Private Game Password not shown

When in a private game, the password is no longer shown when mini-map is displayed.

5 Likes

Same here :frowning:

Really would be helpful to make sure you tell someone the right one.

Confirmed:

1 Like

Wasn’t the game name and password moved to the party screen

Nope. Not exactly:

Not unless you consider “XXXXXXXX” a password. (And that’s not the password I typed). So, if someone wanted to join my game and I didn’t remember the password I used, I’d have to recreate the game I was in.

Besides, as seen in my first screenshot, the option says: “Show Game Name and Password” under the Automap Options. Not in the Party Window.

Pretty sure this is a new feature and not a bug. I can imagine it was implemented to help protect streamers from being raided by their viewers. Hard to navigate the game without the map, and you cant use the map without revealing your password/game name.

Then, when they’re streaming, they can uncheck the box that says: “Show Game Name and Password”.

Pretty sure it is a bug.

The “new feature” is that you can toggle it off and on in the Automap Options. In D2:LoD (2000) you could not turn it off.

The image below is from my D2:LoD (2000 – Still installed).

Looks like this may have been fixed. It started showing again for me.

Edit: It was showing for a while the night before last, but last night it wasn’t. Haven’t checked today (10/14), however.

Screenshot please.

Mine still shows Game Name, but NOT Password. (Just like in the image I posted above).

It showed for me for a while, while I was playing the night before last, but then last night, it wasn’t showing again haha. I meant to update my post last night but got busy.

This is definitely a bug. Password is NOT shown on when automap is displayed with “Show Game Name and Password” enabled, and the password is shown as “XXXXXXXXX” on the party screen. So, there’s currently NO way to know what password you might have fat-keyed when starting the game.

Bump, please fix this blizzard…this has been happening for over a week.

Bump, still bugged!!! Should be fixxed! we normal people want to see our password!

Bumping because it still does NOT WORK.

Password is shown when you create game through “Play” button. If you create game in Lobby then password is hidden.

Has this been resolved yet?

No, still not working, its does sometimes but not always

My experience is the following
Games created from the lobby show the name name and pass.
Games created from character selection screen do not show the name and pass for some reason to the creator of the game, but they do show name and pass to people that join that game.