Proxies and VPNs?

Are they going to be a thing in D2R ? I want to play while i am travelling arround the world and staying in Hotels , Airports , ect… !

No they are not. You can’t play D2R while using VPNs.

why would you need a vpn?
internet is almost everywhere 🤌🏼😅

only reason i could see a need for a vpn is in a country like china that bans a lot of video games if they ban d2r you might need a vpn otherwise though there is no point to using one.

You are fine.

Old Bnet where D2 is had an automated system to restrict bots/cheaters that does not allow VPNs or commercial ISPs, among other things.

Modern Bnet where WoW, D3, Overwatch, and everything else is does not have that system at all.

VPNs are not supported officially (they won’t help you get it going with the game", but they are not prohibhited and won’t result in an auto penalty.

The only thing you might run into is the account security measures. Bnet can tell where you log in from so if you appear to teleport across the planet then you might end up with an account lock to protect you from the “Hacker”. To resolve it you just change your password or enter a code so that the system knows it is you. Same thing my bank does.

You can prevent that totally by having an Authenticator on the Bnet account. It greatly reduces security challenges by having the Auth attached.

You are extremely wrong.

totally possible but i did get a wow ban for using a “program to mask my IP” which was just nord vpn that i forgot to turn off after watching something on netflix and when i asked they said that vpn’s weren’t allowed so it was my understanding they weren’t but i will remove my post if that’s not the case.

I need to hide my IP!

I think you are wrong.

That does happen in Diablo 2 (2000) on the old Bnet system.

It does not happen on Modern Bnet though.

Blizzard staff post

CS will sometimes even have you use a VPN as part of troubleshooting connection issues.

D2R will be on the modern Bnet launcher with the other games so won’t have an issue specifically with just using a VPN. The advice usually is to try to stick to the same one though so your login info is consistent and you don’t appear to be globe hopping.

i thought i saw a topic where a staff posted that vpn will not work in D2R but maybe i’m wrong.

I really don’t think there was any such post. Heh. Mostly because we have so few Blue posts and they are easy to find. I would have remembered that.

It would be a MAJOR change to modern Bnet if Blizzard started prohibiting VPNs on that platform.

maybe i’m to hyped and can’t think clean anymore :smiley:

According to a Green and not a Blue (I think - can’t tell the difference due to colorblindness). it seems VPN and many other network tricks will not subject one to banning, per the technical support sections: