PTR balance review & patch direction suggestion

1. Nec damage and division.
    Bone spirit is the skill that division is 16 and bone spear is 8.
    It’s very unfair and one of the main reason bone spirit has become so powerful in pvp.
    You need to change the skill division between Bone Spirit and Bone Spear.
    This will alleviate some of the absurdity of druid vs nec, and will slightly reduce the strength of the necromancer in other PvP games.
    But in PvM, bone series skills are too weak (except corps explosion).
    I hope you find a direction to adjust in PvP while upgrading the bone series skills in PvM.
    Alternatives can be to reorganize the curse skill or increase the magic damage penalty in PvP.

2. Druid utility
    Druid have a good skill set but the problem is that the utility is too bad.
    It’s too hard to raise fast hit recovery and fast cast rate.
    The number required to raise them must be appropriately adjusted.
    Keep those speed, but reduce the number of items needed to increase speed.
    PvP and PvM both need this.

3. Paladin charge skill nerf
    Paladin’s charge skill is only a means of transportation in PvM.
    But in PvP, it’s only a disaster for Barbarians and Assassins.
    Defense and block rate should be reduced when activating the charge skill.

4. buff the Druid in Transformation state.
    Transform Druids have been abandoned in PvM and PvP.
    Additional balance patch are required for attack speed, movement speed, and skills.

5. Normalization of fast hit recovery
    The stun system is not considered in PvM.
    This is a system that is only used in PvP, and touching it will ruin all the balance.
    Even now, compared to the old version, the stun system has been greatly nerfed.

6. Amazon character fast cast rate frame change
    Amazon characters, like druids, require too much to increase their fast cast rate.
    It is appropriate to lower the number required to raise the frame rather than raising the frame itself.
    Keep the cast speed same, but reduce the items needed to increase the speed.

7. Adjustments to pheonix shield runeword.
    The runeword pheonix have 40% fire storm when strike.
    This became a problem because the character freezes when this conditional skill is activated.
    To solve this problem, the fire storm in the phoenix item was replaced with the same fire storm as the torch item.
    However, this can result in the smiter becoming too powerful, and this option is completely useless in PvM.
    It would be better to lower the activation rate of 40% to 10%.

8. Assassin mind blast skill bug
    If the current mind blast skill is used in the diagonal direction of the opponent, it will be properly knocked back.
    However, there is a problem that the knock back does not work properly when used in the up, down, left, right sides (vertical direction).

9. FHR missing
    After 2.4 patch, FHR and FBS were gone. WTF

34 Likes

I agree 100%, plz stop blizzard

4 Likes

I strongly agree your idea

4 Likes

I agree 100%, plz stop blizzard

3 Likes

agree pls consider impact on pvp of all this stuff

2 Likes

Plz consier pvp balance.

3 Likes

Nec character is too strong.
Plz consider pvp balance.

3 Likes

Yes, please listen blizzard.

3 Likes

Especially, 5 is really serious problem it could be change all things of this game
wanna keep play diablo2. but, It is not the same diablo game anymore

3 Likes

Very good tip. Blizzard should take note of it.

2 Likes

I completely agree, please actively reflect

2 Likes

Thank you.
Stop Blizzard!!

2 Likes

The OP has presented very clear, concise, and logical suggestions to make changes that will improve pvp. Although I do not play pvp myself, 점심 's recommendations appear eminently worthy of consideration, and I hope Blizzard will take the time to consider them carefully!

2 Likes

Here’s my thoughts.

Amazon

In theory, it makes sense from a roleplaying standpoint that the zon has a low cast rate. It is a bow / stab character - why would it cast quickly?

Look at PoE for guidance
Remember the goal is to mix things up each ladder to keep it fresh for the players; perfect balance is impossible and arguably impractical. The goal is to make fun new discoverable builds. This forces people to “experiment” with new builds, instead of make a hammerdin.

That said, every build hopefully is viable. If a skill straight up does not work, it should be buffed a bit. I appreciate the effort to fix this.

PVP

I feel the community for PVP is smaller than the PVM community. It’s unfortunate that the PVM balances directly affect PVP. Because of this, it’s going to be next to impossible to perfectly balance.

Blizzard needs to balance for the largest player base; it’s the way it has to go. The real solution is make different balances based on PVP vs PVM, but it would require to large of a code change. The developers would right back if they proposed this change.

P.S.This post has terrible grammar making it difficult to read; OP- typos are no excuse when they have a built in spellchecker, fool.

1 Like

amazon
FCR that costs too high compared to other characters is unreasonable.
I don’t think there’s any need for D2 Resurrection if you’re going to be compared with PoE.

PvP
It’s not as much as PvM, but PvP still has a lot of users.
Don’t forget that PvM players create a new room every time, but PvP doesn’t.
Think about why posts about stun systems that have absolutely no relationship with PvM are the best viewed.

P.S. I write what I think at the time, so it may be difficult to read.
But there doesn’t seem to be any misleading paragraphs.
Develop your comprehension… fool :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think simple solution is to adjust crafted Safety shield from 10% magic resist to upto 33% magic resist or 20% magic absorb. Boom problem solved, you can buff bone skills even more. Now you have way to deal with damn magic damage of hammers and bone spirits.

2 Likes

Mrlamasc has a survey he will send to blizzard, you can fill out with your ideas so they can review it.

1 Like

There should be more items with Magic absorb, like a unique ring or amulet, something. or possibly allow that mod to spawn on rare items.

1 Like

Activate Merman’s Sprocket (unique Wyrmhide Boots), they are already there, but just not spawn:

+410-420 Defense
+310 Defense Vs. Missile
+65% Faster Run/Walk
Replenish Life +5
Regenerate Mana 8%
+60-75 Magic Absorb
+55 Cold Absorb
Cannot Be Frozen
(0.75 Per Character Level) +0.75-74.24 To Mana (Based On Character Level)
(0.75 Per Character Level) Poison Resist +0.75-74.24% (Based On Character Level)

Those boots only have + to magic absorb. Unlike that crafted shield which has a %. If they adjusted mermans sprocket to like 15% magic absorb, that is just a random # i through out, then it would have more of an impact on dealing with hammers and necro bone skills. well see what happens. but i do like the idea of having magic absorb % more of a mainstream. Would it make PVM too easy? i doubt it, but it would help alot in PvP. since hammerdin is A+ tier and PNB nec is S tier. The only character that can really absorb a necro bone skills was a 95% es sorc with 5k plus mana :smiley:

1 Like