Prebuffing sucks

Prebuffing sucks - remove hustle and fix IAS/FRW.

Fix whirlwind breakpoints

Fix shifter ias tables

add ias to more endgame uniques to have alternatives like windforce.

27 Likes

Couldn’t agree more, all auras should be dropped on swapping or de-equipping gear imo. If you aren’t using it it shouldn’t be effective.

5 Likes

Presume you mean buffs, not aura’s in particular (they leave after swapping or de-equipping, unless there is another aura bug I am not aware of).
Would make a lot of people angry I think though, all those sorc’s that now have to do it without BO or keep CtA as a main weapon…all for it myself though.

Yes indeed buffs, bad choice of words.

If buffs persisted through weapon swap, that’d be OK for me. We are limited to 2 item sets, and only to weapon+shield (or 2 weapons), so it’s quite balanced.
But buffs should not persist through unequipping. Otherwise players will collect all buff-providing items and cycle through them before starting the run. Unlike weapon swap, which uses a hotkey, this is just annoying.

4 Likes

I’m just here to say I agree. I hate prebuff. Please no prebuff.

4 Likes

You’re being charitable here calling it only “annoying”. It straight up is cancerous gameplay imo.

4 Likes

Yes, I put it mildly. IMO it is a clear exploit, abuse of game mechanics, not intended by the game designers.

1 Like

Not intended by the game designers? Lol give me a break, it was completely intended by the game designers. If it wasn’t we wouldn’t have items like demon limb, pretty much every weapon with charges, and now hustle.
Sorry but LoD was designed with this mechanic in mind.
I agree it is an annoying mechanic and I don’t use it mostly because I am too lazy to bother with it but get off your high horse about it not being intended by the designers.

Even if it was intended, that was a design flaw, like the entire inventory filled with charms. LoD was another epoch. Apart from QoL, OP items were created apparently with balance not taken into consideration at all (Enigma, Spirit, Infinity…).
In D2R we have PTRs., so the players at least in theory have a chance to spot such design flaws and influence the dev team to fix them.
And apparently many players do not want additional mandatory pre-buff gear.

1 Like

I’d be very OK with this compromise.

I’d even be OK with there being more oskill, charged, and proc prebuff items in this case, because then it would always have to be a tradeoff and compete with the other options instead of creating a long-and-cumbersome-but-optimal buff routine. And especially with how Uber speedruns are timed not counting prebuffs against the clock, that kind of prebuffing gets really dumb to watch.

2 Likes

This! If this continues with these pre-buffs, I will never ever (!) play melee again.
Well just delete these classes. We all play pala/sorc now.

Do u want to Nerf CTA?!

Nerf CTA?! OMG… delete teleprt in Enigma

Delete life tap curse in Exile

We go to the 1.09 roll back?!

1 Like

Yes.
(insert Yes Chad meme here)

2 Likes

Yes CTA is a stupid item, any item that is generically used for all builds is bad design, Anni and Torch should probably loose atleast half the stats and skills and for the love of good remove the light radius on torch(Game is supposed to be dark and dangerous). Since they trivializes builds and don’t force you to make hard choices when it comes to damage vs survivability. Even with those nefs they would still be used in 100% of the builds. But I digress.

2 Likes

Call to Arms was light and salt for casters with low life and mana. Duplicated use of BOS and Fade by husle and renegade armor for attack speed nerfed barbarians, windforce, bear sorceress, Frenzy barbarians, lots of melee combat and archers and throwing barbarians that require IAS is what I’ve been waiting for. Perfection that can increase the survival rate in hunting. Welcome to Blizzard. Please, I hope the runeword comes out as it is.

Agreed. Pre Buffing isn’t fun, and they shouldn’t add more.

3 Likes

With the changes to Mana burn energyshield sorcs are among the tankiest builds in the game(and yes you can fit max telekinesis/ memory energy shield swap) into any build. If you then pair this with insight(cough cold sorcs) you are very close to unkillable with or without CTA. All other casters has defensive choices that makes them playable without CTA(and more exciting). I would say MA-sins are probably the only ones that deserve BO outside of barbs(so solve that some other way).

1 Like

Is it re-fixed?
Start of this season I noticed Mana Burn stripping mana again and as far as I understood the bug had been re-introduced with 2.5 (without Mana Burn bug you are correct, had an ES sorc last season, even without Insight almost immortal as long as you took care not to burn through to much mana during teleport thus not end up in combat already nearly drained)