Right then! Lets talk 2.4 Mercenaries and Frenzy Barbs. Please input

So, generally - we have the following. Please input as i have done little to no testing, and im desperado to get away from A2 borefest.

Act 1 archer, freezing arrow and Faith. Faith gives level 15 fana and a raft of imporvements for the mercenary (ignore defense, massive damage increase, fana self aura, so on). Level 15 fana would give the following to you, the player character frenzy barb:

144% enhanced damage
110% AR (aw yis)
33% IAS.

Bloody impressive i would say. Also, i believe insight can now be made in bows should someone want to rock 2x stormlash like a badasssssss. My question is: Does it jsut die all the time, and does it kill enemies as fast as an a2 merc?

Onto act 2, which is begining to make me nausous. I desperately want to get rid of this guy but hes just so dang good.

Probably the best suite of weapons available. Definitely the best auras available. Possibley highest damage and arguably best survivability.

Might can achieve skill level 20+ and easily provides the following:
220% ED ish. Boom.

Itemisation is simple. Leech and resist are easy to max. Insight for stormlash, doom for holy freeze, decrepify stick is absoutely pwn, and there are a whole raft of cheapo weapons available. lets not forget the upped kelpie for insane stackable slow for those difficult to kill SEMs.

Act 3. Garbage in my eyes. Wont bother. If only the lightning one would actually cast static. Git.

Act 5. Yay! 2x 1 hand swords, which can include Lawbringer, Oath, Last Wish if you are bill gates, headstriker, grief, so on, so on, so on. BUT no bloody auras. You basically cant have might or fana unless you have bottomless funds - you just arent going to get those runes. You can however equip arreats, have a large life pool, pwn loads of damage and run really fast alongside the frenzy player, which is ultra cool.

Act 5 merc i covet you so, but life without Might is going to be difficult.

So, what will you choose? What would you choose? And has anyone had any positive or negative experience with a Faith Act 1 merc? In truth, my only remaining barbarian just died in hell on HC so i can no longer test :smiley:

Roll on ladder :slight_smile:

I wish all my Barbarian brothers all the best in the coming ladder season. And hope for good health for you and yours.

1 Like

I actually like act5 frenzy merc very much! He is an awesome tank. I sometimes wonder how will act2 merc survive the apocalypse that is laid upon act5 one when I leave him surrounded by enemies. Iron skin ability helps to shrug off attacks for sure.

One question I have is: Does act5 mercs have some health regeneration effect? I sometimes notice they heal up in healthbar without lifeleech. If all mercs do I suspect act5 ones have stronger regeneration then?

2 Likes

Their base regeneration is the highest among all mercs. He is the only merc I am not afraid he is going to die from poison.

1 Like

Yeah I am playing selffound currently, but been lucky to drop Guardian angel, Kira guardian, then got Hexfire, Djinn slayer for him.

He got 95% fireres, 90 otherres, 4 lightabsorb.

He was standing and getting hit by around 20 lightning mages in Stony tombs, which 2 of was boss packs and he was like “Me like to swing swing swords, me dont care about world”. His health moved slightly down.

2 Likes

right now my frenzy barb have a frenzy merc with dual unbending will duriel shell and tal mask.

hes rocking my world baby he die sometime when overwhelmed but hes tanky has f