Question about grinding in the early game

This looks great!!! Thanks for your incredibly informative (and extensive) reply to my thread!! I am currently a level 20 sorceress, with my main skills in fireball, with a side of frost nova to slow some enemies down. I am farming/grinding the second level of the catacombs, looking for better gear and such, though I know that the good stuff comes later. Now I am just looking for experience points and maybe a good item. The reason I am playing that second level of the catacombs is because it has a waypoint in it, and I can clear it rather quickly. I was told by another player that it would be more experience and gear lucrative to grind on the lower levels, which is what I am about to do.

You waste time there at level 20, just progress further, its usualy good to really stop and repeat act 5 last quest for some decent loot for Nightmare.

Btw, check my guide, it might help you in many ways.

Understood. The enemies on floor 2 pose little threat, so yes I agree. Have I passed the point where I would now get an experience point penalty? Tonight I will play the rest of the catacombs, to see what comes next!! I heard that the loot on the lower levels is a bit better than what I have had so far with my character. My magical staff is decent. I have some money in my stash, maybe I should try my hand at gamblingā€¦? Never tried it, and am curious as to what I find!!