Presales Question: D2:R 2 Account

Hey Guys, hi Diablo 2:R Team,

if i buy D2:R on PC and on Switch, i know Crossplay is not ready @ release.
But is it possible to play on PC with 2 Diablo 2:R Accounts? The Acc from Switch @ PC, too?
Would be nice for mule game or selfrush.

thanks in advance

[E] a similar and nice discussion i found here:

• having a tradegame open while doing runs in a second tab
  • self-rushing
  • bo/chant
  • solo MF-ing on /players 8
  • filling empty slots in runs
  • opening cow level after killing king
  • testing PvP setups
  • and probably a few more that I forgot about

No. You would need to own two pc copies to do that. Even then, the game is launched through the Battle.net launcher, so I am not sure how you could get multiclients to work. Probably need virtual machine or something and I think that’s against the ToS.

To clarify: your Switch copy will only work on the Switch unless you link it to your pc copy, in which case you’d only be able to run one PC or Switch copy at a time from my understanding. Not two PC copies.

But why Blizzard says:
you contonue can play ur PC game on switch if u have 2 copys of D2:R?

You can play cross progression play if that is what you meant. Your post also talked about playing 2 copies on the pc though. For cross progression, yes, you can continue playing the Switch account on PC if you link it to your battle.net account on PC and also own a PC copy of the game.

As for running two copies on PC, I’m not sure as that’s not supposed to be allowed.

most likely they will have this in game as it is already a part of most of there games. you can link several accounts to your main account in WoW right now. so if you have ever seen ( [BATTLETAG] Playing World of Warcraft - Also playing World of Warcraft - ) which would be their second account that they linked to their main account. ok assuming this isnt implemented in dr2… which im almost sure it will be… but lets assume… theres ways around this… currently use a program called Sandboxie which is unofficially OK with blizzard, so you wont get banned for using it. but if you use programs like KOLBOT you will be banned if they do a “ban wave” and you are online using said program. but again look up sandboxie its easy and free. also you could get a VPN and use sandboxie as many times as you want, would just require you to create a new bnet account then sandbox it and run another. AND im sure theres other ways also… not worried about this one at all.

its the same principle as the Current CDkeys, when you buy a copie of dr2 your essentially paying for a CDkey that is unique to that purchase. doesnt stop you from buying 3 copies and running all 3 at the same time, again hopefully its easy enough without 3rd party programs, that technically could be a bannable offense.

No.

Your Switch game works on your Switch and your PC game works on your PC. You can’t play them at the same time on the PC. The Switch key won’t allow you to run a second PC account.

What you can do, is play online on the PC, have it save your progress, then go grab your Switch and continue progress where you left off. Bascially like a cloud save.

So far they have not indicated there will be Cross play between devices.

That is for WoW. Not for Diablo games. So far WoW is the only Blizzard game that allows more than one game license per Bnet account. They have not mentioned any changes for that. So assume for now that there is one game key for D2R or DI per Bnet account. Mobile and console platforms are separate.

Yes, Blizzard has changed their stance on Multiboxing lately so that any programs or even hardware used to facilitate can result in a ban. Manually muling though would be fine as that does not take any extra work, just manually logging into town.

This is the current Support article on WoW MB

Chances are that it could be applied to Diablo games as well, esp newly released ones.

Linking your Nintendo account to your Bnet account is already possible, I think it was added when Diablo III launched for the Switch.

True. However, I think this linking is Blizzard/Console level and shall not force D2R to automatically link because somebody might not want cross progression and just want to play separately.

I think console players will have access to 2 accounts if they also buy the PC version.(you can’t play two accounts at the same time obviously)

They can enable the linking and access the PC account and disable the linking and access the console account.

This is fair by any mean because they buy twice.

Fair enough.

Why is you’re writing in green? and why do i feel like my mom just came in and said “That’s Enough” sternly and walked away… :rofl: jk
I hope blizzard adds this in the game personally, i prefer to manually play 3-4 characters at once in HC, its really boring with just one. No mods like chicken or pickit or maphack, just playing the game legit has been those most fun for me in all of my diablo career. I think mutliboxing is fine as long as you manually have to play ALL characters, the MB is wow where one character can control 5-X amount of characters is not ok. i feel like that is basically botting. Thats my stance of course, others may feel different. If you have to manually move to another window to move a character into a portal, or use an ability, i feel like that is fine and in no way cheating.

Blizzard agrees with you on that these days. Hence cracking down in WoW in particular. It is just best to realize that same policy will probably apply to other Blizz games. What you described sounds fine. Manually switching accounts and controlling them manually is no problem.

MVPs are players who are familiar with policies, support issues, game questions, resources to point players at, etc. They get nothing besides green text.

I am old, have been here a long time, and yes, in a former life I was a teacher. On occasion I DO use the stern glare on the forums but I have no actual mod powers or anything.

Good point, didn’t think of that. Maybe there will be an option somewhere in the account settings.

This speaks about sortware/hardware that uses mirror commands when running two instances of the game at once. I understand that this does not apply to the use of sandboxie as many people uses it currently to run two instances of d2 at once.

So running two instances of d2r should be allowed as it is now for d2 or wow, as far as you dont mirror commands. Am i wrong?

There is a blue post somewhere where they say that they do not support sandboxie for d2, but they also do not ban for using it.

There are old posts regarding multiboxing that were based on previous policies.

The policies changed this year though - and the most recent change was this Wednesday to include hardware and anything that streamlines multiboxing.

Pure manual multiple account playing though - still ok.

Everyone knows I don’t work there so I don’t have more info. The policy linked is all they will say about it. They are deliberately vague. Some of the WoW players have tried getting public comments on it this week to no avail.

I would just plan to play it safe. You can run two instances of the game. Just don’t use anything to mirror movements and commands between the two game windows (hardware or software). Stick to manually muling the two accounts and such.

If someone wants to push boundaries in D2R - they can, but it does put their account at risk when they decide to see what Blizz will tolerate.

I personally would rather people be more careful than to mislead and have someone lose an account. So yeah, I am the super careful voice of caution.