Remove Orb Delay

not if you remove the delay, it’s way too powerful, you don’t even need synergies with Frozen orb it’s so powerful, if you remove it’s delay there is no other skill you can use that is stronger even without synergies.

I use FO as a hybrid add on skill with Hydra now. I can tell you, it’s NOTICEABLY weaker than any fire skill. And it’s no where near the dmg of nova or nova with infinity. FO is just weak and slow. Also, I really want to try a pure FO Sorc. I haven’t seen a good one yet, because, no one is running that. It needs some work for sure. Maybe they can test it with what I mentioned and if the dmg is too high, they just rework it into dmg over time.

Everything is weak compared to Blizzard. FO wirhout the syn slaughters enemies.

Try druid, barb, etc with only decent gear lol.

But ofc sorc needs even more god like skills. How many players choose sorc at ladder start? 95%?

Definitely the class that needs massive buffs.

I legit just did FO with regular gear, nothing crazy. It takes quite a bit of time in baal/chaos runs. I’m just not seeing where you are getting the overpowered from. Also, people pick sorc because of teleport and safety/utility. If zons had teleport off the bat, or pallys did, people would be MUCH less likely to roll sorcs at start. I will concede that druids and barbs need way more dmg added to skills.

Try barb or amazon (not java) with your decent gear and do baal runs. Please. FO does very well in players1 without the use of any synergy. In open field, FO is not slower than Blizzard both at full spec, because FO is much more mobile and Bliizard does not always hit.

I would just half the delay. Spamming Orb is a bit much, but the current delay is holding it back.

2 Likes

He’s spewing the same thing over and over again in most topics that talk about buffing sorc skills.

Ignore him and move on.

3 Likes

Are you targeting me? I have been replying to Fredi in multiple threads as well. Should we ignore Fredi now?

Removing casting delay for ORB just means increasing its DPS almost 4 times, from 0.83 casts/s to 3.13 casts/s (for 105 FCR), so not a good idea. I suggest to join discussion and check my post in this topic - Frozen Orb needs a buff - #24 by Majesty-1216

If they buff sorc damage more I request Java buff. Hammerdin is getting so weak too.

This would not be a good change for other classes, as it would make Hybrid Sorceresses too powerful and defeat the purpose of making any character other than Sorceress… Every character should have a weakness and the Sorceresses weakness is that Pure Elemental sorcs struggle with immune monsters and Hybrid Elemental builds have an easier time against immunities, but don’t have quite the same clear-speed… This is a fundamental concept in D2R…

If you think this is balanced, then please also encourage the devs to remove all cooldowns from Fire Druid also… I want to be able to cast volcanos at 4-5 frame speed, rather than waiting 4 seconds every time…

“volcano needs to be buffed, and I think removing the delay is perfect” - this logic is good, yes?

The casting delays are there for a reason… This patch isn’t meant to be about buffing skills that are already “meta” and are used in a wide range of common builds…

The Patch should be about making under-utilised skills at least semi-unsable, so a new player to D2R doesn’t build a character only to discover it is completely unplayable…

1 Like

I totally agree, but there is still Hammerdin. He does not have that kind of weakness, right? I would love to see more Magic Immune monsters in lvl 85 areas :slight_smile:

Well at least the Hammerdin’s arn’t asking for more buffs, the same way that sorceresses are asking for more buffs to FO :rofl:

By the way Majesty, read you post of suggestions for ways to buff FO… You suggestions at least have some logic and reasoning behind them. Your suggestions would be much more balanced than what a lot of other people keep suggesting (to simply remove the cooldown on FO)…

1 Like

Increase synergie to 4% and add new synergies from Blizzard and Chilling Armor.

1 Like

Hi KosmO, I responded to your suggestion in other topic - Hydras are OK! Time for Frozen ORB! - #7 by Majesty-1216

“The later patches in D2 that involved synergies really nerfed frozen orb. While it was the orginal cool looking/dominant spell, it had become a weak brittle old man of a skill.” Google slapped me :open_mouth:

Buff it to blizzard levels of dmg with 1 synergy, why not let’s go.

FO just sucks a big one in multiplayer games. You basically can’t kill anything.

I remember the old days when the Frozen Orbs blotted out the screen.

It was a…disappointment when FO was given cast delay. But at the same time, so so much damage from layering Frozen Orbs atop one another. Butif you similarly gear a Meteorb or Firewall/Orb or even Fireball/Orb as you would Blizzard with some -fire res gear and facets or cold facets instead, you can still demolish more than enough… In Players 1-3.

You have never play a class that was not OP did you?

Play a Magezon in Hell, even at P1 lol…then come back and rant about how bad FO is.
FO is extremely strong even without 1 point into synergy. Ofc you need mastery on a decent level, since that is the strongest boost FO has.

Or maybe try some other char that is NOT a Blizzard, Hammerdin or Java.