Question on runeword melee weapon

So I tried to craft Obedience using a 5 socketed war ax, and apparently one handed war axes are not melee weapons?? How so?? What am I missing here? It did not produce the Obedience rune word weapon. What went wrong? I am lvl 80 barbarian, ps4. What a huge waste of runes and time, but damn that sucks I don’t have the weapon I really wanted and need. Drops have been garbage forever it seems and I’ve had to work hard to get as far as I am. I’m in hell-kurast and still having a hard time even defeating elites solo. Trying relentless to get better weapons, but this really set me back.

2 Likes

Obedience is only for 5s polearms.

How so if the recipe calls for “polearm, melee weapon”?

Where are you reading that?

On arreat summit, the official blizz d2 guide page, it says “polearms”

I wish I knew how to post a pic. Wowheaddotcom

So with the release of d2r searches for items and diablo 2 related things have increased a lot. Websites are looking to capitalize on this. Many of these websites are written by people that dont actually know what they are talking about… If it says polearms, melee weapons that seems like a poor choice of words and they either made a mistake, or they meant polearms, melee as in polearms are melee weapons.

Anyway if i want to know for sure i always check arreat summit

1 Like

Well, thanks for the help. I’ll be letting them know how bad they screwed me.

What platform are you on ?

PS4 console. Here is my 20 characters…

Ah… If you were on xbox i was going to give you those runes you used. Good luck though, those runes are fairly common so you shouldnt have much trouble getting them back after a bit of slaying

This is the first time any recipe has not worked, I do think it’s possible someone effed it up. I wished they were that common, the rarest rune Ive farmed was the Ko. The FAl was gifted to me.

Aaaaand now the weapon just disappeared in front of us…… blizzard needs to unscrew themselves

Ok, to make matters mores interesting I dropped it to show my bro in party w me, he looks at it, drops it, it disappears. WTF?

I lost my steeldriver for my Druid the same way, it just disappeared… like… WTAF BLIZZARD?!?!!

Polearms are a weapon class type . Cryptic axe, colossus voluge and pole axes so forth. Much like sword weapon class would include crystal swords, bastard swords, colossus blades etc.