your community.

2 Likes

Izual: We must stop at no cost to make sure that the demons at the hellforge do not complete Shadowfang!

Angel Warrior: But why sir?

Izual: it deals 10-30 cold damage

:imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

6 Likes

Sad, but so true…

I plan on rolling them out slowly but next TC87 item:

Stormspire
Giant thresher
Two-Hand Damage : (100-140) To (285-399)
Required Level : 70
Required Strength : 188
Required Dexterity : 140
Polearm Class -Fast Attack Speed
150-250% Enhanced Damage
Adds 1-237 Lightning Damage
2% Chance To Cast Level 20 Charged Bolt When Struck
5% Chance To Cast Level 5 Chain Lightning When Struck
30% Increased Attack Speed
Lightning Resist +50%
+10 To Strength
Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 27
Indestructible

Proposed item:
100% Chance To Cast Level 40 Charged Bolt When Struck
10% Chance To Cast Level 40 Chain Lightning When Struck
-50% enemy lightning resist
Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 500
Lightning absorb +15-25
Requirements -30%
Indestructible

Lore/Reasoning:
Stormspire is a giant thresher that clearly draw it’s design approach from lightning rods. In this way I wanted the item to introduce an entirely new way to play ES sorc. You teleport into a mob of melee hitters with the intent of getting hit. Very dangerous playstyles need to be rewarded with good returns. And I believe this accomplishes that.

1 Like

I agree with the fundamentals of your post as of buffing unused uniques. But i believe some of these items are not buffed enough. Lets use Tyraels Might as an example.

Add a descent amount of magic find and +1 to teleport on top of what you already suggested, basically make it a better version of Enigma. Since teleport are essential to most builds and Tyraels Might are much harder then Enigma to gain.

It does not make sense to buff it, if not buff it enough so people will actually use it over a easier to get item. Basically make this, it’s the rarest most hard item to find in the game that very few people will have the chance to use. Don’t be afraid to make it strong!

Tyrael’s Might
Sacred Armor
Defense: 1322-1502
Required Level: 84
Required Strength: None
+3 To All Skills
+1 To Teleport
Level 1-5 Salvation Aura When Equipped
Level 1-5 Cleansing Aura When Equipped
+150-200% Enhanced Defense
+200-250% Damage To Demons
+50% Faster Run/Walk
+30 To All Attributes
Cannot Be Frozen
100% Better chance to find magic items.
Requirements -100%
Indestructible

1 Like

I would really love to see +1 teleport on T Might. Being one of the rarest and most iconic drops It think itd be cool for it to have a 2nd source of +tp

1 Like

For once we agree +1

1 Like

Lol I literally skipped to the bottom and didnt see your post, This is an idea ive thought about for a while

Neither of you are the first to propose buffs like this. I don’t wish to speak for @charlesJT but I for one don’t want to see tyraels might as Enigma 2.0. We already have enigma, can we leave it alone. I like having tyraels might occupy its own niche thats still useable for some builds. With the changes proposed EVERYONE will be running the blue armor. It’s too much.

lol, no, everyone will not be running the blue armor no matter how much it is buffed.

I think you are not realizing how incredibly rare and hard to find this armor are. Even if it’s the most mega op armor in the game and best in slot piece for literally all builds that exists. Very few people will still use it due to it’s rarity.

Most people that have played this game on and off for many years still have not found a Tyraels Might, that’s how incredibly rare it is.

I am gonna go so far to say that you even making such a statement as “With the changes proposed EVERYONE will be running the blue armor.” Shows that you know too little about the game for your sugestions to ever be taken seriously.

1 Like