Portal at the end of the caves which send to the entrance

Dear Developers and Community!

What do you think about add teleport shrines at the end of the caves/dungeons in D2 Res, like D3? I think it would be a great improvement. I like clear caves, but after that is really boring and frustrating, when I have to move back at the start point, to continue my adventure.

I think it would be make the game a little bit faster, and people would have more motivation to grind more in the caves.

(I know that I can use town portal+waypoint but I think my version would be better)

100% No from me, if you know what you’re doing you can full clear MF games, pits/chaos/meph in under 5minutes easily. This is very unnecessary, you get quicker with experience and little tips/tricks for skipping or moving between places faster.

Watch some d2 speedruns of current world records to understand small simple things that speed up moving between places dramatically.

Example: when farming mephisto, Once you find his lvl2wp, Mephisto lvl 3 is ALWAYS to the shield wall left from the exit room of the waypoint. This comes from heavy knowledge of how maps are generated, this same law works in all Tombs for act 2. Tombs can sometimes generate in a REALLY odd pattern, but 99.9% of the time, shieldwall running = level 3, or duri etc.

^I only learned these well after 8k+ hrs in this game, i’m now well over 12k LOL and only learned them because a few mods do not allow maphack, had to search map generation patterns etc to be affective mfing.

Truth be told I just had a “natural feeling” of where to go ever since I was a kid playing, but later in life I saw all these pattern methods and thought that’s cool but I’m already going the right way without even thinking about it most of the time

but those tricks are really helpful and useful, the one that cuts the most time and that I didn’t know about until I heard it from someone is the countess always left map, that was the only one I hated until I realized you need to to hit left

Oh yeah with so many hours invested you got an incredible ESP for it, but actually learning the map pattern “rules” for generating was fun and interesting, I do a lot of HC lvl 99 ladder races, mostly P1 so learning these layouts helped a TON in progressing to hell content much quicker…

I still run the wrong ways from ESP guiding me n i’m like wait no LOL…

omg… really? whats next? free town portals?

No thanks. I think this idea hurts the aesthetic and “feel” of the world of Diablo.

meh , i’d rather not use up a shrine solely for a guaranteed town portal one.

i’d rather keep them randomized , especially some of them are awesome to get by chance.
for example a gem shrine , it’s good to see them when you have a spare flawless gem to use it on.

same for endurance shrine (very early on) or experience shrine. (early too , low level )
or simply skill shrine (any moment of the game, to increase your overall efficiency)

this is exactly how great games get destroyed

dont like it run a sorc

Go play Diablo 3. Your idea is terrible and one of the ideas that made Diablo 3 a garbage game.

What? No.

That’s what town portal scrolls are for. They are dirt cheap.

Honestly, OP, if you want a game that plays like that, play D3. D2 is not like that, and it doesn’t need to be like that. D2 has never been about “convenience” – that is really antithetical to the entire attraction of D2.

Planning ahead, you don’t need a TP at the end of the cave. You should have TP’s on you in the first place, if not, chances are one will drop in the next 0-2 minutes from monsters. If not, thats the will of the RNG gods making you pay tribute.

Planning ahead example: Head out to the Blood Moor, find the Den of Evil entrance, throw up a TP. Proceed to Cold Plains, use waypoint to go to town. Use TP to get to go clear Den of Evil. Once cleared, TP to town, go to Cold Plains waypoint. This saves you the time backtracking out of the cave, or rewalking from town to the Cold Plains at the expense of an additional TP scroll.

NO PLZ! we have town portal scrolls and can create portals whenever we like! whats the purpose of this? there isnt even a official end to most caves its just whichever part is the last to be explored.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_-AoSNlyloVYR0-bHYlnAbBqKQZYyMO_FhmGEt5LGOU/edit#gid=1514984769

for people who want more info… this goes more in depth of each known area

sadly summoner is a jerk as has no easy way to be found >.>

I kind of like it that way… The chests at the dead ends can pop out some nice loot. :smiley:

I know I will spend time re-examining the Arcane Sanctuary with the new graphics to see if they threw in a subtle direction clue somewhere… lol

Yeah, I never knew the generation pattern. Always got annoyed finding Meph, but went the right way around half the time. Andy, I seem to find Cata 3 and 4 fast about 80% of the time.

I agree, I never had issues aside from that pesky Arcane Sanctuary… most maps it’s pretty obvious where to go, at least to me.

What would be nice would be to place 2 town portals, like an anchor. Not always needed. Small QoL improvement. Some drawbacks, especially with multiple people playing and jumping into the wrong one… unless also locked by caster and then more code and blah blah so forth frothing.

Easiest to leave alone as it works just fine.

yea , i think most experienced diablo 2 learned / seeked those , they are very usefull (except for the ones that used map hack i guess but in my case as i never did i always tried to find better pattern for fun, usually for naught)
i think this spreadsheet is nice for newcomers or those that don’t have such things , personally i have a big image with these info and some others info (breakpoint , some specific useful early runesword etc…)

That being said , once , in the old days , i was seeking like crazy a way to find the summoner , but to no avail , he is indeed a bad dude :stuck_out_tongue: (to be polite)

there’s only the durance of hate 3 which i had a hard time finding sometime :confused: )