Radament Skill Book Lost

Nightmare Act 2 Quest 1. Killed Radament, my inventory was full so I couldn’t pick up the skill book, went back to town to sell items and the game crashed. I went back to killed Radament again but no skill book dropped. Seems like an issue from back in classic D2.

Is my character forever gimped by 1 skill point?

9 Likes

I’m currently in nightmare and am now realizing I never picked up the book when I killed in normal. Is there any way to get the book to drop and get the skill point back?

I’m no totally sure but i still answer, I think you can talk to Atma and get the skillpoint.

I have the same issue where I didn’t get it in normal. Previously (original D2) you could go with a different character and transfer it or go with a group to get it again. Currently it let’s you complete the quest without it and will not let you pick it up again even if you haven’t used one. My character now has a permanent loss of a skill point. Games how old? Makes you lose faith some times, you know?

Lost my skill book as well and i didn’t even kill Radament. Was in the middle of killing him and i lost connection during the fight, logged back in and it said “talk to Atma for reward” Guess my mercenary killed him while i wasn’t even in the game. Went back to kill him and he didn’t drop the skill book.

Happened to me just now, disconnected before i could pick up the book …
Killing him again didnt redrop it. had to finish the quest without the reward :stuck_out_tongue:

the skill reward should have been triggered by the quest ending and not the item dropped since this edge case can happen when even “online” solo game can disconnect at any time.

since this is a permanent disadvantage that cant be undone, it really sucks.

does not work. skill point is lost for good without reading the book.

Just lost my skill book on hell . I received the error “connection interrupted” right after the Radament was killed. Tried going back and killing him again … no book. This game is becoming more and more of a disappointment

1 Like

It also happened to me in hell today. I killed Radamesh, skill book dropped and due to error battlenet the game crash and I am without a skill book. Is it already treated in some way, or did the character lose 1 skill point for good?

1 Like

Got blasted by FE radament after kill, I just saved & exit and book was lost.

But after couple tries, the skill got reset and I just killed him again.

This happened to me as well. But I was able to go to lobby and create new game. Upon entering new game the quest was active again and was able to go kill Radamant and get the book. Hope this helps.

Just stubled across this thread, after having had the same problem and actually managed to get the skill book back (despite the quest shows ‘completed’)

The solution was to join someones game who had just started Act 2 and help him fight Radament. Once the big bad mummy dies again, everyone (myself included) got their skillbook.

Hope this helps anyone who’s still missing their free skill point.

1 Like

Aight so this happened to me now on singleplayer. I didn’t know about the bug, so having teleported to Radament and died at the same time as him I figured I’d be better off just leaving the game and teleporting back in.

Mind you this was done on a paladin so I couldn’t just teleport there again.

Now I didn’t pick the book and killing him again didn’t grant me any, talking to atma does nothing either. So I suppose now Im gonna be down one skill forever since I cannot join somebody else online with my singleplayer character.

Please halp developers, fix this!

1 Like

Just happened to me too. Reflexively saved and quit to avoid dying to poison because I was out of potions just a second after killing Radamant. No skill book on second kill even though I never picked it up the first time.

Ok, so I tried to go back and kill Radamant again. The first and second time I killed him I talked to Atma first. Don’t do that because it completes your quest. If you save and quit and go back to kill Radamant he should drop the book as long as it shows your quest isn’t completed. So the third kill worked for me because it showed the quest as incomplete.

1 Like