Reworking wolf druid

after sundering charms the game is already screwed over so why not.

here are some changes that don’t break the game 1/10th as much as what those charms did

so lets BUFF THE WOLF LIKE CRAZY.
because apparently absolutely breaking builds is something we’re doing now

so here we go:

Werewolf no longer has a duration…
no longer turns to humans between acts
removal of restitution of all skills not being castable in wolf form, except elemental skill tree, but still allowing hurricane and armaggeddon)
( aka allows teleporting without making every ele druid run wolf for extra hp and faster FCR breakpoints)
instead the lycanthropy skill add +5% damage as well as life and also starts at 20%

“feral rage”
now takes 5 swings to reach max spin, rather than 4% life leech per swing ( which makes higher numbers take 20+ swings)
now properly follows tool tip, gaining 4% per level instead of 4% only on even levels and nothing on odd
now has a visual indicator when duration is ending soon

rabies:
duration no longer scales per lvl
new synergy added with dire wolf also at 18%
monster who die with rabies still have the plague on thier corpse for 2 seconds

Hunger
removed mana cost
-75% base damage + -2% per per lvl
( lvl 20 would be -35% damage)

Fury
can now be toggled to not randomly hit and send all 5 hits to targeted enemy.
is now properly coded to be match skill description of being uninterruptible (like every other multihit skill in the game is)

Spirit of barbs (rework)
remove current skill effects
now gives affected enemies -20% physical resist + -5% per lvl
now gives affect enemies -10% poison resist and + -3% per lvl

can have all 3 spirits out at once

1 Like

Fury wolf pvm is already insanely op with cheap rw like edeath. Highest melee physical dps.

That said I’m all for QoL improvements like further expandin the ability to casting buffs in wolf forms like BO and teleport.

i thought about using death last season, i went for cranium basher instead, did u go for zerker or decapitator/ glorious axe? also are u using fort or treachery… whats your breakpoint.
( i know it’s offtopic but i considered using death last season)
and i guess its “last season” in more than 1 ways >.>

( ahh it seems like you can hit 5 frame fury with less than 30 non wep ias from both 3 handers and less than 50 ias for zerker)

still curoius what your using though

Using edeath decap and fort. Prior to getting fort was using duress.

On p1 duress vs. fort is not even noticeable, everything gets melted.

Just using reapers on might merc. Really useful for PIs.

are u using anglics and chammed jalals? or are u using highlords and raven.
what do u do for AR? if your using highlords and ravens?

i prefer act 3 fire merc with enchant, plague, flickering flame, ormus ( yes that works on him) and lidless

he enchants my pack ( which i use 2x spirit on offhand to get to lvl 8+) and they deal plenty of fire damage, he has goes a good job of fireballing all those tiny spawned minions so i can focus my fury on the larger monsters.

but i guess for the most part deaths glicial spike does that too

still curious what your dong for AR

I think there is 0 reason why wolf/bear form should have a timer.
it should be toggle-able, changing should cost mana, with infinite duration.

And I would rework lycantropy to add something , like % damage reduce and then a specific to either form, like crushing blow to bear and open wounds to wolf or whatever.

I use highlords and ravens and some sharp gcs and some dex/ar scs. Also a rare ring with AR, leech and some resist. My AR is about 12-13k if i remember correctly (on the road right now so cant login to check) which is good enuff for me.

For Fury Wolf you just need one Weapon - Ribcracker. It’s enough for passing Nightmare. Then upp Rib and you can passing Hell.

i mean we are talking about endgame builds here in a multiplayer setting. not “what it takes to beat the game”
you don’t even need a ribcracker to beat the game… u can do it with much less now that 2.4 fixed attack speed scaling.

no physical damage melee build is going to remotely keep up with killing stuff in an 8 player game with casters in it… not even before sundering charms. if we keep wolf the same.

and what im asking for wont even come close to changing that.

but if they decide to give melee sundering charm an AOE splash it might be doable