Queues: An ETA would be nice, a permanent fix would be awesome!

Ok so I am not a programmer or dev, but is this “Legacy” D2 code so old they cant event add an in-game notification , banner, or New temporary error message to replace the Generic one? I have read that post, and its coming up on 2 weeks old.

Up until last night I’ve been OK with my experience in the game. Even considering some of the odd crashes and yes, the queuing I’ve experienced–which for me isn’t remotely as bad as some folks have it.

However, last night I hopped on to do a few MF runs before shutting things down for the night and was met with “Connection Interrupted” after “Connection Interrupted”. This happened in a couple games and I got a little annoyed. At the end, I ended up dying and quitting out 3 times in a row and finally said screw this and shut it down.

I like to think I’ve been exceptionally patient with how things have been going, but that doesn’t mean I think things are being handled in an acceptable fashion. It’s well past the point where we should be receiving regular updates about progress on fixes, release/testing schedules, etc…

I’m pretty close to saying screw this game for now and I’ll revisit it in a couple months, maybe. I just don’t have the patience to deal with this anymore and my free time is at a premium. I’d rather run through Game of Thrones for a 6th time vs deal with this nonsense for the foreseeable future.

1 Like

Sadly, it’s never that simple. There is an old analogy, “You fix one thing, only to break another.” In this case, it’s more like fix one thing, break everything else.

…but yeah…to the original point, they should find a better way of communicating any updates.
Push notifications/alerts?
Maybe add more information on the queue box?

I was in the same boat last night at around 5PM pacific. Running cows, saw them suddenly freeze, I thought “Oh shi…” Disconnected. “Your character is already in a game.” Quit playing for a bit, came back later and found my sorc dead. Luckilly playing softcore.

Things are getting progressively worse. :sob:

Yeah. I was doing some casual play with some friends on console a little earlier in the night closer to the time you were on and was seeing some pretty severe lag there as well.

We hadn’t seen ANY lag issues on console up until that point.

What do mvps get out of carrying blizzard’s water free of charge?

Green text and the MVP tag, and also people badgering them about it.

They’re players just like everyone else.

1 Like

You have no time to play if you posted as much as mister cheetah. We all know what MVPs are, they are people who are willing to carry blizzard’s water for free. People saw through the mvp system the day it was created. Its no coincidence that they started firing CMs shortly after it was implemented.

Keep on trolling, the end is near.

Well, they give an ETA everytime launch a new game. Why not give an estimated deadline for the total solution of the problems, including expressing whether or not they will disable the queues in the future? Makes no sense to me.

If they don’t meet the deadline people get upset. I honestly don’t think they KNOW how long this is going to take. I would rather they do it right instead of end up wiping all our progress by touching the database in a bad way.

They need to upgrade from Office 95 to at LEAST office 2010.

That’s exactly why there are scheduled maintenances, where the game is taken offline for a few hours to test changes and if it’s everything ok to implement them without affecting the database.

I mean, most of guys here will be happy to have game offline for some hours if know there’s a chance to fix and disable this queue, for example.

If they want to do this right, they are going to need a lot more than that. Like recording a 24 hour sample of the live data before the queues then throwing that at a stand along test database to see if it falls over. Etc.

I would not touch the Live side until they are VERY sure the fixes are ok. + I would have backups of course.

That is just me though. I am not a DB expert of any sort. Just super cautious when it comes to data intake, processing, storage, and retrieval. Especially when it is across multiple platforms and regions. Whatever they do has to work not just for PC, but for all the various Consoles too.

I think you’re overestimating this community. Another group will come in howling about it and then if the fix doesn’t work 100% it’ll be ridiculed by both groups.

which was them istake to begin with.

shut servers down, fix issue, launch servers again.

you’d actually gte LESS backlash doign that then by adding queues.

blizzard be open to communciating progress?
/ laugh

I agree it was their mistake. A BIG mistake.

We are not talking an hour or 8 hours. We are talking a lot of coding and testing time to fix the core data handling of the game.

I disagree though that taking it down for a month or more to fix it would be ok. We have queues and game timers but personally I prefer to actually play still. Esp if they don’t screw up and nuke our current data when they do the database fixes.

Tomorrow will be two weeks since PezRadar’s detailed post about what is going on. Hoping for an update soon!