Rabies... thanks for letting me test it

based on the “wolves” character its clear u want us to test rabies

bramble and greif and trang gloves are perfect for endgame rabies build.

so i did

and its just as bad as i remember on live

even the basic attacks said character has is better by swinging the grief

i REALLY hopes this means there are some changes to rabies coming because i would LOVE for that

it also proves the point that we need some non charm inventory space added.

even with perfect gear and maxed charms this seems terrible

i am excited to see what u have in store for it

This is not the balance pach PTR. This is the database and server PTR.

Shh, nobody knows yet, lol!

Some people have very short memory. Or don’t pay enough attention, idk, but it’s annoyeing.

2 Likes

rabies is one of those godly pvp skills, maybe the best melee skill the game

yup same guys can’t figure out how to make infinty gonna rebalance this game… nice!

How would rabies make you happy with the skill then? I don’t see it being useful unless you copy the necro’s poison nova which deals insane damage over 2 seconds. So you want to copy that?

Youre the kind of guy that will never going to stop pointing out that one little mistake, what was remedeed fast. No one can make mistakes right? No one can get pushed to their limits, to make a little tripp. I guess you never made mistakes ever, probably you’re not even human, because that is something only humans are capable of. And humans have that ability to, think about things more deeply, and show some emphaty. You just gloat all you want Mr. Perfect, we mortals are here to entertain you whit our goofyness.

i wish i was perfect but i’m not

that has nothing to do with having the sufficient knowledge required to be making balance adjustments to a classic game. look at those characters man they have no idea what’s going on here or what is even good.

I know lol. At least read what’s being tested before you activate your salty tears. I found the Ber Mal Ber Ith “Infinity” funny as hell :laughing:

yup they are testing server stuff so hopefully we can use the chat feature more often in game and stuff like that

in the process of doing so they accidently showed their hand on how clueless they are of this game. my only hope is they had someone completely different who basically really does nothing on the d2r team create a bunch of character files at the last minute. that guy was like um ive never heard of this game before so they came up with this stuff based on never playing the game.

that’s what i HOPE is happening here. ovviously whoever did it should have zero input into any balance changes taking place in 2.4.

Ok be critical that’s not bad. But don’t only concentrate on the things that can be bad. Give your opinion on and feedback on those things loudly, and provide solutions for those. But some times see what was done right, and also give feedback on that. The team needs positive feedback, so we can have a good remaster going. If we poke them, and make fun of them, for each mistake, whit that attitude we will not have a good experience.

Btw. Whit 10 years experience in my field of work, I can still make rookie mistakes, under high pressure. It it’s not very frequent, but when it comes it comes from all sides. What is different between me and a rookie than? I know how to handle that, if I make that kind of mistake, and know how to fix it quickly, and properly. I will get echoes of it, but hey, i’m only human.

ok i get that, and yes anyone can make mistakes that is part of being human. I see a separate issue here which is lack of knowledge in general though. it is ok to be lacking knowledge, we all start there, but that is not the correct time to be making fine tuning adjustments to the system.

Rabies also appears to still be bugged online. I’ve made a topic about this on the bug forum and also in the PTR bug forum. What I think is happening is that the character sheet shows the synergy, but the synergy itself is not applying to the skill. Thus the damage is lackluster since all you’re getting is the rabies with no synergy.

At least I think that is what is happening, could be another bug entirely.

yes… we know but based on the gear… and the skill points… everything points to them wanting to test rabies.

i dont think they are going to not give us the same lvl 99 chars when they load the 2.4 patch to the ptr… so looking at the current build gives a sort of insight to what we can be expected to test.

trang gloves +25% poison damage
bramble + 25-50% poison damage
and greif - poison resist

are key items in all rabies builds in

and with rabies maxed… it kinda dumb to NOT assume its going to get changes in 2.4

the infinity mistake was actually one of the least nooby things I saw on those characters. The choice of items did not seem odd to you on those characters?

Have thought about them as just placeholders, for the new runewords, and item changes? But I guess you haven’t thought in to it, just hopped on the bashing train, heading straight to makeing the devs look badville. All the skills choosen implies that these template chars will be in the 2.4 tests. And no one said you can’t change anything on these characters, you have a char filled whit respec tokens. We don’t know their intentions, but asumeing instantly that they f-ed up, is the worst attitude I have met in a community.

yeah, well … well guess who was giving blizzard more credit about rational thought than they deserved

ITS ME EVERYONE!!!