RED X DELETED: Geared Li Soso 91, played since launch

Fine. I can absolutely agree with everything that aggrieved users stated about their character deletion HERE: Accidental delete of character - #102 by Rhetoa-1477

Literally tens of hours have been lost due to accidental characted deletion.

Especially:

• gear: griffon + freshly bought facet (which never experienced giving dmg. Bought facet, quit and deleted character), viper, crafter caster amu 9 fcr +1 soso sk 15 allrez + more good stats, 2 spirits on hand, 164% FCR. Active teleporter sosa on baal hell.
  • time: played since launch on alternate days.
  • stash: full of keys from countess and summoner.

Why this happened to me: due to weariness of all day working programme (mentally working).

As LOTS OF PLAYERS object to character deletion being so easy, it’d be really, REALLY attentive to everyone who has paid money for the game.

Some may object this low gear and lvl is achievable again in the same time which is less than a month. But the motivation to do it again? None.

The problem is that people aren’t like in the old times. It is really not easy to create a baal hell run game and to expect that at least 100 games continuously will be no problem. Like I said, I was the one in charge of teleporting, otherwise those lazy sosas (with a few exceptions which I am truly grateful for) NEVER TELEPORT, just stay in Harrogath and then in a second everyone just disconnects due to their own laziness. Lower Kurast farmers etc. instead - no comment.

With that gear, you might die when teleporting. The problem is that no one will EVER help you get your body back, which means you as a fool provide transport to Throne for everybody and they aren’t even grateful to that extent to be willing to help you and rather disconnect when there is no TP (because you died) and leave you alone in a game where your body is in a group of monsters outside the town. Clap, clap, clap.

Thus you die sometimes, need to relog and simply need to repeat e.g. 5-10 baal runs (depending on the level) to get back to your previous exp amount.

One of the conclusions is DO NOT PLAY WHEN TIRED. The brain leans more on automated processes to save energy normaly spent on thinking. Blizzard is so big a company that should already know this psychology. Leaving the visible red X to delete character is just a proof of their disinterest, and a proof that they are probably making this game for themselves, not for the end players.

Another disinterest is that they do not restore deleted characters, nor try to prevent deleting them - mods said they did not forward the objections to the game UI up. No hope they read general discussion.

Drakuloth

148 posts

Customer Support

13d

Reposting this/locking thread. While everybody’s feedback is entirely understandable, this isn’t the right place for it and we don’t forward this type of feedback since this forum is focused on tech issues.

Dear Drakuloth, the UI works perfect, but the way it was designed is just bad. Let all your Blizzard colleagues know.

I am accepting in game donations of any kind :smiley:

Or you know what? Blizzard may now compete with another time-consumers that try to attract me. And I am happy to say yes to MBA studies instead of playing this “WELL DESIGNED” game, as mod Drakuloth stated.

EU SERVERS: I am also trying to compile a group of people, friend that will be going a stable private baal hell runs where people will be helpful and bh will be teleported quickly and killed even more quickly. Preferably 90+. MY NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS IS HERE.

1 Like

They know and listened. There is a pinned thread from today that says they are changing the Delete function to be less likely to accidentally be used.

GENERAL

• Improvements to character deletion to help users from accidentally deleting their characters.

STABILITY AND PERFORMANCE

• Various crash/stability fixes
1 Like

Aye man I will join your baal runs. Ill rush you on my sorc so you can get back up on your feet. Respond to me and Ill add you. (I think I was the first person ever to post on the forums after accidently deleting there character.)

Cool. It would be really stupid if they just did not repair this malfunction. Maldesign. Psycho.

This does absolutely not change my attitude, because it is not players’ fault that they deleted their characters. The game needs to be player friendly, not player hostile. Even a tired player friendly.

The Blizzard should restore that accidentally deleted characters. That would be a customer-friendly attitude. Instead, they just don’t care.

damn it never stops. more every day.

i read somewhere that theyre changing it very soon.
sorry you had to become part of that statistic

It’s not that they don’t care. Once you hit delete (and confirm), your character is gone.

It literally doesn’t exist for them to restore.

Its little bit hard to understand how you managed to do it when game ask you if you want to it but but i guess it can happen when you are really tired.

Sorry for your loss tho :frowning: i know the feeling as HC player.

These threads always confuse me as well.

My best advice is to learn to love the escape key if you are always in a hurry to get where you are going in the menus.

use the escape key to leave the game at the character select screen. i did the same to my lvl 44 pally, he had hot spurs and nothing more, thankfully.

does anybody know what they changed? I saw that they addressed this issue in the patch notes but it wasn’t specific. I’m not at home at the moment.

hasn’t gone live on pc, ps5, or switch yet

Dont know whats wrong with this deleters. Normally you close the game with ESC…

What are they supposed to do ppl who delete their characters ? There is a BIG BRACKETED BUTTON THAT SAYS “EXIT DIABLO II”. What else do you need honestly ? if i were to delete my character, i sure wouldn’t come here complaining about it. I would keep it to myself and feel stupid. You can even exit with just pressing esc as mentioned above. Honestly the audacity you guys have, to come here complaining that blizzard needs to do something about this is baffling. And how is it that you find the tiny red x and not the big ducking button.

For people using controllers it’s as simple as pressing two buttons on accident.

Most people deleting their characters did it by simply “picking up” the controller.

Blizzard did a stupid thing making it so easy to delete characters.

It’s as easy to delete a character for controller users as drinking a potion.

Have you NEVER accidentally drank a potion?

I don’t know man, i just don’t know. I just came home from a nightshif, played a bit and probably going to sleep, still can’t believe that someone does this and then cries on the forum, when i’m sure thousand of ppl can manage controller just fine, be it on pc xbox etc. I sometimes check the forum wheter there’s a blue post on updates or etc and then i come across reports like this. And then he writes about psychilogy that goes into the red x.

( Might be tougher on xbox i’m not aware of that, but still. cmon.)

Edit: Blizzard should know the psychology that goes into this, made my day. good night.

RIP.

This should have been hotfixed within hours of the first reported incidents.